Perhaps, in many cases, they've had life too easy, SG. In recent years, the prevailing attitude seems to be you can do whatever you want, the world is your lobster, no restrictions, etc.  It isn't true. Tough, but you can't and it's not.  Life is not a bed of roses, so better get used to it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

It's everywhere! We felt quite safe here in our village until a month ago when we had to self isolate. Two classes from the village school are all on self isolation, including our Great granddaughter next door. A couple of village elders are in a bad way too. Being midway between Stoke and W'ton our village was bound to get it sooner or later.

We can take all the precautions possible but we still have to rely on the integrity of others, shops and delivery services.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Two weeks isolating, tut tut. We've been isolating now for 228 bloody days and still counting !!!

Beekay, have you been told by NHS or Govt to isolate all this time or have you made that decision yourselves?  Just asking because I think you’re the only person I know who has done this.   

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

So all the patients clogging up the hospital beds are just pretending to be ill then?

You’ve taken the bait,

London hospital beds:
Out of 21,000 beds:
945 Covid patients 
150 suspected Covid
 Only 8% of London beds taken by Covid. 
 Deaths below the five-year average. 

• Like 3

My wife had a government letter about isolating. I'm just trying to be cautious. Your right Phil, nobody has told me it's safe. Plenty have said it's Not safe !!

People can scoff all they want, I just want us both to be as safe as possible without being paranoid.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

So alan s you’re saying the truth about Covid is being concealed throughout the world and the ruin to their economies is what they all want. They once used Christianity and the fear of God to control the population. I can only go on what I read and hear through the media although I do know of some people locally who are in isolation. You would seem to have have a better source of information.

Okay so who is running the worldwide conspiracy? China, the Russians, CIA, the luminarti  (not sure how to spell that), one of the terrorist groups, certainly not Boris and co unless they are doing a brilliant job of acting. Could be bankers I suppose they have already tried to bring some economies to their knees. 

@philmayfield I don’t know what the end game ‘tho I have my suspicions.

Just remember there’s a 99.95% recovery rate, IF you catch it.

Average age of covid death is 83, bearing in mind average UK lifespan is just over 81 years.

More people will die through missed diagnoses, poverty & suicide.

• Like 3

Beekay my wife and myself are being the same, not to the extent as yourselves but we havent left the house for 3 weeks now. Before that we went out but masks have been worn all the time, plenty of gel used and clothes steamed when we returned.  The wife has a lung condition and has emergency antibiotics in the house as our GP believes she has little chance of surviving a full blown lung infection. Usually she is ill with lung problems at least 3 times a year since March she hasnt had one, so the precautions work. These actions make us feel safer and thats what matters to us.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I can agree with your last sentence. On your theory there’s a lot of hullabaloo over nothing too serious. I’m not taking any chances. I’m in the over 70 category so potentially more vulnerable. I’d rather die peacefully at home than gasping for my last breath in the QMC

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I see Morrison’s are giving more key workers a 10% discount plus including them in the “special hour”. Including teachers in it now, says everything I think. 

I too am over 70, have been a smoker most of my life, although I haven’t had a cig since Christmas, although there are contradicting reports on whether this makes it worse or stops you from getting it. I’d rather not take the chance of being in the 0.05%, although it looks like the percentage is actually over 1%.

43 minutes ago, alan s said:

I don’t know what the end game ‘tho I have my suspicions.

Ah the secret's out, world domination by China. Wuhan was just an experment to test the effectiveness of the virus. It was carefully created in the nearby chemical weapons factory and not designed to simply kill everyone but to attack the respiritory system. This has several benifits, the elderly are less likely to survive due to age related weakness, after they die the strain on the pension and social system will be much lower. By wiping out the elderly we remove memories and experience, the dead tell no tales and history can be rewritten. The world population will be vastly reduced, energy and food demand brought down for the non contributors. Less people, less pollution. Those who survive will be younger and stronger and can work to support the  state. Thanks to closing school etc. they will be poorly educated and thus easier to bend to the will of the party and the great leaders...

Don't know why I didn't see the truth of it before..

Now, all together.... 

The people's flag is deepest red
It shrouded oft our martyred dead...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Are you actually related to David Icke, Brew, or is he just a friend? ;)

Ha!.. you may scoff but you'll be sorry when they start rounding up all those not wearing the sacred purple.....