I was given a date for my second jab but it was cancelled. The 91% cover given by Pfizer compared to 72% for the AZ plus the Pfizer costs and difficulty with distribution makes me wonder if a second Pfizer jab will ever happen. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Carni I hope your husband s results are good and that you can start to relax after your terrible experience.

23 hours ago, trogg said:

Carni I didnt realise that you and Chris were still suffering as much,

Thankyou Trogg, The worse time was from 10th Nov-about 20th Dec. Things got more bearable over Christmas even though we didn't do Christmas this year. The damage to our chests has and still is worrying, but we are getting there slowly. Being retired and not having children to look after means that we have been able to just take each day as slowly as we feel. No pressure on us. Just waiting for xray results for Chris. Fingers crossed.:)

Always the left arm jabbed and all the recipients look away, just like I do (especially when I’m having blood taken!) 

In about 1973 I was going to the Netherlands for only 18 hours ..... very early morning flight from Castle Donington to Amsterdam, lightning tour around on a coach visiting all the hot spots and back to England just before midnight, before landing my friend and I were trying to hide duty-free booze inside wooden clogs we’d bought (not sure why we’d bought them, the clogs) because when we got back on the plane there was a duty-free allowance on every seat.
Anyway, due to an outbreak of smallpox in Europe we had to get smallpox jabs before we could fly.  There were about a dozen people queuing in the GPs surgery for the jab when I went and two of them fell into a crumpled heap before they got the vaccination.  The over 80s filmed having their jabs all seem to be very brave, I wonder how many are being wimps.  

There is nothing for most to fear from most jabs. Flu jabs have never given me more than a slightly sore arm.. much like you'd get if somebody punched you hard in the upper arm.

Some can be a bit more vicious.  I recall a female colleague getting one of the 'foreign travel' jabs.. Maybe Yellow Fever or some such.  She had it done at lunch time. came back into the office and promptly went green.  I've never seen anyone look so ill and still be alive.  But she lived. :biggrin:

I had a 'flu jab last Thursday. Hardly felt a thing but my upper arm has swollen and it's quite warm to the touch, never been like that before. Going down slightly now but still can feel a differencce in temperature.

Hope your OK Brew,

Should hate to see you with one arm, if you have it happern again bag of frozen peas doe's the trick.  I have a friend who, when  having any jab, when the nurse come's over he's  usally on the floor out cold.

Took my 87 year old Mam for her jab on Friday in the old central studios (still got all the lighting up) being the first proper day of vaccinating, lots of staff & I think volunteers? Wiping anything that's touched, sometimes while your still touching it, a cleaning level I have not witnessed before, to say we are still almost side by side & on top of each other @ work throughout the pandemic? It was not that busy, far more staff than customers, possibly 4 to 1, looking online their is loads of appointment places available Nottingham Covid Vaccination Patient Booking

She was asked the same list of questions twice, jabbed, 15 minutes rest & back home, said she'd had the best nights sleep for a longtime.     

• Like 1

Our grandson next door has tested positive. Had his jab same day as me 18 days ago. He is an ambulance driver and has been shunting Covid patients about. In spite of protests by him and the union, the only ppe they were issued with is a face mask! No bleddy wonder he  has tested positive! Fortunately he is not showing any symptoms so far and hopefully the jab may have made a difference. Another NHS worker out of action and holed up with his wife and two kids.

PP my eldest son also tested positive a few months ago  and he never had any symptoms , his wife made him spend the whole isolation period in his bedroom. She left his food etc outside his bedroom door, she controlled his diet and he only had healthy food, despite his bribes and threats his children never supplied any big macs etc, he said it was the worst period of his life without his favourite foods, but his body felt better than it had done for years.

One of our 19 year old grandsons has been in quarantine for 12 days after his girlfriend tested positive (she had no symptoms). Apparently they had been 15 minutes in his car not wearing masks the day before she had the test.  Anyway he went for a test the next day but they’ve lost it.  He phoned up a couple of times without success.

He is a twin and his brother had a test about 4 weeks ago.  I’m wondering if the computer registered the same surname, same address and same date of birth and thought it was the same person.  He didn’t have to give his NHS number 

Anyway, he’s been isolating in his bedroom for 12 days so I suppose he’s done his time whatever the result was ...

Telephone call from Hospital this morning , covid test on husband is negative so he ready to go in for his op tomorrow

• Like 10

Just had notification that Paul and I can now have our first vaccination.  We have made an appointment for this Saturday..  I feel quite excited ....

• Like 4

PP Sorry to hear about your grandson. Hope he recovers soon. I know it's worrying when the younger ones catch this virus, I was petrified when my grandson was positive and he had no symptoms. Keep us updated.

Congratulations U.K. You are apparently a record breaker in delivering the vaccine.  Keep it up .

Our cases are going down , thank goodness today 8.824 an d 337 deaths.

In Piemonte , 19 deaths and 400 plus new cases.