hearteyesThis is to all of you who I know I might have missed giving some likes for your encouraging posts, but my finger gets tired, so I have a rest, then I nod off, when I wake up I have forgotten what I was doing, so some of you might be missed? Does that make sense? slywink

• Like 7
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Carni, I only just saw this.  Don't worry about giving likes..just both of you concentrate on looking after yourselves and getting better.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

B*gger Pfizer, et al. Let's all rush down to Birds and empty the shelves.  Wipe that cream off your chops, Carni! :P

B*gger Pfizer is right. £30 for two doses that have to be kept at -70 degrees. Getting that over from Belgium post Brexit?

The Oxford vaccine, being distributed from Oxford at cost (£2.23) and kept at normal fridge temperature.

We should hold our nerve (and our cash).

Somehow can't see common sense prevailing - it's been in short supply so far.

Carni , iI hope you are feeling a bit better, you have got us all worried but you'll fight it. I was just thinking about your post a few days ago when you said your neighbours were positive. Is it possible that in some way you could have been infected by them. Touching things or masks not worn by them. Its terrible when you have to think who've you seen or spoken to. Get well soon and let us know how you are. Hugs.

Things about the vaccine....

It's not difficult to keep things below 70C with Dry Ice.. but that is solid Carbon Dioxide which would need to be vented to prevent explosions if it 'unfroze'.

There are liquified gases such as Nitrogen  (-195 C)

..and the above only needed if you don't have access to electrically powered 'superfridges'.

I reckon it would be best to use Army personnel for distribution.  They are disciplined, receptive to training etc.

But if they go to form.. the Tories will no doubt give the job to G4E, Serco, Crapita or some other 'well proven' bunch of crooks.

10 hours ago, oldphil said:

The Oxford vaccine, being distributed from Oxford at cost (£2.23) and kept at normal fridge temperature.

We should hold our nerve (and our cash).

I've not seen these figures.  Your source please?

6 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I have seen these figures as well when comparing the 2 vaccines. Not sure whether I saw it on AOL or on the news thingy on my phone. The Pfizer Vaccine does seem a bit expensive, I wonder how much profit they will make on it?

9 hours ago, nonnaB said:

I was just thinking about your post a few days ago when you said your neighbours were positive. Is it possible that in some way you could have been infected by them

Even though our homes are semi detached we have very little close contact with each other, even in the summer. We speak mainly from around 20ft  plus apart, when we catch each other out the front. That may sound like we are not a friendly bunch, but we couldn't possibly have better neighbours, both sides of us are brilliant. I would say definitely not the source of our infection.

We have been bombarded with NHS track and trace texts, last night Chris received 32 texts in about 2hrs. We eventually got called on the home phone and spent 45mins answering questions about where we had been from around 5days before first symptom appeared. Then it was my turn, we had to be questioned individually. 

Good news now.......I feel better in my self this morning, the scary cough is settling down a bit, though I am nervous in case there is a sting in the tail yet to come. Chris seems to be a day behind me in symtoms. 

Take care all.xx

• Like 6
7 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Several papers, Mail, Telegraph. Times, say the Oxford Vaccine is far less (£2 -ish) than the Pfizer version. At he moment it is sold 'at cost' but under the terms of the contract, Astra Zeneca (not the government), can say when the pandemic is over and can raise the price.

Good to hear that you are on the mend Carni :clapping:

Our Granddaughter and he partner were bedridden with it 10 days ago but have now recovered. She thinks she picked it up from her football team. Never thought that the best footballer in the whole family would be a girl :cool:

• Like 2

Thankyou for your good wishes PP.

There are more Girl footballers around PP. Our next door neighbours daughter is captain of the Wolves Womens Football team. Anna Price. fabulous player. I bet your Granddaughter and Anna will have crossed paths at some matches.

Glad to hear you are starting to feel a bit better Carni, it is a worrying when you hear of anyone you know that catches it. If it was the perfume shop wonder how many others have been infected as well. Just goes to show no matter how careful you are you have to depend on others being careful as well. 
Roll on the vaccine. Although thinking about it I am not sure when I would actually ditch my mask etc. to be honest. Think the roll out would have to be completed before I would feel confident enough to do it and even then I think I would watch the stats very carefully before I did, if ever.

• Like 1

It's probably a silly question, but what are the chances of partners re-infecting each other?

Thinking of you Carni, take care.

Re-infection is a major worry and there have been cases reported in the UK. According the UK GOV the second time around it is somewhat different to the first infection. The concern is that Covid goes endemic like flu and keeps coming back in mutated from.

Carni my eldest son was tested positive and he had very few symptoms, his wife and son were negative but had to isolate.  He was isolated in his bedroom his wife used to place food outside his door and so controlled his diet. He had to eat healthily for 14 days before he came out his bedroom, his wife heard him go down stairs and make a cup of tea in the middle of the night , next day a kettle was out side his door.  He is one for eating junk food crisps and other treats he tried to bribe his son to place some outside his door but no luck, his daughter, daddies girl would have but she is at Uni, so he came out fitter than when he went in.

Keep your spirits up you will soon be back on your bike riding hastily to the nearest Birds.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Brew said:

Re-infection is a major worry and there have been cases reported in the UK. According the UK GOV the second time around it is somewhat different to the first infection. The concern is that Covid goes endemic like flu and keeps coming back in mutated from.

My doctor believes that ultimately all will be infected, like the common cold or flu'.  The main difference being in the reaction to it.  We already know that certain groups are at greater risk..

After no cases of community transmission in South Australia for 7 months we wake up this morning to 17 cases of community transmission in the northern suburbs of Adelaide. At this stage it is believed that the origin point is one of the medi-hotels that house people coming from overseas in quarantine for two weeks and from there in to a large family group. It has been acknowledged that health authorities had not been routinely testing those that have been working in these medi-hotels. I find this an amazing oversight.

It was a failure of procedures in a medi-hotel that led to the recent prolonged lockdown in Melbourne.

Did we become complacent due to the long period without community transmission, unfortunately the answer is yes. As I go shopping only occasionally I can see that people using the hand sanitisers that are at the entrance to most stores has dropped of to around a 10% use rate.

The battle with this virus is a long way from being over and it looks like it will be with us for a very long time if not forever, much like the common cold and flu. After a few days of it being announced that we can freely travel to WA, Tas. and the NT we now have to undergo quarantine there. We are awaiting NSW, Qld and Victoria deciding how to respond. Strange that a few weeks ago we were excluding them all from our state.

To all mentioned on here that have been affected I wish you a speedy recovery and to all others stay as safe as you possibly can.

• Like 1

Not good news for us either. My youngest grandson ( 15) has to have an operation on his foot. It should have been today. My son took him to the hospital the other day for something or other and were both tested. My son was negative but Matthew was positive so operation cancelled. Tomorrow they have to go to another hospital to be tested again this time with a swab,but only Matthew which I find is strange. The whole family ( 5) have to stay in isolation and Matthew is also in isolation away from the rest in his bedroom, which fortunately isn't shared with his brother. He also is able to have his own bathroom and not share it with his sister. We communicate,us using the bottom of the stairs and them using the top step and hiding behind the door. We haven't been in contact with the children and my son has only occasionally come into our kitchen only opening the door and staying in the hallway wearing a mask. My daughter comes across to eat with us wearing a mask and sits at the opposite end of the table .She is not in contact with anyone really as her partner takes delivery of all the orders for meals. So hopefully we are all ok. Stay safe everyone.

Sorry about the nasty CV finding it’s way into your family, Nonna.   It really is very sneaky.  I hope Matthew will get over it very quickly and be able to have his op.  x

Good news Matthew had his second test yesterday and has just heard from his dr that he is negative and now just waiting for the official confirmation. We all think that he already had it a few days and my DIL wasn't well a slight cough and loss of taste but didn't think much of it. Waiting to hear if they are now allowed out of isolation. One very happy 15 yr old.

• Like 2

That is good news nonnaB

From being almost normal here on Sunday and us planning to go to a country race meeting and stay overnight this weekend. No-one in the state is going anywhere. Unless you are an essential worker, only one person in the home is allowed out once per day to shop or go to the doctors or chemists, No other outside activity is allowed. Where you were at midnight last night is where you have to stay for the next six days.

The only things open for the next six days are supermarkets, petrol stations, chemists, doctors surgeries and essential services such as water, power and telecoms and food transport and agricultural/food processing facilities. All other factories are closed except those with continuous process such as steel mills and foundries. Schools are closed this time too and you cannot have a wedding or a funeral.

This comes about as a result of a covid cluster in the northern suburbs of Adelaide where they believe the means of transmission were contaminated surfaces. In total there are 23 confirmed cases with another 7 suspected positives. 

They say this strain has a short infection cycle of three days and it started by a cleaner working in a medi hotel where returning travelers are quarantined caught it and passed it on to their family. The amazing thing is that they were not regularly testing workers in these medi hotels. They have decided to put in place severe restrictions for six days and then a reduced level for 8 days after that if things are controlled by then. The village idiots are out hoovering up supplies of toilet paper and dry goods as if the world is ending.

The thought process behind this "circuit breaker" lockdown is to go hard and go early and stop this cluster in its tracks

I am rapidly running out of jobs to do around the house but as today is forecast to be 35 deg I won't get much done anyway.

Stay safe and well everyone.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1