@PeverilPeril I was just saying to Paul that I reckon lots of people won’t get their second jab.  I think the government just wants to vaccinate as many people as possible (it looks good when they can say large numbers have been vaccinated ......even if it’s only one jab!). I hope I’m wrong but ......

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Difficult choice, lot's of people with partial immunity or fewer people with complete (95%) immunity... Will the partially protected slow down the spread or will they prolong it? I'm glad it's not me that has to make the decision.

I it doesn't matter what they do some will moan.

Mrs PP gets the jab on Thursday. The way I see it is that by cancelling my 2nd jab due on Wed, Mrs PP gets hers a few weeks earlier that first planned cool2

That has got to be the right decision.

By the time our second jab is possible the virus will have probably mutated again, again and require a different vaccine? 

You are right Brew in that it is a difficult choice for the government to have to make.  Perhaps they made a mistake saying at the beginning that it was better to have 2 doses?  A friend of ours has had her 2 jabs but others have had their second appointment cancelled.(or postponed?)

All I know is that I’m not going to be changing my social behaviour just yet!

Maybe they said two doses before they realised the full enormity of giving 130 million injections.

Hopefully PP both of you will get the full set before too long. Like you given  choice of a second shot or herself (she's only 64), having her first, I'd go along with that.

I wonder if larger populations, towns and cities v villages make a difference and how do they choose? Doctors waiting list? SS number? electoral roll? it must be a nightmare trying to ensure everyone is notified of their turn...

I heard on the news last night that along with U.K. having record vaccinations that they were giving 1st vaccinations to as many as they could and it was delaying 2 nd vaccination. Which to me sounds about right to start vaccinating everyone. But didn't they say that the second On had to be given within 3 weeks? Difficult decision to sort it all out. Here they are just starting after medical staff and rest homes that the over 80's are to have their first vaccination.

We got our notification via a text from our GP surgery.   I rang the surgery and made our appointments there and then.  This was late yesterday afternoon. Once we’d had our identities checked, we were given a choice of 2 locations, each one about 8 miles away.   

• Like 1

Me Mams had an influence on her 83 year old neighbour who was adamant she was not having the jab, she didn't want to put anyone out, my Mums volunteered me, she booked in for tomorrow afternoon, think I might need to get a bigger car, or at least a 4 door? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

RR  One of our lads is now a delivery driver for a supermarket and does some very early shifts like that.  He likes that though, as he says it's nice having afternoons and evenings free.... especially in the summer.

Heard today that a friend of mine has been in hospital since Friday with Covid, was put on oxygen but today put in an induced coma.  He’s a well known character in Nottingham, many of you will know him. We’re hoping for the best for him.  He’s my age .....

Indeed. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile... in our street.. a couple who are both 70, my neighbour who is a little older than me and another neighbour of 72 all got their jab appointments sorted out today.  As yet.. I've heard nothing at days short of 72..and another neighbour who is 75.. has heard nothing.

Hmmm..

On the upside.. a local Cab firm is offering free Taxi rides to and from the Vaccination Centre.

10 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Heard today that a friend of mine has been in hospital since Friday with Covid, was put on oxygen but today put in an induced coma.  He’s a well known character in Nottingham, many of you will know him. We’re hoping for the best for him.  He’s my age .....

I do hope all goes for him the technology has improved considerably as has our knowledge of what measures to take. Fingers crossed and incantations chanted.

My Niece, who is 43, has just come out of hospital having been in for over 2 weeks as a result of catching Covid.

She was previously of good health, no underlying health conditions.

She must have caught it just before New Year as she tested positive on the 2nd Jan with only a persistant cough.

A few days later having lost her sense of taste and smell and thought she was over it she was admitted with double pneumonia and went on Oxygen full time for a few days.

They weaned her off it over a few days, she managed to walk 20mtrs down the ward without needing oxygen, just and was then released, I assume due to her rate of improvement.

Her Husband, same age, tested positive at the same time with no symptoms before during or after.

My Nephew who is a couple of years older and lives in the same house with them tested negative.

He's had  arthritis for years and has been on medication for it and is not exactly slim.

Niece has 2 daughters 7 and 8, they haven't been tested.

My Neice was very sceptical of Covid and all the fuss, but has now changed her mind.

12 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Heard today that a friend of mine has been in hospital since Friday with Covid, was put on oxygen but today put in an induced coma.  He’s a well known character in Nottingham, many of you will know him. 

Is he a Nottstalgia person ?

Just read on Nottinghamshire that the Kingsmill Hospital will be trailing 24 hour vaccinations for 3 days or so.
Also some may be asked to go to Birmingham or Boston for their jabs. Not sure how that would work is transport being provided I wonder? Article has just been updated and you can still wait for your “local letter” if you get one of these letters. That’s a relief!!

I know that in my area Marshall’s coaches are running a free half hour shuttle service from Newark ‘bus station to the show ground vaccination centre, which isn’t easily accessible by public transport but you’ve got to get to the ‘bus station first. There must be lots of over 80’s who no longer drive. Do they have to rely on the goodwill of friends and neighbours? I though you weren’t supposed to have people out of your bubble in your car. 

My aunt and uncle, aged 91 and 93 were taken to QMC by their son for their vaccinations last week, he’s in their bubble anyway.  She was saying that it was a long way from the entrance door to the vaccination centre but there were porters with wheelchairs helping them.   Spoke to my aunt today and she said she was fine following the jab and just felt a bit ‘out of sorts’ a couple of days later but only for a few hours.  

• Upvote 1

Yesterday, Tuesday.. all of my neighbours started reporting that they had been sent texts asking them to book Vaccinations. (We have a neighbourhood WhatsApp Group).

First was nextdoor. He's a few months older than me and has a 'stent'.. but has never had a heart attack (I have) and doesn't have Heart Failure. (I do).and hasn't had a stroke.. (I've had two..) but he's with a different surgery.

Next up, a 70 year old couple got theirs sorted.  He has a lot of issues.. she has none that I know of. Then a 73 year old with Diabetes and Asthma.. fair enough.. though how she hasn't already had Covid I don't know as she is never at home..

Finally, our oldest resident who is around 76/7 got his sorted today.

So. Feeling a bit left out I looked at my own practice's website.  Nothing has changed since 15th. So then I went to my Practice's Facebook Page..which AFAIK does not 'officially' represent the Practice.  The latest post there stated that on Tuesday they sent out Text Messages to patients over 70.

Well they didn't send one to me!!

I could not ask whether they meant 'some 70 year olds', because an admin had blocked comments/replies.

So.. I put out a query on a local community website.  It was very revealing.. and what it revealed was borderline chaos. There are 80+ year olds still waiting, and people just 70 already sorted.. and all shades between.and this across a number of Practices.

I was advised to call the practice.. as someone did that on Monday and got booked in.  The Practice says not to call them.  Someone else advised me I could book online..

Chaos.

I'm content to wait for my turn.  I am not content to miss it.