• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Beekay said:while I  were stood out-bloody side in -0.4% cold. Bloody Covid !!

Weren’t you able to it in you car?

I've just done a silly thing. For my amusement during lockdown I've ordered an electronic keyboard. I was looking at baby grands but it would be difficult getting one into the car when I start to play at gigs. I can't play the piano yet but I reckon a couple of weeks practice should be OK. I always buy myself a birthday present!

• Upvote 1

When you make it to the Royal Concert Hall, you're going to need Beekay.  He used to be a conductor!  Young Trogg has a lot of experience of playing second fiddle (according to young Trogg) and it won't be hard to find someone who likes blowing their own trumpet.

You're all set.  Please welcome Mr Mayfield who will give us his rendition of Grieg's Piano Concerto. All the right notes...but not necessarily in the right order. ;)

• Like 2

Is this the right time to wish you a Happy Birthday Phil? 
I must admit I’ve thought about getting a piano (or keyboard because we haven’t got room for a proper piano)  We had a lovely upright piano years ago when our boys had a short-lived fancy for learning to play, but we gave it away to Wild Willy Barrett when we moved house.  Our son has recently bought his 7 year old a keyboard and so far so good, she’s doing ok on it and long may it continue, it’s such a fantastic talent to have ....... where’s Pianoman btw? 

17 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

When do you go for your shot Nonna? It will be about April here for us. So stay safe be careful.

Ian I dont know yet , I dont even know if the dr does it or we have to go to the hospital in Asti which means a journey of about 20 mins, not far and I dont suppose the carpark will be as full as it usually is.

Phil can you remember Angelo who used to sing to his keyboard recording at L'Angolo?. It was such a palarva to set it up. He was really particular on it all being perfect and the sounds of " se, se, one hundred and eighty, Se, se, se. to get the sound right. Customers usually liked to hear him sing but sometimes got so fed up with waiting for the perfect sound that they got fed up and went home. After we left Radcliffe and came here we holidayed in Nottingham and went to visit him at Mapperly where he had opened a restaurant with Giorgio Trudinos daughter. He hadn't changed much in his habits but had started wearing a different hat for each song.!!

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I had you lined up as a bassist BK.

That'll do for me Guv'. Thanks for considering me. When do I come for the audition?