• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I've liked the last few posts but can't show them, combination of iPad and new look site.

Glad Siddha you have recovered well, keep it up and stay safe.

Sorry you have had the virus siddah, so very frightening, I hope you recover well. I agree, the doctors must have a special language when talking about X rays. and many more illnesses. Take Care.x

I‘ve got my letter saying ‘book now’. I satisfy all the requirements but when I log in it tells me I’m not eligible to book. Why is the system being run by bleedin’ idiots?

Further investigation seems that they’re still doing over 80’s so the information in their letter is wrong. The letter is in Urdu, Arabic, Czech, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish and Romanian. Tough luck if you run a Chinese restaurant!

Finally !!! It's come at last. I have been invited to attend, ( invitation mind you) for my Covid jab at the Meads, Uckfield, a week tomorrow. Just hope the bloody place is not flooded.

So Carni, if you're watching, tell your bloke he can go ahead of me if he wants. Despite being younger.  :rolleyes:

Will this mean I can go around meeting all Nottstalgians?

• Like 1

Is this one of the 'bleedin' idiots' Phil? Following comment from the media.

Brigadier Phil Prosser, Commander of Military Support to the Vaccine Delivery Programme, said his team would use 'our extensive operational and logistic experience' to deliver vital supplies across the UK. 

The commander of the British Army's 101 Logistic Brigade will lead soldiers distributing the drugs across the country in a bid to get the lockdown eased as soon as possible.

Many thanks for your comments and kind thoughts/suggestions.

I do now feel fully recovered and am (as well as I can tell) physically now back to where I was for example I can do a 7-8 mile walk and up the rate without breathing too heavily.

I count myself lucky as I improved daily once under the care and guidance of Mrs. Siddha. Of course I have no idea what damage might have been done to bits of me I cannot test.  Breathing exercises were very important and I followed the advice of this guy , Patrick Mckeown 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiwrtgWQeDc&t=531s

It works for me. Also Yoga and Tai Chi very helpful ways of exercising indoors.

Stroll on the vaccines for juniors.

• Like 2

Been down to the Forest Rec this afternoon with my husband to get his jab.  I thought I might be able to wangle my way in as an underage patient. No chance, they took one look at me and said I was far too young!  So I had to sit in a waiting area.  He was in and out in 10 minutes, they’re very well organised down there, a few military folk in ‘fatigues’ helping out too.  He had the Oxford vaccine. 

• Like 1

Phil, As the head of the British Army's Logistics Brigade I doubt he has limited experience in delivering goods speedily and accurately anywhere in the world. Anyway I've had a word and he's going to divert vaccines from Gloucester and Northants to Notts Health and Care and by Thursday you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Text from the Docs, click link to book test, clicked and booked for Feb 1st, all done is under 30 secs..,

• Like 2
On 1/21/2021 at 1:05 PM, Alpha said:

Can I take it then that you are not planning to vote for the Cons or any political institution again?

I find it incredible that so many, so called, government ministers and those with influence are so stupid and lack any initiative and common sense for their given role.

Not really a subject for this thread but.  Even if I were a conservative.. which I'm not.. I would not vote for this lot again because Johnson sacked or alienated anything resembing talent in his party..over Brexit...which is why the likes of Williamson are tolerated, Patel 'rehabilitated' and Gove kept at a safe distance.

• Like 1

Sad to hear the death of Larry King. Apparently had Covid and cancer plus other complcations. I didn't follow him but still sad to see him go in that way.

Just had our vaccinations this afternoon.  No Waiting, very well organised and a competent person doing it.  Honestly never felt a thing - the needles are so fine these days....   We have had the AZ Oxford vaccine and I am now visualising it flowing through my system taunting my immune system to respond!

• Like 1

It will be at least Thursday, I read,  before the Notts vacine debacle is sorted. 'Lumpy' supply problems are blamed apparently. I also read in today's Times that almost half the people in high ethnic minority areas are refusing to be vaccinated because they are scared. 

• Like 1