Interesting about the 60+ being vaccinated soon. I thought they'd already been vaccinated as there are lots of apparently 60+ on here.  If you've been done how did you do it without being called? Just wondered as we have just started 80's and seems we are next 65-80. We will or should have Pfizer as the under 65's have Astra Zeneca. Hope we all get covered no matter what . We are once again in orange zone after being in yellow for a month. Awaiting today for new Dpcm further restrictions. It takes some keeping up with what we can and can't do.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Are you brave enough for the jab Jill?
A friend of mine has had the Swiftqueue link open permanently on her computer for several days in anticipation and the age range changed to 60+ at 9am this morning.  She’s off to the Forest at 6.20 this evening.   

Nonna B

When they say 60+ they mean 60 to 65

They've been doing 5 year blocks so anyone 65 to 70 like me got letters 2 weeks ago.

Some people had been using a website link for Healthworkers of any age to book a jab when they weren't Health workers and the centres doing the jab weren't asking for I.D as they should have.

1 Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
2 All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3 All those 75 years of age and over
4 All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
5 All those 65 years of age and over
6 Adults aged 16 to 65 years in an at-risk group (see clinical conditions below) [footnote 1]
7 All those 60 years of age and over
8 All those 55 years of age and over
9 All those 50 years of age and over
10  Rest of the population (to be determined)

Just read that one should refrain from drinking alcohol for 2 days prior and 2 weeks after the Covid vax.  Well that’s me shot then ...... they should have told me a month ago before my trip to the Forest! 

I think that where I live, we must be well ahead in the vaccine ‘race’. as I know several people aged 55 - 60 with NO underlying health conditions who have already had their first jab.

Saw (again) on the midlands news that in Leicester takeup of the vaccine amongst the asian and black communities is considerably lower than amongst the white population. Wonder how long it will be before somebody tells me it’s my fault.

Stuart C our list is similar to that and we are after the over 80's (78) I don't know if I'll be classed as vulnerable or not. Don't know if being in followup counts but I don't care as long as I get vaccinated. We have a cousin who has a petrol station and she thinks it's a con from the govt. won't wear a mask although she's been reported by customers.

7 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Just read that one should refrain from drinking alcohol for 2 days prior and 2 weeks after the Covid vax.  Well that’s me shot then ...... they should have told me a month ago before my trip to the Forest! 

Well I'm pickled now and my jab is tomorrow afternoon. Does this mean that the jab won't work or will something happen to me?

Blame Mick2Me... I did and I think I got away with it.... :)

As for booze and the jab.  I've already commented here that if it was a real issue, I reckon the NHS would be shouting about it. but they aren't.

11 hours ago, AfferGorritt said:

Saw (again) on the midlands news that in Leicester takeup of the vaccine amongst the asian and black communities is considerably lower than amongst the white population.

Explains why they are continually around the top of the “league” table of cases and not coming down much. 

For those who didn't get a sticker, including me. When asked which arm, I said "my wifes".

Screenshot-20210304-115757-Viber.jpg