• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Beekay said:

DJ360, in answer to your question, my wife is 77. She is Asthmatic and suffers from something called Neutrophelia , which makes her immune system virtually non existent. She's had government letters advising her that she is classed as extremely  high vulnerability. Hope this answers your question. Regards, Beekay.

Hi Beekay, I hope you didn't think I was querying your wife's right to the jab as that certainly wasn't my intention.  I'm just trying to get a 'handle' on what's happening..as info is almost non existent round here.

I've done a bit of a 'straw poll' on other sites and found out that some people in their 80s have been jabbed..as have some extra vulnerable folk and health workers etc.  On the other hand, one chap lives in Kuala Lumpur and his parents live in West Wales.  both in their 80s and no word yet. Chap in KL is having to wait until a factory is built to produce a Russian Vaccine!  Another's Dad is 97 and still no sign..

My 87 year old Mums heard nothing regarding the jab (but she is registered @ the Bilborough medical centre on Bracebridge, not good) tried some info off my mates wife & was told most days they are running up & down the corridors looking for anyone to vaccinate? She’s given me a Monday to Friday 9 to 5 number (if you can get here in the next type jobs) which my sister will be attempting today.

(if anyone would like this Nottingham number PM me) 

My sister in law aged 84 lives at Coleshill B/ham, she has now had both vaccinations. My other sister in law and her husband both 82 and 83 ish live in Coven, they are registered at the Docs in Brewood Staffordshire and there has been no vaccines delivered yet? 

Chris (hubbs) is 76this year heart attack survivor also diabetic. Plus recovery from Covid19. Waiting patiently (worried) but waiting in hope.

Myself, 73 this year, Stroke, two TIAs, AF. Two Heart catheter ablations, Underactive Thyroid on Warfarin, Thyroxine plus other meds for life. Just trying to get over Covid19 as well. No complaints at all, The med profession doing the best they can. I consider myself lucky to be alive, No idea where I come on the vaccine list, but I will be there like a shot when I get notified.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I have an aunt who is almost 91 and lives in Southwell.  She has recently been admitted to hospital following a fall and, whilst there, was tested for Covid. The test was positive. I assume she has picked it up from her carers.  She is now back home and says she feels as though she has a cold but is otherwise continuing as normal. She has heard nothing about any vaccine.

Two friends in their 80s who live in Long Eaton have had the first round and two other 80 year olds I know who live in Derbyshire had the first one yesterday.

It seems very patchy.

I got a bit distracted whilst writing my post about the vaccines. I wanted to point out the same Jill, how patchy the distribution of the vaccines are, regardless of age or health.

Sorry if I put too much emphasis on our individual ailments, it seemed appropriate at the time but reading my post now, it could have been better. So long as you all get the message.:wacko:

There is a centre opening in Newark this week although the location has not been disclosed. I don't know how they propose to get the over 80's there though. An over 80's neighbour has had a jab at the QMC but his much younger wife, an ex nurse, has enrolled there to give vaccinations.

• Like 1

Round here in the Ely area, I know of 2 people over 80 who have had both jabs - there are probably lots more 

• Like 1

My daughter in law and 2 other people I know (all aged 20 - 49) have received their first jab as they are all healthcare workers in the community.

• Like 1

Chris Wittey on R4 this am says avoid people like the plague even outdoors. There are lots of temporary mortuaries opening now as the hospital ones are full. Have a nice day!

It's pretty obvious that people meeting up indoors over Christmas and New Year is now having a serious effect. 

10 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Nonna, the only Italian restaurant I know up Mapperley years ago was San Remo, opposite Breckhill Road.  Is that the place you’re referring to? 

No Lizzie it was on the opposite side.i can't remember the area very well but it was near some shops and the restaurant was upstairs. I seem to remember that coming onto Mapperly top it wasn't far along the road.

My wife's sister had her first jab on December 20th.she is 65. But,

she does work at QMC, Nottingham,  some sort of blood scientist, (analysing blood samples). So her job is imperative. 

NB. We've got a neighbour who is 93, but no jab yet.

Heard last night on news that Drs were giving the vaccine to patients. I get the impression that it depends where you live. When the vaccines arrived in Italy they were sent out to various destinations including Lombardy and Calabria. Lombardy were complaining because Calabria had a total of more vaccines. Why? Because Calabria was the most infected although Lombardy followed pretty closely.

We live in a village and I've always said they will treat the larger cities first and the greater infected areas. It's important to treat the nurse and care assistants first and it's correct that they do so. The impression I get is that they are doing what they can and as quickly as they can but the whole population can't be vaccinated at the same time. It also seems to me that it's a bit unorganized, but that's maybe because it's being done in a manner that treats the needy first.

Heaven is where...
The police are British 
The cooks are Italian 
The lovers are French 
The mechanics are German 
And it's all organized by the Swiss

Hell is where...

The cooks are British 
The mechanics are French 
The lovers are Swiss 
The police are German 
And it's all organized by the Italians

Ahh but Phil things do get done....eventually. At least we're top in fashion and food and wine.:rotfl:and we don't hang around for them. If you're not well dressed to eat and go to a restaurant ....you don't go.slywink

• Like 1

@nonnaBWhen we used to visit a factory near Florence the chap who looked after us, Simone Bargellini, was the son of the Mayor of Florence. He knew absolutely everyone in the town especially the restraunteurs  who usually turned out to be his cousins! It was always a pleasure to spend an evening with him.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, carni said:

Sorry if I put too much emphasis on our individual ailments, it seemed appropriate at the time but reading my post now, it could have been better. So long as you all get the message.

No apology needed Chris.  You both need the jab asap.

If our wonderful Govt. had a grip of this..we wouldn't need to be having this conversation.

• Like 1

Mrs Reds parents had the jab in Nottingham today both late 70s 

Had a second look, thought this was the important coronavirus thread, I'm reading about some Italian piano player in some greasy spoon up Mapperley Top & one of our members backing him playing with his banjo string :crazy:

• Like 1

@radfordredThreads mutate sometimes just like the coronavirus :rolleyes:.... but, unlike the virus, they can be brought back to their original state .

I hate this virus - it’s messing up the whole world and I want the spread of it to get less and less until we can all get back to some sort of normal

• Like 4