• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

We are out of our ultra strict "circuit breaker" lockdown as of Saturday midnight.

It now appears that one of the two prime origin cases had deliberately told lies to the contact tracing team that ultimately led to the decision to lockdown the entire state. Strangely enough there are no penalties for misleading the contact tracers?

Still awaiting a formal announcement of what we are allowed or not allowed to do as of midnight Saturday.

• Like 1

Strange to say Oz giving false information to the track and trace system is not unheard of here...

I hope the circuit breaker has worked for you, it sounded much stricter than the restrictions we have but if it works it's worth the extra imposition. 

My eldest son has just got over his isolation period. He and several firemen at his station contracted Covid from a visiting firemen who came to do a shift then tested positive after returning to his own station.  He lost his sense of taste first,  then smell and felt achy. Never once did he have a temperature. A lot of public places here take your temperature on entering,  which now seems a waste of time. You don't have to have a temperature to have Covid.

Any precaution is valid,if it produces a result.  Here temperature taking has been around forever. My husband saw the Dr this morning and said he had to report someone for going out whilst in isolation. The reply was " we've not been anywhere and have all taken care" but he'd been to Sardinia on holiday. People like this need to be reported goodness know s how many he's infected. Last count we had 47 in the village. My grandson is very careful and sensible but he got it too but at least he did his "time in isolation" . Now they have their official ok from the health service although it'll be a long time until the grandchildren can go out.

Beginning of this week we where told that we would have to wear face covering for indoor work (bit late to the party?) its only for about 2, 2 &1/2 hours, I have to admit it's horrid, you can't breath while working, hats off to the NHS & shop workers who wear them all day, don't know how they do it?   

• Like 3

Did anyone see the programme on BBC2 On Thursday called Lockdown 1.0 - Following The Science? Quite an eye opener. 

On 11/14/2020 at 1:30 AM, DJ360 said:

I've not seen these figures.  Your source please?

Sorry about the ridiculous delay! 

Information provided by the Times Health correspondent ( if I remember rightly)

Also pointed out that, in the highly unlikely event that brexit is any other than a smooth, well-managed transition to orderly borders (!), there could well be a few problems getting such an environment sensitive (-80) vaccine over from Belgium.

Thankyou Lizzie.

I keep popping in to NS throughout the day, but I'm afraid I haven't got any staying power at the moment, This virus has really knocked us about. I don't know if it  our age but there is a lot more to it than we expected.

Our daughter/granddaughter are both fine now, but we are far from it. Chris is now on antibiotics for chest infection. The coughs are horrendous, there is no let up day and night. We have no strength between us, can't even walk from one room to another without getting exhausted.

We are just hoping for some improvement soon, it would have  been  the supposed end of our  isolation on Tuesday, but we have been told that while we still have symptoms we must stay in. That is no problem, because we haven't got the strength to go anywhere 

Look after yourselves Miducks.x

• Like 11

So sorry carni that you are both so incapacitated by this horrible virus.  You must be really fed up with it all...

just keep hydrated and sleep

whenever you want.  Forget about the difference between day and night.  If you can’t sleep during part of the night, get up and watch some rubbish TV or something.   This WILL pass eventually.  Thinking of you both xx

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that Carni but what you cant do, DON'T do. You will recover your strenghth , hope it passes soon. Take care.

Thinking of you both Carni. I'm sure you'll feel better soon. X

Keep going Carni 

Love to you both.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:58 PM, carni said:

Chris is now on antibiotics for chest infection. The coughs are horrendous, there is no let up day and night.

Little update on CV..At 10.30pm last night I had to send for an Ambulance, Chris was struggling to breathe and was getting panicky. The Paramedics were brilliant, they decided to take him in after tests showed oxygen levels low. They suspected a small clot had formed apparently, this can happen with Covid. I wasn't allowed to go with him as I am positive as well. He was brought home at 4.30am, still coughing. No let up still. I am not as ill as Chris but still very much sofa bound!

I hope my posts can be a constant reminder to you all that anyone can get ill, if reading makes you all extra careful, that is my aim.

• Like 6