• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

So yet again we have a group of protesters on the loose in Nottingham defying all the covid restrictions. It is high time these idiots were dealt with once and for all. They are a threat to the rest of us and themselves. Imagine the uproar if they were refused treatment for any complaint that befell them on the grounds it was self inflicted. They should be rounded up and dragged off to a covid ward and made to look at the unfortunate patients who are fighting for breath and life itself. The rest of us owe it to those who have lost their lives to this horrible illness to stamp the behaviour of these halfwits out.

• Like 8

Where is the bottleneck with this vaccination programme?  Is it really a logistical nightmare?  At least every few years 'the powers that be' manage to organise a General Election where all over 18 can attend a local place on the same day and spend a few minutes in the process.  They find the buildings and the administrators.  All that we need to add is a supply of vaccine and the medics to inject us.  It surely doesn't need to be a sterile environment (we all had jabs at school?).  Sourcing domestic freezers (-18C) is not insurmountable.  Even the Pfizer vaccine is good for five days at -18C.  There must be enough doctors, nurses, phlebotomists, etc. who could do the necessary.  Sure they have day jobs but if we went for a few Sundays we could pay them overtime.  We could use GoodSam volunteers to drive medics to the vulnerable.  What am I missing? Is it just the vaccine supply chain?

• Like 5
2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I see a hundred or so idiots are demonstrating today in town against the lockdown. 

The upside of that is that they represent about 0.03% of the population of Nottingham; the majority of people seem to be fairly sensible - most of the time.

I see Keir Starmer is calling for a national lockdown immediately as the virus is out of control. Hooray about time somebody finally realised. 
Ordered some Taffix spray today, don’t know if it will be any good but sounds like it might help as well as wearing a mask. 

• Like 1

Going back to needle disposal. I used to take the needle out, throw the plastic away and put the needles in an empty jam jar. Think I threw them in with the glass bin. We are not supplied with containers for needles for home use so it's a case of disposing of them securely away from children.

At one time i had to self inject, well Mrs C injected me cos I could not do it & could not see what I was doing.

My old needles were put in a sharps container prescribed by the doctor & handed i at the local health centre when full.

Thankfully nowadays is a thing of the past.

Education at all levels is in chaos. It is obviously and profoundly unsafe to have kids back in school and Students back at Uni while the new variant of Covid is surging through the population. Add the fact that such education as can be managed in these circumstances falls far short of what all learners need and deserve.

So.. my conclusion is that we need to do one thing at a time...and the one thing we need to do now is to bring all hands to the pump in a HUGE effort to get everyone in the country vaccinated and to employ sanctions in the workplace, or on public transport, etc., etc., for those who refuse without good reason. While this is happening we stay in lockdown and we suspend all education and any other fundamentally unsafe and non essential activity. Remember.. previous Govts have been very happy to use extended school leaving ages to mask unemployment. Covid is a FAR more important issue than that.

When we have the virus under control.. then..we re-start education etc..properly. If necessary..we repeat years at the top end and we delay entry at the bottom end.. The key would be to exlain clearly to all pupils.students that their education will be delayed, but as good as..if not better.. than otherwise.
Education can wait. Exams, unemployment etc.. etc.. can all be fixed. Dead people cannot.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

They were talking on the news this morning about letting the virus take its course with the over 65s,,unbelievable,,, 

Mind you during my recent Hospital stay one Dr asked me about Resuscitation,, told him to F off, in no uncertain terms,, :

• Like 2

Dont blame you Ben I think I would have done the same.As for the over 65's, I cant believe they would even think of such a thing. On the other hand we're talking about governments. We're never surprised at what they come up with.

My grandchildren are supposed to restart school on 7TH but as yet we don't know what is happening We are still in lockdown (although just for today we are in orange zone) until 7th and they still aren't telling us what we can and cant do.Restaurants and bars are hoping to reopen as they have suffered the greatest loss and the govt realise that its not the restaurants that are causing the rise in cases as they've been closed. I wish those idiots that think they know it all would come to their senses and realise that it is Covid and irresponsible people that causes the increase not the common cold.

Enough stay safe everyone.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

They were talking on the news this morning about letting the virus take its course with the over 65s,,unbelievable

It looks like they are starting to do that anyway. Bet it would be different if children were the ones going to hospital and on ventilators, they would be trying to eradicate it not letting it rip.

• Like 2

Don't know when we will be vaccinated. We're short of nursing staff and needles. We are now waiting for news what's going to happen in the next few days/ weeks. Just heard something about zone white which means we do as we like just for 2 days.:flyswat: don't know where the source came from but think it's a stupid idea.

3 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Why not just scrap this years Summer holiday? Shut schools and Uni's now for a couple of months or so then start the Spring term early and just  have a weeks break for Summer. 

Or put up the leaving age for schools, what's  a year at least the students will get real exam results.  After all they have done it for pension age.

I think this virus has been sent to pop off one or two of the mature amongst us, eg that is  anybody over 50 who is costing the country too much money. So is this the result of the baby boom in late 50s/60s there are just too many of us.

I’m over 50. I’m not costing the country anything. I invested in pensions, I paid for my hip operation and the bastards are still charging me income tax. I’m helping to support the country as a result of the hard graft during my working life. 

• Like 4

I can say exactly the same thing...except for the hip operation. I saved the money for the hip operation by not needing one.

Nicola Sturgeon is putting Scotland back into lockdown. Seems

like it takes a woman to show some sense;)

1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

Or put up the leaving age for schools, what's  a year at least the students will get real exam results.  After all they have done it for pension age.

I agree with Mary, put the school leaving age up......to 27. :rolleyes: