• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Don't know which news you've been watching BK. Today we had 14,000 new cases and 500+ deaths ( can't remember exactly) . Our news said you had 40.000 new cases. A bit of difference.  We are now in full lockdown and most are pleased but obviously the hospitality services aren't very happy. Unless this is done we see it's getting out of hand as it seems to be in UK. We have very strict rules about socializing and I believe that you are able more or less what you want to do within reason. Our families can't mix .I would love to know exactly what you've heard.

The figures are alarming both for cases and lives cut short by this virus. Now we have the South African mutation here as well. Don’t understand why when other countries had curtailed flights from there we were still allowing them but it seems par for the course unfortunately.
So the 2 people who have bought it in are being isolated but there will be at least 1 plane of people who have been exposed to it as well. It does appear the new mutations are possibly going to be more severe in the young so perhaps this might focus the necessary minds at last although I won’t be holding my breath. 

Right then, if you’re anxious to get the jab and over 80 get on the phone to QMC.  Yesterday they had some spares left over from vaccinating the staff, my 90 year old friend heard this on the jungle telegraph, (via the back door)  rang straight away and has got an appointment on January 3rd.   My husband would be there like a shot but he’s only in his 70s ..... I’ve told him he’ll have to wait.  Seems like our lives have been on hold, JUST WAITING FOR THINGS TO GET BETTER, since middle of March.  If I was a pessimist I’d be ready to slit my wrists, fortunately I am an optimist and am looking forward to the holiday we’ve booked to the USA in 6 months time.  

When I was listening to the news, they seemed to make an emphasis on Italy, can't remember which region. I think it was the figures that were quoted that drew my attention. Your right about England though, trouble is, looking at some of the protest meetings and lack of masks and distancing, I reckon lots of people don't believe what's going on or think it won't affect them. I reckon over here it's out of control.

Let's hope the Vaccine can be got to all who need it as soon as possiblle. Then let's hope it can be spread to those who might not die from Covid,, but would still spread it...

Then..when we've made everybody safe.. we can worry about holidays.

You're right BK it is out of control in UK. News yesterday interviewed scientists, virologists, nursing staff plus some reporters who live permanently in UK and surprise surprise they all said the same thing. Some said people were walking around minus masks and didn't seem to bother and there was one who returned to Rome and he said he was amazed at the number of people wearing masks. He also said it seemed like another world where one country was free of virus and another full of it. 27 th we come out of lockdown for a couple of days then back into lockdown until after epiphany. That way although no one likes it will probably be reassured that no one will disobey the rules. Well maybe not but it does restrict us. You all stay safe.

What I don't understand is...When being reported by whoever, they say, "We'll go into Tier 3/4/ etc and will be in lockdown from midnight, Boxing day".

Why don't they just tell us the situation is critical or something and that we will all be in lockdown, WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT!! Instead of saying that we can have two days off then back to the treadmill. A virus don't take a day off.

• Like 2

That's what I mean HSR, why not with immediate effect? Why at 1 minute past midnight. It's been said countless times," This is an unprecedented time, we've never experienced anything as bad as this".

I just find it incomprehensible how fast it went global. That's what makes it so frightening.

It's getting to the point when one is simply afraid to go out.

• Like 1

As I said, it can’t be policed and there isn’t the space to lock up all the people who ignore the rules. There’s very little point in making law when it can’t be properly enforced. Staggeringly there are still a lot of people who don’t understand the situation.

The Western world, especially UK..doesn't do immediate effect..

This new South African variant sums it up...still assuming people voluntary self isolate.. complete nonsence.

the obvious abuse of the furlough system, is a prime example!

Heard from a friend in E. Sussex.  She was out yesterday and had her ringer off on her phone. She missed a call telling her hubby to go get his Covid vaccine. So he goes early next week instead.  He turned 80 in October and is ahead of his missus for the shot, but at least it has come round quickly there. 

Hancock..almost word for word yesterday..

'One thing we have learned is that if action is needed..it is needed now.. So.. from the day after tomorrow....'  :aggressive:

Meanwhile.. I made this comment on Facebook:

Great News for Anti-Vaxxers!  Scientists confirm that the Covid Vaccine cannot make you any more stupid than you already are.

Well.. I liked it...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1