6 hours ago, philmayfield said:

The government don’t seem keen to relax the Christmas virus moratorium. They’re just passing the onus onto the public to take extra care. I presume this is so that they can put the blame onto the people for the increase in outbreaks in January and say ‘We told you so‘.

I struggle to see who else to blame. There seems to me to be not one but two pandemics, Covid and stupidity - one them has a vaccine

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I had to go shopping today as my son who usually does it is in quarantine for 10 days, did I see stupidity? You bet I did, no masks , masks below the nose , masks under the chin all with no distances . I left without  all my shopping at home loads of hand washing then steamed my clothes, I have lasted this long I cannot wait for the vaccine. I think there is a cure for gross stupidity , a little lead capsule inserted just behind the left ear.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

They just think that having something draped between their ears is sufficient.

Sure as 'ell nothing between their ears !

Idiots on the telly today fretting about the vaccine having a 'chip' in it.  FFS!!! Excuse my intemperate language but these cretins do not deserve the privelege of the internet.  It has given everyone a voice.. but sadly not a brain..or the ability to think critically. There is no excuse for the stupidity of so many.

But..meanwhile Johnson as is his lifetime habit..has taken the line of least resistance and placed all responsibility for EVERYTHING on other people.....in this case.. on the Great British Public. He appeals for them to act responsibly over Christmas.

Now why would anyone expect the people who elected Johnson.. to act responsibly?  :laugh:

• Like 2

The overriding reason people voted to leave was immigration, nothing will be done..

and they will return to swearwords, behind curtain twitching.

Regarding the virus, my local shop, less than one in ten wear masks, shop owner never, Haven't been to an express or supermarket since late February.

I voted leave, was I wrong..maybe...

Seems to be a right and left fringe have no opinion on anything other than to stir up agitation..

Today we will find out what our destiny will be over Christmas. Just a few days into yellow zone ( reasonably safe) all bars and restaurants have disinfected and cleaned everything in sight, restocked everything and started preparing for Christmas , I must add at great expense. Keep in mind that bars and restaurants although being accused of being the culprit of spreading this virus, are the least guilty of this "crime". Everything is sterilized including menus unless they are using throw away ones or giving menus verbally. Tables are well distanced, everyone coming in has their temperature taken and must not take masks off til food is served, no more than 4 at a table and no movement within the restaurant unless bathroom is needed. All precautions that are needed have been taken. Reports on tv reveal that restaurants aren't the first in line to spread infection it's the unresponsible people who think it's clever to congregate outside public places to chat. Bars( cafe's) aren't allowed to have people standing at the bar to order, they are served at the table and they are even served with sugar by waiters/waitresses. So why are these activities having to close when it's obvious on all the news programmes that it's the public who are not being responsible, look at the amount of people who've been "let free" to do their Christmas shopping or just to have a walk round. We are all fed up and frustrated and sick of this virus but governments ( including ours) give us a break and get your priorities right.

20 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Mask wearing has just become a token gesture for many people.

Think your right, noticed today in town & I'm guilty, soon as you get off the bus or leave the shop, it's straight off. 

I did see a photo somewhere of some loon wearing masks locked in their own house :Shock: while sitting on the sofa  watching telly :crazy:

6 hours ago, philmayfield said:

@DJ360 Many voted for Johnson because he was marginally less of a pillock than Corbyn. 

Bugger I'm embarrassed I voted Corbyn, not sure Labour will ever get my vote again? 

On 12/16/2020 at 11:41 AM, nonnaB said:

People are afraid because of odd reactions. 

Not sure everyone's afraid, I'm not afraid, you can jab me all day, but I will not be rushing for any flu or Covid jabs, I've not missed a days work since lockdown or the last 40 years, apart from week my Dad died, it's like telling a smoker that smoking gives you lung cancer? They still smoke?

Anyway there's no rush last week 137,000 had the vaccine jab, @ 20,000 jabs a day, it will take 9 years to vaccinate everyone in the UK :crazy: 

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Not sure everyone's afraid,

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.

I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of liquid trying to drown them with each breath they take, can honestly not be scared. That was me, four weeks ago for nearly two weeks, and watching my husband carted off to hospital to be given oxygen, and having to go, frightened without me.

The people who aren't frightened might just change their minds if they have to endure the very frightening reality of Covid 19.

Five weeks down the line and we are still having dreadful symptoms, still causing panic when we struggle to breath through the coughing fits. I'm sure if the people who keep flouting the rules would carry on if they  saw someone going through this illness.

I dread to think what will happen in January, as so many people are going to carry on over Christmas. as usual.

I do hope you all manage to keep safe.

• Like 15

Thank you RR, will do our best. :)

I will be at the front of the queue when I get the chance for the vaccine. I am worried in case of any adverse reactions, but after this last few weeks, I don't think our lungs would be able to take the illness again. 

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

The afraid was referring to having the vaccine, not covid, hope to see you two fit & well very soon x 

Yes RR the afraid was referring to having the vaccine, but people are afraid too , of covid. Carni and her husband have both had a bad deal and I hope they fully recover. 

My worry is that if at least 70-80% of the population refuse to have the vaccine we may never get ahead of it and it will continue to arrive every year . I understand that people either don't want the vaccine or are afraid of complications , but take the amount of people who have had reactions...it's minimal and they appear to be people with previous reactions ( asthma etc) Maybe the health service don't ask the questions about previous allergies.  I have yet to go for any treatment in hospital when they DON'T ask me,  however many times I see the same person. My hope is that is that everyone will consider it carefully without being pushy. We all have a say in it and what goes into our bodies. I've been healthy most of my life only succumbing to consequences of old age and the common "C" , I did think at first that I wouldn't have the vaccine but now I hope I get it soon . Europe is supposed to start on 27 Dec but they will be the most important personnel. 

8 hours ago, radfordred said:

Anyway there's no rush last week 137,000 had the vaccine jab, @ 20,000 jabs a day, it will take 9 years to vaccinate everyone in the UK :crazy: 

You might like to check your calculations...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, carni said:

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.

carni, Thank you for your heartfelt post, it is one of the few "reports" that I have read that bring home the reality of this terrible virus to those of us that are vulnerable. We will be exercising due caution over Christmas even though we are currently free of Covid here in South Australia but news reports are coming in of it kicking off again in NSW.

Good to hear you are both coming out the otherside and are on the way to recovery, hang in there kiddo.

• Like 1

Carni. Thank you for posting regarding your experiences... It can't be easy and I wish you both a good recovery.

Far too many people are still bobbling about with eyes and ears closed because the whole thing is all too much of an inconvenience for them.

Too many people are ignorant of even the most basic facts. 

Too many people prefer to believe internet idiocy rather than scientific fact.

Personally.. I was terrified at the start.. a lot more relaxed over the Summer and am now very anxious again.  I'm trying to do all the right things.. but a good friend's wife got Covid a week or so back and it brings it very close to home. I just can't wait to get the vaccine because I believe that even if it doesn't totally protect you.. it might... like the Flu vaccine... make any infection a bit less damaging. The vaccine is the only way out for the elderly and the vulnerable.

I wish it was possible to imprison the idiots who propagate conspiracy theories.  'There's a chip in the vaccine'.  I mean.. think about it.. the people saying this all have mobile phones or computers.. which are already tracked...  The Govt. knows your address..your NHS No. Your NI Number etc.  They know where you are.. but for the most part they don't care.  'Vey Ain't Bovvered!!' The real conspiracy is actually there in plain sight... but I'm not allowed to discuss it in this thread...

• Like 1

Thanks for detailing your experience Carni, it must surely bring it home to the disbelievers the dangers of this virus. Glad you are both regaining your strength and I look forward to seeing you both at the next meet up.

PS   your cream cakes are on me.

• Like 1

Nobody is immune, Boris got it in spite of him publishing about washing hands and singing happy birthday, French prime Minister Macron has got it in spite of him whenever he appears on tv wearing a mask, many of our politicians have also caught it , also wearing masks. I can't think for one minute that masks don't protect. These people must have been close to unsuspecting contacts and weren't being careful.

I think I've mentioned before that my daughter when she comes into my house she always wears a mask. She has to wear it at her restaurant even if they do takeaway service because her partner (her ex husband) is married and has 2 children who go to nursery school.

So for security to herself and to us she continues to wear it when we are together. I add also that she is alone in the kitchen as she is the chef but staff have to enter and she doesn't know who they've been in contact with.

RR you think it's strange wearing a mask in the home? We have been advised to wear them at home if there is more than the close family .

I don't think it's strange , just common sense. Even my grand daughter still wears her mask when she comes in from school. I see her but still can't give her a kiss or hug, her brothers have lessons online but still don't see them. If wearing a mask at home meant that I could hug and kiss my grandchildren and my daughter ( as we've always done) I would willingly do it.

• Like 1