I am so envious of you (in a good way) having the vaccine. Don’t know when I will get mine, I am in the 4th tier, over 70’s. Nottingham doesn’t seem to be doing well in the jab stakes, supply problems or not.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Just been on internet to book master in for jab in nottinghamshire. I have booked him to-morrow at the forest recration ground,  if you look there are vacancies for the over 75 now. Just warning daughter in law who works pa doctors had her jab friday and has had a very bad reaction to it. Me my letter should arrive next week hope this info helps.

I think my husband did really well getting his jab at the Forest yesterday, seeing as the local news today said that vaccine centre was opening TODAY!  All this talk of them only dealing with over 80s for the next week is rubbish too, I looked on the website this morning and it said they are vaccinating over 75s. It seems I’ll still have a couple of weeks to wait for mine but I will be patient ...... glad I’m not over 75 anyway! 

Oh dear, what did she do to need a tetanus jab?  I haven’t needed one for about 30 years when a rose bush attacked me.  
If she changes her mind about the Covid jab you perhaps need to struggle in with a Zimmer frame!  

8 hours ago, philmayfield said:

It will be at least Thursday, I read,  before the Notts vacine debacle is sorted. 'Lumpy' supply problems are blamed apparently. I also read in today's Times that almost half the people in high ethnic minority areas are refusing to be vaccinated because they are scared. 

Yep.  I've spent part of my day trying to persuade people to get it.  A young black lady from the south east was posting on facebook trying to get other black people to get vaccinated.. but the opposition was frightening. The level of misunderstanding among some was appalling. And I should add that I think there are probably as many whites who think the same way.

I was reading one quote that 33 people have died in Norway 'from the treatment'. No source. no verification but these people believe this stuff.

I feel a bit cheated because a 'Cock up on the IT Front'.. to paraphrase Reginald Perrin.., means I'm left waiting until 7th Feb... when I should have been jabbed almost a week earlier.

However.. although that puts me behind all of my similarly aged neighbours.. it puts me ahead of many in other parts of the country... so I'll take that.

We were told vaccinations were being done by local gp's and chemists. I haven't heard of anyone that has already been vaccinated but now we hear that vaccine is being delayed and is in short supply by a few companies. It may go into a legal action against them. 

There are rumblings that there will be a shortage of the Pfizer vaccine. Will we get a second jab at all? It would be helpful if there were some factual evidence about the effectiveness of a single jab. Just hoping that Politics is not supressing the science.

• Upvote 1

The Pfizer shortage is only a short term issue while they reconfigured the plant in Belgium to output at a higher rate.

It'll be back to previous rates of production and then far higher very soon, apparently.

The commitment is for 2 jabs so presumably as people are getting the second appointment they'll hold back on new first jabs and prioritise if there is another shortage.

I booked for an over 75 friend last night, first jab next Sunday second jab 11 weeks laer in April.

I would say it appears the government made the right choice (for a change) In not joining in with the EU procurement of vaccines, at the time they were castigated for not doing so. Due to the present situation in Europe over the vaccines (or lack of) it seems it was a wise choice to “go it alone” as it were. Perhaps if they had been quicker in passing the vaccines they wouldn’t be in this position, they did insinuate that we were too quick and hadn’t done the necessary checks and they were going to do it “properly” at the time.
Chickens and roost comes to mind along with toys and pram. Just hope when it is my turn to get the jab it is the AZ one! 

• Like 1

When I took my Mums neighbour for her jab, we were waiting for over an hour, the doctor who booked her in apologised " So sorry to keep you waiting"

She replied with "I haven't been out since March, I am in no rush & it's lovely just to see people" 

We have to treasure this generation :wub:

• Like 5

Can’t believe the deaths have passed 1000,000 it is just unbelievable. Can anyone else remember Jenny whatsherface saying at the beginning that “testing was for poor countries”? That worked out well didn’t it. 

7 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

Can’t believe the deaths have passed 1000,000 it is just unbelievable. Can anyone else remember Jenny whatsherface saying at the beginning that “testing was for poor countries”? That worked out well didn’t it. 

Shocked at the covid deaths in Uk. I feel like I still live there with the fear of contracting this horrible virus. Heard tonight from a friend in Nottingham and he was telling us about the situation.

I have followed it from the beginning and was upset and horrified that the govt weren't doing the things and taking the same precautions as we were. Not that our govt was on top of it all and knew everything but we were told at first to wear masks, then said they weren't necessary but then realised they were. I remember phoning a friend and she was saying she walks her dog around without a mask (her not the dog) I asked her wasn't she worried but she says you were all advised not to wear them and you had no restrictions. Ok we were a few weeks behind China and UK was a few more weeks behind us, but still no mention of masks. what I see and hear from friends is that no one seems to worry , they congregate and go anywhere they want to. publish photos on beaches and woods and cities. I cant help but think that's dangerous seeing as we are restricted to zones. Villages and cities are closed and we are forced to stay in our own community. Yes we also have people that dont obey the rules and that they risk this virus attacking them. We all have a responsibility to do what we can to avoid the spread.

Today I saw that Boris had apologised , for what? for not doing what he should have done ? or sorry for all the deaths?

Im not getting at anyone, its just a comparison how different govts have reacted. Whether they are right or wrong I wouldn't like to say but I certainly wouldn't like to be in their shoes. I only hope that they decide on the correct actions for all our sakes.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:58 PM, LizzieM said:

Heard today that a friend of mine has been in hospital since Friday with Covid, was put on oxygen but today put in an induced coma.  He’s a well known character in Nottingham, many of you will know him. We’re hoping for the best for him.  He’s my age .....

Sadly today Alan Askey passed away.  He’d been in an induced coma for more than a week and today he lost the fight.  Many will know him since the 60s when he was DJing at various Nottingham clubs and then he became very involved with the Commodore.  Latterly he owned the Tudor Lodge Hotel (I think Margie and Paul stayed there on one trip to Nottingham)  he will be sadly missed by hundreds who have known him as a good, kind man.  

You are right, Lizzie.   We did stay at Tudor Lodge once when we came to a Nottstalgia meet up.  I remember Alan seemed a very pleasant man ..... I’m really sorry he has lost his fight for life.