When we had the first lock down early last year, and people started wearing masks etc, here in the  area we live in, there seemed to be a feeling of comradeship in the air.

Apart from the underlying fear of the virus, people we passed on our daily cycle rides (exercise), and walking to the shop., seemed to go out of their way to be friendly in the awful unsure time we were in. I wrote somewhere on NS, how proud I was of the way people seemed to be working together to do their bit to ward off the virus.

But. A big BUT. What has happened. Where has that feeling gone.  Sometimes I feel most uncomfortable in the big stores. I agree, if people are uncomfortable around others, just stay away in busy times.

I know I make mistakes, and occasionally forget to put my mask on (it's usually dangling on my wrist when I realise), I can sometimes forgetfully wonder off the footprint path in the store, but I do my best to abide by the rules. I would never glare at anyone or make cruel remarks to them. You can usually recognise the ones who deliberately have no intention of following the rules and sometimes it is those people who are the most unfriendly.   Stay Safe You Lot. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Well said Carnie,,,,,ive only been out for Medical appointments but have noticed some real ''jobsworths'''  especially security guards....who suddenly think they are Police....most of the public are ok and i still enjoy some 'Banter' mostly with the ladies......

• Like 1

Another problem with masks in supermarkets is recognising other people - or not.

There have been a number of occasions where I've looked at another person and thought "is that xxxx ?". Under normal conditions you'd go over to the person and speak; but now you can't go close to them - and even if you did, you realise that behind the mask it's not the person you thought it was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That 'Light at the end of the tunnel, 

Just make sure it's not the headlight of bloody great train coming toward you !!!

• Like 1

What on earth is going on with the Astrazenca jab? We are told it is fine but everyone else seems to have doubts especially about using it on over 60’s and now it doesn’t work very well with the South African variant if you get a mild case but does if it is more severe (this sounds like the wrong way round to me but what do I know!) 
 It would seem that they cocked up the trials in some way possibly by the demographic of the ages and also the half dose/full dose mistake that happened plus the differing amount of time between the injections which has affected the data from the trials? 
Both sides to the argument can’t be right, although there seem to be more stacked against than for. I sincerely hope that we are in the right but must admit I am glad I had the Pfizer one.

I understood the AZ was for the under 60's.  We should be getting ours in the next couple of weeks and we hope it's Pfizer. It should be for our age group.

Someone in our village was fined very heavily for being positive and wandering around. Notice was on local postings for this village and everyone who reacted was very positive in what they thought. They are furious to say the least. Everyone wants to know who it is, someone knows but won't tell because of retributions. Difficult situation to be in!!

RR are you really happy to see the younger members of your family put at risk? More to the point - are they?

To all.

Just have a look at this link.  A very good way of getting your head around lots of aspects of the pandemic..... assuming you can read simple graphics and understand simple stats.

https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/

On 2/6/2021 at 6:12 AM, radfordred said:

I hate to say it, but I doff my cap to Boris getting over 10 million UK citizens vaccinated, where would we be if still controlled by the EU? 

Boris didn't do it.  The NHS did..despite the blond clown.  And yes, the EU messed up over acquiring the vaccine, but it doesn't follow that Brexit was a good move overall.

Just sayin'.

• Like 3

I still cannot believe that Mrs Red or I have not caught it (unless we’ve had it?) we’ve both worked throughout, she working daily almost face to face with the elderly & children, me side by side breathing the same air as the other 160 (we didn’t have masks until October) then outside door to door 800/900 drops (no washing or toilet facilities in a van & everywhere's closed) plus sat side by side, front to back with strangers for 4.30 hours on a flying tube to Turkey, the last game @ the city ground with 29000 others, a crazy weekend in Blackpool where you would think Covid ever existed.

Not sure if you mix with young people @Brew I would say they just find it an inconvenience, I now believe the UK may have jumped the gun with rolling out the jab, I feel slightly guilty that it was me that arranged & took my 87 year old Mums for her jab, hopefully my brother or sister will volunteer to take her for her second jab to share my guilt.

Got me thermals on, bit cold out their, get your heating on, be safe.

• Like 1

Wow RR that's more than 3 lines!.

The chances of catching Covid are quite small and dying from it even less of that I have no doubt. A risk however is still a risk. Using the lottery as an example the odds  of the jackpot are around 45,000,000 : 1 yet someone will win and that's in a much smaller population than Covid has to choose from.

I don't understand why you feel a sense of guilt, what heinous crime do you think you committed?

All I see is a man looking out for his mam. You had the same information as everyone else and although not totally convinced still went for it 'just in case'.

Seems there's a difference between head and heart 

• Like 1

I got a letter from Imperial College London inviting me to take part in some test/survey.  So I decided to do my 'bit'.  They will send me a test kit and it will be collected by courier.

1 hour ago, Brew said:

The chances of catching Covid are quite small and dying from it even less of that I have no doubt. A risk however is still a risk. Using the lottery as an example the odds  of the jackpot are around 45,000,000 : 1 yet someone will win and that's in a much smaller population than Covid has to choose from.

What I find interesting about that is that people enter the Lottery fervently wishing the odds will work in their own favour.  Yet when it comes to the odds of dying from Covid......

QMC, City and Kings Mill have dropped their age grouping for Vaccination to 65 and over on Swiftqueue, from 70 and over earlier today.

Presumably you still need the NHS letter of eligibility before attending, which I'd assume will start arriving soon for us 65 to 70's.

You don’t need to have received the letter Stuart, I’d already had my jab before I received THREE identical letters from the NHS.  All you have to do is go on the Swiftqueue website.  
I heard they’d lowered the age limit at the Hospital hubs today, I told a couple of friends straight away and they’re booked in for this Thursday, they haven’t had letters yet either.