As the food supply chain was not disrupted to any great degree they should never have had it the first place.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Ah, the dreaded chicken flu. An old friend used to be in charge of Boots' research station at Thurgarton when they were big in vetinery and agri. chemicals. He was an entomologist and invented a compound that would completely rid chicken coups of red mite for years. It was too good to be commercial so it was sold in a much diluted version whereby the customers had to buy it on a yearly basis to control the mite.

Re the vaccine in UK. Apparently Europe is concerned that UK is rushing into  it too quickly and not waiting for confirmation that it is OK. They are saying that tests yet have to be confirmed.

I should imagine every country has its own safety regulations and testing of medications and vaccines.  There are drugs used in the USA (for instance) that are not approved in the UK.   In Spain (and probably other countries) one can go into any pharmacy and buy antibiotics over the counter without a prescription.  Here in the UK one has to have a doctors appointment, sometimes over the phone these days, before a prescription is issued for any prescribed drugs.   I will have the vaccine ....... but there are several million people who will be offered one before it’s my turn.   If it’s going to allow me to go to restaurants and pubs and get on a plane then it’s a no-brainer.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

In Spain (and probably other countries) one can go into any pharmacy and buy antibiotics over the counter without a prescription.  

It's true of most Mediterranean countries. Any pharmacy will sell you most things after asking a few questions... in the middle east they don't even ask questions...

34 minutes ago, Brew said:

It's true of most Mediterranean countries. Any pharmacy will sell you most things after asking a few questions... in the middle east they don't even ask questions...

Our pharmacist will sell over the counter if she knows you but having said that she will give it to you knowing it requires a prescription then send a note to the dr to issue her with the same prescription thus not having to wait at the Drs for an appointment.

On holiday with my mum in Liguria she needed her prescription which she forgot. She was refused. I also  asked to let her have some drops to help her sleep, they were also refused.

Apparently a certificate of vaccination is to  be issued so it will be up to the other party to ask for that proof.

You could possibly fabricate a false one of course.

My son used to make proof of age documents for his sister many years ago. I still have the laminating machine!

• Like 1

The World Health Organisation are looking at the possibility of e-vaccination certificates. You can be sure that there be some certificate of vaccination given. You will need some sort of proof to identify you and qualify you for your second vaccination. It will all become clear over the next few days. I’m sure airlines won’t let you on board without some evidence.

Edit: At present hospitals will be giving patients a card to remind them to come in for the second vaccine. Presumably after the second one there will be a more rigorous method of proof instigated.

I’ve flown light aircraft into continental airports and they didn’t seem to have a system for such arrivals. I’ve gone into the terminals through side doors and climbed over baggage check-ins to get to the main concourse. I’m sure systems are more rigid nowadays. It was trickier to get back to the aircraft though!

When we flew back to the East Midlands from Turkey middle of September while the UK was in lockdown, after sitting in a tube, shoulder to shoulder with 280+ total strangers for four & half hours, I still have our filled in passenger locator forms, never looked at them or took them off us, just waved us through :crazy:      

Obviously I'm all in favour of both the vaccine and some sort of proof of having it.

That said, Mrs Col received a snotty letter from the NHS recently pointing out the error of her ways for NOT having the Flu Jab.

That would be fine except that she HAS had the jab. This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the Medical Records system.

( I'd been urging her to get the jab for years and she resisted for no sensible reason. The penny finally dropped a couple of years back after she was hospitalised with both Flu related pneumonia AND Gall stones at the same time.)

I'd agree that it should be Phil.  That's why there was no sense in people arguing a while back that there was bound to be an apparent 'second wave' because 'there's always more colds in winter'.  As far as I can find out, Covid is spread in exactly the same way as most other viruses, (including Flu) except that few, if any folk have any immunity.

So, if people actually observe the hand washing and social distancing, there should be less transmission of ALL infectious disease.