That's enough of your corn.

You'll soon be scratching around for more quips.

Hope PP., doesn't get any ideas.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I have an appointment for more laser treatment on the left eye at New Cross hospital (W'ton) this afternoon. Felt like cancelling it due to the current scare but appointments and treatment is so hard to get that I will go.  Mrs PP will have to drive and we will be super careful.

• Like 2

PP Hope the treatment goes well today.  As you say, try and keep yourselves extra safe xx

• Like 1

Gotta admit, I have cancelled two appointments by phone this morning.

1, This Friday, for Diabetic retinopathy, (would have to go by bus and not happy about that).

2, Next Friday at Uckfield hospital for Diabetic check up (m.o.t.), changed that one to telephone appointment.

After last nights bulletin from Uncle Boris, doing as I'm told and staying at home. They were very understanding when I rang, explaining that like others, I'm running scared, with this sudden increase in the South East. They just keep adding another tier on each time the graph spikes.

How long before there's two people with a wheelbarrow and bell, going round shouting "Bring Out Your Dead".

Hardly any patients at the Eye Hospital. Obviously most have been scared off. Good for us though with only 4 people in a large waiting room and we were only in the hospital for 45 minutes. The longest wait was to let the drops work before treatment.

More treatment required in 2 months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The last 2 and half years not been out of Notts........except Derby royal hospital..............just realised thats a first since being a teenager...........Really missed the travel round Britain at first...but now for some reason i don't miss it at all........and just thought if i were to drive to Scotland tomorrow.......be nowhere to stop for food or even Coffee............Country Nacked            

Two women fined £200 each for driving 5 miles to Foremark Reservoir for a walk. They were in separate cars and parked well away from each other. They took their own coffee and the Derbyshire police said that it was a picnic! The ladies were frightened by the experience and having their rights read like criminals before the fine was made.

I understand people wanting to walk by water - it is very calming. I know Foremark quite well - plenty of open space. It seems totally out of proportion when compared with walking on a canal towpath, which is legal and where it can get quite busy with walkers, dogs and cyclists passing closely. I won't be fishing on the canal. 

'Er indoors has had her invite for a Covid jab, over at Uckfield. Me, no chance, I've gotta wait cos' I don't count.  :(

2 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Two women fined £200 each for driving 5 miles to Foremark Reservoir for a walk. They were in separate cars and parked well away from each other. They took their own coffee and the Derbyshire police said that it was a picnic! The ladies were frightened by the experience and having their rights read like criminals before the fine was made.

I understand people wanting to walk by water - it is very calming. I know Foremark quite well - plenty of open space. It seems totally out of proportion when compared with walking on a canal towpath, which is legal and where it can get quite busy with walkers, dogs and cyclists passing closely. I won't be fishing on the canal. 

I don’t think the issue was where they were walking in ‘that particular place) but how far they had travelled to get there. It should be in your town or village and if there is no suitable open space on your doorstep  the nearest to you that there is.

So here’s the reality of home schooling for some. My son has 3 children, 2 boys 14 and 8 with wife number 1 and a very demanding 2 year old girl with wife number 2. It’s very amicable and they share childcare equally.

Wife 1 works from home full time so she cannot supervise home schooling particularly with the 8 year old who has to have an adult present for his zoom calls. The 14 year old gets on with his work very well so not an issue. So wife number 2 works full time from home. Son was self employed in what was a very successful business he’d work very hard at for 4 years but the nature of his work due to COVID has stopped it completely so he has all the children all week. How can he supervise the 8 year olds home schooling with the 2 year old girl demanding attention. We are in the support bubble for the boys and help out a lot and I mean a lot but it really is an impossible situation as far as home schooling goes. It really is a daily nightmare. We aren’t as far as I know supposed to have my granddaughter as it’s more than 1 household. 

Letsavagoo, it sounds quite a difficult situation for the home schooling.  Your son will certainly have a hard time amusing the 2 year old as well as supervising the 8 year old.   
We are fortunate because  the 2  grandchildren we help with (9 and 11) just get on with their lessons and don’t need much help from us.  I just ‘commute’ between their bedrooms, listening in to their lessons and only chipping in occasionally with a few suggestions when absolutely necessary.  They manage all the ‘Teams’ meetings and downloading work sent from school themselves.  Their  dad is still working and their mum works mainly from home, but with a few visits (she is an Occupational Therapist)

Next week I’m planning to get them out for a walk in the fresh air at lunch time as they’ve been in the house all this week!  

Last week a friend of ours died of covid. It brings it home to you when it hits. We had some 40 odd cases in the village and now thankfully is down to 6 , 3 in one family and 3 odd cases. Hope it stays like that. The situation in U.K. is frightening and doesn't  seem to be getting less. Comments from friends there say that nobody seems to respect the rules and they do what they like and go where they want to. Please take care and be safe. My SIL has had her vaccine today , she is a voluntary green cross in the local ambulance service. Haven't heard when we will have ours.

On 1/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, Beekay said:

'Er indoors has had her invite for a Covid jab, over at Uckfield. Me, no chance, I've gotta wait cos' I don't count.  :(

May I be so ungallant as to ask Mrs Beekay's age..or at least the group she is in?

My local surgery is still showing the same notice they put up in September.  It just says they are ready willing and able to go when they can. But it says nothing about the approval of three vaccines, whether they have received any yet..whether they have started yet or where they are up to if they have.  It's a bit disappointing really.

I did a bit of digging yesterday and found that they have a little under 5000 registered patients. It seems that 71% of those are in full time work or education...so I suppose it is reasonable to assume that the 71% are all 65 or under.  There will be a number of little 'uns below school age.  From my researches that is about 4% nationally.  So that leaves 25% of the register over 65. Nationally, the 65-69 age group is about 3.4% ..leaving about 21.5%.  The 70 -75 group..which includes me.. is also about 4%.. so that leaves about 17.5% ahead of my group..which is around 875 people. Only rough working of course.. :blink:

All mid eighties age wise...

Mum's next door neighbours already had theirs...

Mum..Left as a dog with a bone!

Hates to see others getting  what she's also entitled..

Got on the dog..90 people in the queue..

Guessing totally unrelated..Text day after, Getting jabs in 9 days time..!:victory:

DJ..I do hope that Archie's Godfather isn't hacking into your local resources..

:crazy:

Almost a year on it’s obvious lockdowns, track & trace & masks do not work & with no long term evidence this vaccine even works or the effects on the body, protect the vulnerable & allow a controlled spread in healthy people or we will be in this position this time next year & the year after. 

Maybe a wake up call for future generations to control their own health & well being. 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, MargieH said:

Letsavagoo, it sounds quite a difficult situation for the home schooling.  Your son will certainly have a hard time amusing the 2 year old as well as supervising the 8 year old.   
We are fortunate because  the 2  grandchildren we help with (9 and 11) just get on with their lessons and don’t need much help from us.  I just ‘commute’ between their bedrooms, listening in to their lessons.  

It is a stipulation that an adult is present during the zoom call. 

DJ360, in answer to your question, my wife is 77. She is Asthmatic and suffers from something called Neutrophelia , which makes her immune system virtually non existent. She's had government letters advising her that she is classed as extremely  high vulnerability. Hope this answers your question. Regards, Beekay.

DJ360
There was a Pharmacist on the news earlier in the week complaining he'd offered to do the jabs but had been told that unless he could process 1000 patients per week he wouldn't be considered, for the time being.
Presumably the 975 (ish) jabs per batch within 5 days of opening it is the restriction.
Given that there is a mandatory 15 minute waiting time after the jab anywhere doing them needs quite bit of safe waiting area.

I suspect my practice, opposite the City Hospital, would have a high proportion of people who don't qualify, although they do have plenty of room.

Well, took 'er indoors for her Covid jab. Must admit, it were like organised Piccadilly circus. I thought "she's a long while". Turns out she'd had the jab and was sitting the mandatory 15 minutes, while I  were stood out-bloody side in -0.4% cold. Bloody Covid !!