I believe if you have the Pfizer vaccine (as I did today)  they insist you sit around for 15 mins in case you get an adverse reaction. My husband had the AZ vaccine 10 days ago and was able to leave immediately.  Makes you think dunnit?!!  
Despite all the waiting and queuing at the Forest site today I’ve just read on the local paper website that there are available slots today and just turn up if you’re over 70.  I think they have so many doses of the Pfizer out of the freezer and either have to use them up during the day or throw them away.  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

We didn’t have to officially wait after we’d been done.  They said just sit in your car for 10 minutes before you leave.  
I believe you’re right, Lizzie.  The Pfizer jab requires a waiting time afterwards in case you have a severe allergic reaction.  

First of my neighbours had his jab Friday.  Reported no ill effects. Two more had theirs yesterday and when I spoke to her this morning she said they both felt a bit 'off' overnight.. but were getting over it.  She also said they didn't drink all that much considering it was their Anniversary...

That does however raise the issue of booze and the jab.  Never mentioned re: the Flu Jab and there seems to be nothing on the official online sites such as NHS.. whereas the usual suspects all claim it could 'ruin your immune response'.  Jury's out I think..

Had me jab today, arrived 5 mins early, straight in, more attendants than patients, I think three to direct you down a twenty metre corridor a bit ott though.

Had and armful of Pfizer, sat for 5 mins and then just got up and wandered out. Really quite impressed with the efficiency and the way it was set up. Blue chairs for those waiting and red chairs for the 15 min period, everything and everyone kept separated.

• Like 3

Same here Brew. Straight in, spot on time. I  also was very impressed with the efficiency etc. The atmosphere was brilliant, and friendly. I think the effort to make the nervous people comfortable worked really well.

I had the 'Astra Zeneca' today. Chris had the 'Pfizer' last Friday.

All of the medical staff and volunteers at the 'Aldersley Leasure Village' which had been turned into a vaccination point were brilliant. They should be very proud of the way they are handling things.

• Like 2

I'm still spitting feathers that I should have been done by now if my GP surgery hadn't buggered things up.. but 'Hey Ho'  as they say.  It's only another few days and we are all very much better off than many.

Here's an interesting article, from National Geographic.which I think is a more reliable source than much of the tripe on the Internet.

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/science-and-technology/2021/01/covid-19-will-likely-be-with-us-forever-heres-how-well-live-with-it?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

• Like 2

'Feather Spitting' continued apace today as a neighbour who actually turned 70 TODAY informed our street WhatsApp group that she had received her letter and booked both Covid Jab appointments online with the first being Thursday.  Not her fault of course and she's a lovely lady.. but annoying for me nonetheless. 

Next, looked at the letterbox and there was my NHS letter inviting me to book online. Letter said to ignore it if I'd had my first jab.. which of course I haven't because it wasn't booked until Sun 7th. So, I decided to try online and see what was what.  Booked for Thurs 4th  and a second appt on 23rd April.  Next I went to my original booking for 7th Feb and cancelled it.

So.. all sorted... finally.

Just back from having our jabs . There was a Facebook message on our local town site a couple of days ago supposedly by a nurse at the tented showground vaccine site on the way to Falmouth. 

She said that letters were delayed being sent out for some reason and to go onto the NHS booking site and ignore the "don't book till you get a letter" warning and fill in details .

She said nurses were there and plenty of vaccines too ,  just no customers ! 

I booked as over 70 and later tried for my wife who is a month of 70 and luckily it took her booking too .

All very efficient on the site with dozens of marshalls out in horrendous weather . We were in an out in 15 mins and told to sit in the car for 10 mins

Today however the local online paper has put out a story that you definitely shouldn't book until you receive your letter ! There is no delay.

Yet a neighbour who is younger than me has been called by our local surgery to go in Saturday for his jab at the local surgery rather than the hub half an hour away .

All seems a bit random !

Is it just the Pfizer jab where you can book your second appointment?  
We had the Astra Zeneca one and were told we had to wait to be notified for our second appointment.

Indeed.  And a good friend of mine who is 68 but has Diabetes and has been told to sheild.. has heard nothing. I've suggested that he try going online to book.

4 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Is it just the Pfizer jab where you can book your second appointment?  
We had the Astra Zeneca one and were told we had to wait to be notified for our second appointment.

Not sure Margie.  It looks like if you get a text from your GP you only book your first..then wait for them to contact you again re: 2nd.  Whereas if you book online, you are asked to book both appointments upfront.

• Like 1

Booking online you have to book the second jab too .

Mines April 21st for second . We got the AZ one .

After I had my jab, I asked if I had to book and the very nice lady who speared me said, " no, you'll be called for".

I was waiting for, " Now bugger off !" No tea or biscuits.

Maybe I  shoulda mentioned your name Phil. They would then curtsey and offer a glass of Champagne and canapés.  :rolleyes:

I hate to say it, but I doff my cap to Boris getting over 10 million UK citizens vaccinated, where would we be if still controlled by the EU? 

I see a envious glance from all the other EU countries, they will soon be wanting to join us.

Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rules the waves! 

Britons never, never, never, shall be slaves.    

I fear this wearing of masks malarkey is affecting my mental health.  
I’ve started talking (muttering) to myself when I’m out, mainly in supermarkets.  Nobody will see my lips move but I’m hoping nobody hears me chuntering, making insulting comments about fellow shoppers, reminding myself what I need to buy ....... bit worrying really! I know I’m not alone with this problem because I admitted it to my best friend the other day and she said she does the same!  Anybody else ready to confess?  

• Like 1

I reckon this mask wearing is a great idea. I managed to hold up and Rob three stagecoaches on the  A27 last month. :rolleyes:

• Like 1