• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

7 hours ago, radfordred said:

Nottingham placed into Tier 4 except for Notts County who remain in Tier 5 

RR not when they get promoted at the end of the season and if Forest don't improve the could be playing Notts in Tier 3 in a couple of seasons

A few weeks ago the online Vaccine Queue Calculator had me due for the jab between 21 Jan 2021 and 21 Feb 2021.

We now have the apparent arrival of the much cheaper and more practical Oxford jab and my projected date has moved back to late Feb- April 2021.

What's that all about then?

See the Politics thread.

My date has moved from mid Feb /  March to May / June.

The prediction is still based on 1m per week, which they aren't doing and 70% take up.

I can only assume by the wording that it's now allowing for the up to 12 weeks for second dose and it's been corrected for the numbers actually vaccinated to date, which as of today is 1m

you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 21/05/2021 and 23/06/2021.

I'll be 70 before those dates so it may move earlier

Interesting to note there are no GP's currently doing the vaccine in Notts (spreadsheet), only Hospitals, second spreadsheet.

I know the original start up in Notts was delayed due to lack of Freezers.

And my GP, opposite the City Hospital had not been told one way or the other they were going to be doing the Vaccine

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/publication/local-vaccination-services/

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/publication/hospital-hubs/

Well it might just be the cynic in me... but I can't help thinking there will soon be an announcement that the NHS is 'failing' to deliver and that the glorious Private Sector ( a.k.a Serco..Crapita et.al.)..will unfortunately have to be recruited ..at great cost and without any visible tendering process.. in order to 'Get Covid Dun'.

Round here, the  Pfizer vaccines are being done from Addenbrookes hospital as they have the freezing capacity necessary for storage.  The Oxford AZ vaccine will be administered via GP surgeries.

Still no further update on my local GP website. It's ben saying this since Sept.                                                 

Covid-19 vaccination programme

The Government has asked the NHS to be ready to deliver a Covid-19 vaccination programme so that it is set to mobilise and start offering vaccinations as soon as one becomes available.

While it isn’t yet certain exactly when Covid-19 vaccine will be available, we are working hard and busy preparing to ensure we are ready to offer it when it is.

NHS planning is based on the latest information on the vaccine development including which groups will be the priority to get vaccinated early in the programme. This might mean that smaller numbers of people – who have been prioritised as the most vulnerable – will be vaccinated first, with larger number of people being offered later in the new year. The NHS will follow clinical guidance on the prioritised people eligible for Covid-19 vaccine and therefore plan for vaccine rollout accordingly.

Plans will be finalised when we have certainty on when and what vaccines will be approved for use. Further details and timeframes will be shared shortly.

In the meantime, we are encouraging those eligible to have their flu vaccination as soon as possible in preparation for this winter. As well as protecting yourself against the flu virus, you are also protecting family and friends.

Who will get the vaccine?

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) have recently published updated advice (Gov.uk – Priority groups for coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination: advice from the JCVI, 25 September 2020) on the priority groups to receive Covid-19 vaccine, advising that vaccines should first be given to care home residents and staff, followed by people aged over 80 and health and social workers, before being rolled out to the rest of the population in order of age and risk.

We will keep you updated with information from the NHS going forward.

This is my latest estimate .....

”, you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 27/05/2021 and 27/03/2021.”

don’t know why the 2 dates seem the wrong way round!

17 minutes ago, MargieH said:

between 27/05/2021 and 27/03/2021.”

don’t know why the 2 dates seem the wrong way round!

Just checked ours and get the same prediction Margie, wrong way round.  
Having had to administer insulin twice a day to our dog a few months ago maybe I’d be qualified to help the system and give the Covid jabs.  Anyone fancy being my first patient? 

• Like 1

I know you meant it as a joke, Lizzie, but you’d certainly be able to do it!  I’d let you do mine as I used to let junior nurses practise on me, using sterile water.....

CT I used omni calculator

I have to self inject weekly. I used to get pre filled syringes and got that off to a fine art. No pain or very little. A while ago they changed over to those spring loaded ‘pens’. It like a bee sting every time. 

I thought it was that one. Since I last checked myself on it about a week ago, I've moved by about 2 months !

Out of curiosity I looked up information about the creator of that calculator, Steven Wooding. He obviously has ability and competence and I don't doubt his sincerity, but I'll bear in mind he's only one of many experts with their ideas.

http://www.csap.cam.ac.uk/network/steven-wooding/

7 hours ago, MargieH said:

I know you meant it as a joke, Lizzie, but you’d certainly be able to do it!  

Yes Margie, I'm sure I could do it too ....... years ago I had to inject our ram (Rambo) with something or other to get him back on his feet and was over the moon when he got up and started chasing the ladies around again.  I've had to give myself anti-clotting injections every day for a month each time after two operations.  I'm dead brave!

• Like 1

Self injecting is pretty scary, I've had to do,it twice after operations, but this last time I got my daughter to do it. She was pretty good at it saying she was also scared of doing it. My SIL is great at it. She massages and rubs the area to "pinpoint" and takes you by surprise. The injection doesn't hurt , it's the medicine that burns when it finally hits the flesh. ( when it was done for back problems)

I had to self inject for a short time after my hip replacement. I had to stick a needle in my stomach. No problem at all. The biggest problem was the disposal of the sharps. The surgery couldn't accept them and referred me to the local authority. I wasn't prepared to be given the runaround so I set fire to them and put the debris in the bin.

I had the same problem in disposing of them, I also did the same, burn and dustbin. I asked the wife to help me as right  arm was in a sling , not a chance she left the room when I did it, it caused a few problems trying to do it left handed.

I could imagine the consternation if I turned up to the waste disposal site with a box of used syringes. I was surprised that my surgery wouldn’t accept them as they must have to dispose of their own on a regular basis. Going online I was directed to a surgery for their disposal.

I’ve just checked and discovered healthcare waste is not accepted at disposal sites but should be taken to a surgery. We’re going round in circles here. I still have a couple of boxes of outdated marine distress flares to dispose of. You can imagine the consternation it would cause if I took them to a police or fire station. I think I’ll leave them in a bucket of water fro a few weeks and then chuck them on my bonfire.

I had that issue with my yellow ‘sharps bin’ as the surgery wouldn’t accept it.  The used needles have to go back to their origin, ie QMC in my case.  A bit of a fag going over there but I did as I was instructed.

On NYE I remembered we’d got an old box of Standard fireworks tucked away, seeing as our dog was terrified of the noise we’d never used them.  I got the box out, the fireworks are a bit pathetic by today’s standards but we couldn’t be bothered to go outside to light them.  So what do I do with them?  Suppose one idea would be to put them in the general waste bin then wait for the front page of the Nottingham Post announcing an explosion occurring at Eastcroft.  Ok, a bucket of water ....... 

• Like 2