• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Good grief Carni...  I don't know what to say... I really, really hope you both recover soon.. any ideas where you picked it up?

Thinking of you Carni and your hubby, sorry I forgot his name , take care and get well soon, you are needed for the choir , just think of those cakes that need eating and you will soon be up and about again.

Sorry to hear your news Carni  We all know how careful you and your husband have been but this virus sneaks up on people. Our thoughts are with you, take care and hurry up and get well. Love to you both. xxxxx

Oh dear Carnie,,you and Chris will beat the bleddy thing,,and we'll be singing again soon my lovely,,xxx benji 

So sorry to hear this news carni.  I hope it will only be a mild dose.  We will be thinking of you both.  Love Margie xxx

Just read you post Carnie   Get better soon we are all thinking of you.  Don't let it get you down Fight it.

Thinking of you Carni, hope it doesn't get too bad. Get well soon miduck, you're my only contact in the West Midlands. Take care both of you. Barrie.xx

2 hours ago, Brew said:

any ideas where you picked it up?

Absolutely no idea. We have cycled most days but not come into  contact with people. We have shopped at Morrisons but followed the correct procedure eg....Cleaned the basket handles with the cleanser provided, our hands also sanitised on the way in, and again with our personal sanitiser in the car after shopping. 

I did one Christmas shop last Thursday, I only went into one place 'The Perfume Shop' in W-ton Wulfrun Center. In and out in approx 15mins. Everyone having perfume gifts this year. 

Still in bed but my chest seems to be easier. Thank Goodness.  All I can say after knowing how careful we have been is, no one is safe.

Probably youve got it from the perfume shop Carni, did you touch any door handles or perfume sample bottles. .?Did you touch your face in there. .?You went in thursday and felt bad on sunday , thats about 5 days which a nurse friend of my daughters says thats about the incubation period. 5 to 10 days.

Hope you are still feeling a bit better and hope that it soon passes. Stay well and i know you keep safe. Best wishes to you and your husband.

• Like 1

I’m so sorry to hear your news Carni, .......  actually you’re the very first person I know who’s contracted the virus, which makes me now (finally) realise that it’s real.  Wishing you a speedy recovery, get well soon both of you.  

• Like 1

The shop was an open fronted one NonnaB, and I didn't touch any of the goods. BUT. The two assistants didn't have masks or gloves. Between them they both handled the products I bought. (I never thought at the time) I went in last Thursday and got my first symptom on Tuesday, which  falls in with the expected  days. Tomorrow we will have to sort out who we have to inform. I was at the Warfarin clinic on the Tuesday, it was after going there that I felt the first tickle in my throat, so we need to get it made known quickly.

• Like 1

Thankyou all, you are very kind. It does lift the spirits to know people care.

It is so worrying the way this virus can spread and the speed it brings you down.

On the day of my first symptom, I was perfectly ok, I felt normal, I attended a Warfarin Clinic early in the morning, I cooked a meal for us and gave one to  an old friend, also shopped in Morrisons and at 4pm gave our son a lift home from work.

Today the government want a list of all people who may have contacted us while infected. All of these people came into contact with me in the hours before it became  clear that there was a problem., all on that same Tuesday10th 

The reason I keep posting is, that I am so shocked  about it all, I want you all to hear about my personal experience in the hope it makes you all  even more careful. Stay Safe.x

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to hear about this carni, but I'm sure everything will turn out ok.

You've come through quite a lot medically in the last few years and I'm sure you'll come through this as well. The virus will find that you're stronger than it expected :)

• Like 4

Those of us who take all the precautions fall to the carelessness/stupidity of others. Take care of yourselves Carni and think of all the cake shops you can visit when your out and about again.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, carni said:

The shop was an open fronted one NonnaB, and I didn't touch any of the goods. BUT. The two assistants didn't have masks or gloves. Between them they both handled the products I bought. 

Carni the shop assistants were really irresponsible. They must know that everyone who buys perfumes wishes to handle the bottles and maybe touch the counter. But no gloves and masks, they need reporting. Those who are wearing masks and distancing are being infected by those who couldn't care less. Sorry but I lose my temper with that kind of person, it's getting the same here , now we have 37 cases in the village. There are those who have family and friends round and take no precautions. My daughters restaurant has neighbours who frequently do this  and I'm sorry to say they are not Italians but Macedonians. A big hug to you both.

• Like 2