Mrs Col got the call today and has her jab booked for next Tues.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

My nephew finally got home yesterday - sixty days after being admitted to the ICU at the QMC and being put into an induced coma while he was intubated. He spent the last two weeks being helped to learn to walk again after being stuck in bed.

He’s 42 and fit, so it shows this virus can affect anyone.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Text today at 11.50 followed by an NHS letter through the door half hour later.

City Hosp, just down the road,  no appointments at all.

Forest, only next Wednesday same day I'm having a new bed delivered.

QMC, no appointments at all.

Kings Meadow (old Central studios) I'm booked in for tomorrow

@Rob.L so pleased your nephew is now home.  I hope he will continue to get stronger day by day, after his ordeal.    You are right in that this virus can cause serious problems even in younger fit people.

• Upvote 1

Me too Denshaw, was there at 3.50. booked yesterday after the letter and text came from NHS england followed by another letter, different version, today from NHS Nottingham.

Apart from no obvious directions to the entrance from the car park, all went smooth and quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Having my jab on Wednesday. I am going to Horsley Woodhouse of all places. Could have gone to Pinxton but not many appointments available. (And besides I haven't got a spaceship)  :)

Herself went there on Saturday, had the AZ and in and out in 10 mins or so.

Today feeling a bit like she has a cold and an aching arm but nothing to write home about.

1 hour ago, The Pianoman said:

Having my jab on Wednesday. I am going to Horsley Woodhouse of all places. 

In the NHS letter which I received, Horsley Woodhouse was also my closest option - about 17 miles away !

However, by using Swiftqueue I went to the local centre which is a 5 minute walk away. The NHS options always seem to be a long distance from wherever you are.

Just when there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel Brazil comes up with a variant against which the present vaccines may not be so effective.

We will have a second jab in a few weeks but it looks like a third one, sometime before next winter, may be needed to deal with the new variant.

• Like 1

I have had my first vaccination and had no problems but I wonder if the hundreds of idiots who visited my small village over the last two days even know there is a pandemic. Wandering around mainly in groups no masks and gormless expressions, on a day where we would like to go for a walk common sense tells us stay home. Do people think that they won't/can't catch anything so it's life as usual will lockdow ever end. Stay safe all and take care.

Flipping eck it's been like a Bank Holiday at skeg here at Trent Lock.... What gets me is joggers/runners spitting everywhere... Huffing and puffing all over you as they run by then occasionally putting one finger over a nostril and blowing snot out the other might as well be coughing all over you

3 hours ago, Brew said:

Just when there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel Brazil comes up with a variant against which the present vaccines may not be so effective.

We will have a second jab in a few weeks but it looks like a third one, sometime before next winter, may be needed to deal with the new variant.

As some may know.. the Common Cold is caused by a range of Coronaviruses.  For years, the 'Common Cold Research Unit' or whatever it was called.. looked into treatments and possible vaccines.  Not so much because the Common Cold is dangerous.. but because of the economic cost of zillions of sick days per year. Again.. as I recall.. the Common Cold Research Unit was eventually wound up because it became apparent that no vaccine could combat the wide range of Coronaviruses, which , like the Influenza viruses.. were constantly mutating anyway. Covid however IS seriously dangerous,so even if we have to constantly change the vaccines.. it has to be worth it.

I stil hold out the hope that Covid-19 will eventually mutate in such a way as to become a  nuisance, rather than a killer.  Although viruses clearly do not 'consciously' mutate, it is those variants which spread easily which are most likely to perpetuate.. yet those which kill their host clearly limit themselves.

..I think.. :blink:

I don't blame you..

Stupid bloody site showing my post as 'saving' forever.  Still showng it like that... No doubt some sort of 'time -space continuum loop anomaly...'  Or just a maintenance issue.  Maybe Kev can tidy things up in the morning.

P.S.  I think it was 9... :laugh:

14 hours ago, radfordred said:

Anyone remember seeing the early Covid footage of people falling over & dying in the streets of China?

That was in the days when we thought it would never get over here, who’d have thought? 

This week is the first anniversary of our daughter arriving home from Cape Town via Heathrow, where she acquired the virus and passed it on to us.

Since then, I’ve acquired Raynaud's Syndrome in some fingers, which makes going out in cold weather painful, not had a full night’s sleep, and joint aches - all of which have appeared in the last year.

On the positive side, done over 1600 hours as an NHS Volunteer Responder  and completed nearly a thousand tasks for the scheme, helped two clinical trials on antibodies, nearly donated plasma (no suitable vein), and saved a shed load of money on not going out!

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Rob.L said:

Since then, I’ve acquired Raynaud's Syndrome in some fingers, which makes going out in cold weather painful, 

I sometimes get that in my feet if the weather is cold. It usually only last 10-15 minutes, then goes away. I don't think I'd say it's painful - just annoying while it's there.

My mum sometimes displayed the symptoms of Raynauld's. Supposedly down to poor circulation. I don't have it but I do get pains in my fingers, caused by a dodgy thyroid, even though I'm on medication. It comes and goes but has been particularly annoying these last few days.

I see my multiple post from last night (which of course was not caused by me.. but by some sort of system error  :rolleyes:).. has been tidied up.  I'm guessing it was Kev who did it, but whoever it was, many thanks.

• Like 1