Margie, I had a phone call from my surgery last week, inviting me for my CV jab, which is tomorrow. But today I've just received in the post a letter inviting me to apply via 119 for an appointment. A  bit like left hand not knowing what right, etc.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I don't think it is jumping the queue it was on  radio Nottm  they were asking people over 70 to book on line and not to wait for a letter, I think they were trying to up their numbers. 

I would never try to jump the queue.

20 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Margie, I had a phone call from my surgery last week, inviting me for my CV jab, which is tomorrow. But today I've just received in the post a letter inviting me to apply via 119 for an appointment. A  bit like left hand not knowing what right, etc.

The letters, texts and websites are a belt and braces approach by the NHS to ensure everyone is counted in. They are no doubt well aware you may have an appointment or been have inoculated

There is no central database of appointments and Swansea have no idea of who has and who hasn't booked and quite honestly that's no bad thing. The time to create such and the invariable glitches would not help.

The letter says quite clearly if you have already made arrangements ignore it. 

I was reading online about a woman from Mackworth, Derbyshire who has recently lost four of her close relatives in quick succession. She’s blaming the government for permitting families to meet up on Christmas Day. It was certainly a mistake to declare the day ‘open’ but there were caveats about doing it. The government knew that whatever they said, people would meet up over Christmas but they couldn’t do much about it as there were not sufficient resources to enforce it. The only reason for the spread is that a lot of people still ignoring the rules. 

• Like 1

@sue B 48  and @LizzieM  now that I’ve read all the posts about vaccinations appointments, I’m sure you aren’t queue jumpers - sorry for using that term x

I think the system for booking vaccinations must be different in large conurbations from what we have round here in sparsely populated regions, where the invitations are being texted or phoned straight from the GP surgery.  

All the best to all of you who have jabs coming up soon.  

Reply to one up:

The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching or spreading the virus, It just reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill, before you all you oldies start running around partying, hugging & kissing & having meet-ups & going mad :crazy:

39 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Reply to one up:

The vaccine doesn’t stop you catching or spreading the virus, It just reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill, before you all you oldies start running around partying, hugging & kissing & having meet-ups & going mad :crazy:

What about your suggestion of protecting us oldies and the rest carry on as usual with a controlled spread?

If we're protected can we then go out to play?  I don't know how you manage a 'controlled' spread though ...

6 hours ago, MargieH said:

I suppose you had jumped the queue a bit by using Swiftqueue Lizzie?  The letters are perhaps your official notification.   

As you now realise, those of us who have used the Swiftqueue website have not queue-jumped but instead have got in there to make sure we get the vaccine as soon as possible.

As I’ve already mentioned today, I’ve had 2 letters prompting me to book the jab.  Yesterday I told a neighbour about Swiftqueue and he got straight on and booked himself and his wife for next week, and then today he received THREE letters for himself and one for his wife asking them to book an appointment!
A friend who runs a Facebook site for members of the 60s Dungeon Club posted the ‘over 70s vaccine’ info the other day.  There are over 500 members of the Facebook group and everyone is now posting that they’ve used Swiftqueue and got their appointments booked.  All those 500 people were teenagers in the 1960s and are around 70 now.   We’re doing our bit.

I did comment on Facebook yesterday how funny it is that we’re excited about being 70+ so that we’re eligible for the jab. 55 years ago our only concern was if we could get our homework done and find 2/6d to see a band play in a sweaty cellar in the back streets of Nottingham. 
Forgot to mention, this afternoon I’ve had a text message from our GP surgery and an email from the Leader of Nottingham City Council urging me to get the jab booked.   I think Notts is lagging behind other East Midlands counties in the uptake of jabs so the powers that be are trying to rectify that! 

• Upvote 1
I received a letter today saying I could book for my vaccine and told to visit the swiftqueue website ( I’m not 70 but in the vulnerable group due to health issues) I found an appointment for the early hours of tomorrow at the Forest. When confirming the booking I got the message that I couldn’t book as I’m not 70+. Some research show that the letter has been sent in error with an incorrect link and new letters will be sent.
Piss up and brewery come to mind.
  • Like 1

Been for my jab at the Forest this morning, what an utter shambles!  Arrived 1 minute before my appointment time and got my vaccination 55 minutes later.  All that time I was hanging around outside in the cold. I appreciate that everyone working there is a volunteer but it was awful.  Situation isn’t helped by people arriving half an hour early.  Advice to anyone going to that site is wrap up warm and pray it doesn’t rain or snow. 

Sorry you had a bad experience at the vaccination hub, Lizzie.  Hope you’ve warmed up a bit now.   I suppose, as you say, lots of people must have arrived early 

Couldn't fault my gang at "The Meads", Uckfield. Even the parking marshals were cheerful and had time for a joke or reassurance for some patients.

I was going to use the Forest site for the simplicity of parking when my notification arrives but may go for City hospital instead, especially as it nearer.

Or maybe I'll go for a 2.00 am appointment at the Forest, as they seem to be working later than others.

The Forest have appointments available well into March so is presumably having guarenteed deliveries whereas the other sites including QMC seem to be out of action for a few days ocassionally.

Come to Newark. It's easy parking and gives you a run out! Just try and look deranged and you'll easily fit in.

My daughter, a part time NHS worker, whilst she completes her MA, just had one at the dreaded King's Mill. She got an 'I've had a Covid vaccine' sticker lucky bugger!

Yes Officer, I had to travel 20miles, it was the only site that had appointments free between 14.00 and 14.10 ( or whatever the time of the stop) and I don't go out at any other times.

Better get the Mustang washed and hoovered ready.

It was a very pleasant young policeman who greeted me at the door of the barn and handed me a mask. (they don't trust the one you're wearing!) I asked him if doing this job was better than arresting criminals and he agreed. As for driving a distance, I took each of our cars on a longish 20 mile run on Thursday. I think its essential to give them an occasional blast, especially if they are diesel, to clear the DPF filters which can get clogged up on short journeys and can lead to problems.

I went to the one at Mansfield no waiting , new mask provided, they sprayed your hands then checked your details and jab done. I was told if I was driving to sit down for 5 minutes . I wasnt so straight out less than 10 minutes couldnt fault them at all.