• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

5 hours ago, alan s said:

The corona hoax is the climate scam in different clothing. This is about fear, and ultimately control.

Do you not realise how upsetting your remarks can be to a person who has lost a family member.   Has been unable to be by their side holding them at the end watching them fighting for breath. Your ignorance is unsurpassed 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gem said:

Do you not realise how upsetting your remarks can be to a person who has lost a family member.   Has been unable to be by their side holding them at the end watching them fighting for breath. Your ignorance is unsurpassed 

Sorry about your loss @Gem. If I had my way you would have been able to be by their side, I can’t be held responsible for knee jerk reactions. Yearly death rates are average, respiratory deaths lower than average.

Apologies for not being part of the clique @Beekay, I lost a lot of interest when @IAN123. got hounded off the site.

• Like 4

Just trying to remember the rules of lockdown? Initially, apart from key workers and for essential shopping we were not allowed out at all. Then it eased a bit and we could exercise with walking or cycling. Then being able to go fishing or golfing etc. So how do we stand on Thursday? What are the rules?

Our schools are now closed. Lockdown? If it's not happened during the night, it's very close and undecided. Whose fault is it? No body has a clue, but universities and schools opening again, overloaded public transport, returning holiday makers, people travelling in infected areas? Who knows?

Think we will remember 2020 with anger, sadness and memories of loneliness, but also with adapting new ideas, learning new skills and obeying rules.

• Like 5
18 hours ago, alan s said:

Apologies for not being part of the clique

This clique ( a small close-knit group of people who do not readily allow others to join them), is not actually a clique at all. What you find if you can be bothered to look is a group of people who share a common interest and you are welcome to join any of the myriad posts that are under comment and discussion.

As the News of the World once boasted - All human life is here.

Please leave any bad attitude at the door. Thank you

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Brew said:

This clique ( a small close-knit group of people who do not readily allow others to join them), is not actually a clique at all. What you find if you can be bothered to look is a group of people who share a common interest and you are welcome to join any of the myriad posts that are under comment and discussion.

As the News of the World once boasted - All human life is here.

Brew, I think you've overlooked the post to which the 'clique' comment alluded to - as classic an example of cliquism as I ever saw. More so, the likes your post has attracted.... Just sayin' ...:)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, TBI said:

Brew, I think you've overlooked the post to which the 'clique' comment alluded to - as classic an example of cliquism as I ever saw

OK. can you explain a little more of your reasoning?

5 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Yes, 'likes' do tend to indicate cliqueyness. I'll not give any likes in future to maintain impartiality!

No they indicate agreement, approval or to indicate something that is 'liked' by the reader. Only those who disagree or have a persecution complex think it indicates a clique and insults member intelligence

• Like 1

Strangely enough I did exactly that before I posted and that's where my definition comes from.  I know I may not be the brightest flower in the bunch so please elucidate, I'm always willing to learn.

I often give likes for no other reason than to let a member know that I saw their post and do not disgree with it.  If I did disagree I would post a polite response with my reasons for disagreement.  I'm not here to raise my blood pressure.  It's high enough already.

9 minutes ago, TBI said:

As the saying goes.....There are none so blind as they who will not see.

I'll leave you to your site.

Goodbye.

Oh dear I hope you don't leave. We may disagree but that's hardly reason for pouting and flouncing off into the sunset. Stay and state your case, without cliches, or don't respond but don't leave on my account...