A friend of mine in her 60s has just tested positive, my Son in law from Doncaster went for the test after showing the symptoms. After 3 days they told him the test was inconclusive so he went for another, after 5 days he hadn't had a reply so he phoned them only to be told they had lost his contact details, and the test was positive. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Sadly as time goes on, we seem to now know of people in our areas or relations coming down with the virus. It was figures and graphs once, but now it is names we know.

I'm sad to say that the family living in the adjoining side of our semi have fallen victim to the virus now. The eldest of three children was diagnosed on Sunday so the whole family are now isolating themselves. Apparently the school at Telford has children with the virus, so they think she caught it there???? 

Yesterday we took our Granddaughter to the Aston Uni, to bring all of her belongings back home, so she is not alone in the rooms on her corridor at the campus. She is not one for night life/Parties or revelling it up, and has decided to study from home, where at least she has her mums company and us Grandies just around the corner. The other seven students on her corridor  have all gone home already.

Look after yourselves everyone.

• Like 6

Good decision for your grand daughter Carni. When it comes close to home you realize how serious it is. You keep safe.

• Like 1
On 11/1/2020 at 4:55 PM, Brew said:

Strangely enough I did exactly that before I posted and that's where my definition comes from.  I know I may not be the brightest flower in the bunch so please elucidate, I'm always willing to learn.

You might not be the brightest Brew but I think you will be one of the best...my opinion and I'm entitled to it 

• Like 1

Carni.PP and Den. Please..please all be careful and stay safe.

As for students at uni. I feel really sorry for them as they were mostly obliged to turn up having already paid fees etc. They have been very badly served by both Govt. And the Unis.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I have a neighbour who is a widow. She has diabetes and is overweight. She has a daughter who is also massively overweight..as is her husband. Both have Covid. Widow seems to think that she can be in a bubble with her daughter/son in law AND her son and his wife. I also clearly overheard her saying that kids can't get..or transmit Covid...10 months or more in and people still dont even grasp the basics.

• Like 1

Some people are still not convinced of the seriuos nature of Covid, to be fair the information given out is enough to confuse anyone and changes almost with the wind direction. If as you say she is a neighbour I recomend you stay well clear, you'll never convince she's wrong.

• Like 1

Either they are idiots..or they have no socks....possibly both. ...

The vaccine is a ray of hope.  I'm pretty certain that even if the vaccine lives up to the hype, Christmas is pretty much off this year.   I have ( I hope) avoided the virus since Feb... I can make it a full year... or more.

The big temptation will be to see the kids and Grandkids at Christmas..  But the Grandkids will have been in school and could well have picked up the virus as they are in a 'hot spot' (Greater Manchester)  It seems a bit daft to come this far and risk it all when the light at the end of the tunnel seems so close.

• Like 3

There was a facetime session this afternoon, not being able to see him and give him a hug makes my teeth itch.... There is every chance Christmas will bring floods of tears to herself and maybe even a quivery lip here. That bloody light best get here PDQ if you ask me!

• Like 2

Same here Brew.. but .. I can see the Grandkids on Whatssapp etc. I genuinely don't think the kids are as troubled by this as we are.. I speak to mine frequently and they seem very bright and happy.  They have discussed Coronavirus with their Mum and Dad and are pretty clued up abut it for a 5 and 10 year old.

I'm reminded of discussion of 'Deferred/Delayed Gratification' at Uni.. which is very relevant at the moment and which a far wider section of the population could do with absorbing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_gratification

• Like 2

My daughter is a TA at in inner city school where 90% of the pupils’ parents are not British born. Some of them are touchingly thankful for the education their children are getting, and at term ends she comes home with many gifts - mostly home baked. Some of them (and it seems to be one ethic group in particular) seem quite arrogant, are all “rights and no responsibilities”, and use the school as unpaid child care. 

I learned, today that she is not at work at the moment. Two parents, both of whom have tested positive, have decided to have a break from their kids and have sent them to school. The children are now awaiting test results themselves, and the whole school year has been sent home. My daughter has already had one, thankfully negative, test but it makes my blood boil that she is at the mercy of such criminally selfish and arrogant people.

• Like 4

AFG , how selfish just because the parents want a break. For heavens sake dont we all need a break? My son and his family with 3 children live in our house in there own apartment and i dont see my grandchildren. My dil told me not to be offended if they dont come close. Its made me afraid to even greet them when they come home from school although there is now only the youngest at school the 2 boys have online lessons. We used to do so much together and i realise they are growing up and no longer want to do the things they did as children but im beginning to wonder if ill ever get to hug and kiss them again.

Nonna dont worry about hugs and kisses my eldest granddaughter and son went off it for a few years but now they are 23 and 19 we dont see them very often but when we do gran gets hugs every time she sees them. But grandson who towers above her makes her stand on tip toes before she receives a kiss.

Trogg, its now that i want the hugs and kisses but will have to wait til things are better. The middle one gives me bearhugs and kisses me continually, the other two are more introverse.

Well our 7 year old granddaughter is in Czech Republic, staying with her Czech granny, with the intention of going to school there for a term.  She was supposed to have been there for the Summer Term (April to July) but the 1st lockdown put paid to that.  So this term our daughter-in-law decided that there was more chance of her actually being at school 5 days a week in Javornik, CR, where her mother lives and where SHE grew up, than in Milton Keynes which is their family home.  Unfortunately when Czech Republic went into lockdown about a month ago the schools closed.   Little one seems to be doing fine, she’s getting fluent in Czech, is translating when we attempt to speak with Czech granny, learning to play the piano, reading and writing in Czech and every day she has a lesson, reading, writing, sums etc with our son on FaceTime.  He’s missing her terribly but accepts that the experience will be good for her, and I must admit she seems to have grown up loads in the few weeks she’s been away, she Facetimes us every other day so we’re actually having more communication from her than we do when she’s at home.   
Her Mummy and Daddy intended going over a couple of times to see her but that hasn’t been possible.  Just hoping that we can get her home for Christmas! 

• Like 2

I just want to give you all (My Cyber  Buddies) a little insight as to the speed this nasty virus can take you down. We have been as we thought, more than careful in social distancing/ Masks etc all the warnings we have taken into account. But. Not enough.

Tuesday morning, I developed a tiny tickle in my throat, slowly over the day it got worse. By bedtime I had the kind of cough we have all had sometime in our life, but this time I couldn't break it! Very scary through the night, so much that we phoned for a test Wednesday morning. They fit us in for 11am. I have been in bed since. One hour ago we received texts to say we are both positive for the virus. Our Daughter and Granddaughter have tests tomorrow.

Husband has had heart attack and is diabetic, and I have heart issues, so I am very afraid. 

Please be extra careful, we thought we were safe.  Not So. x