Take up in Nottingham must be good.  Yesterday, of the ten local venues, none were showing any future appointments available. Today only Forest is showing a few; computer still says no for the rest.  Anyone desperate can go to Derby or Mansfield though.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I got my sticker!

I applied online, put my postcode in when asked, the only Nottinghamshire centre available to me was Pinxton. Everything else was in Derbyshire, even as far away as Derby City Centre. I went to Horsley Woodhouse. Although NG16 postcode does go into derbyshire, I wonder if this is being done to make the figures look better for Derbyshire

When I had mine a couple of weeks ago I booked through Swiftqueue and had a choice of times within about 24 hours. If I'd gone via the NHS system I would've had to go to Horsely Woodhouse, but with a couple of days notice.

It looks as though the current block of candidates (under 65) are taking it up in a big way.

Had a bit of amusement to myself while sitting in the queue for the jab. Had a look around at everyone else in the waiting area and queuing outside and suddenly realised that everyone was 64

Not sure if the science/technolgy is getting better or the Covid virus is mutating at an increaseing rate but  another UK variant has been found.

Talking with my brother the other day  who lives in Germany, he actually gave GB praise, and coming from him that means we have a gold star. You see his mother in law is 82 and she as yet to have her first viruis jab, while here in the UK we are now giving jabs to 50 ---60 years old (might have changed now ) When I do speak to my borther conversation goe's well in Germany, and I don't know if you do this/that in the UK.  Well I got a little cross one day and just told him, GB is not a 3rd world County you know. but It was like talking to a wall. Hello Wall.   He has lived in Germany since being 30ish but he forgets his roots.

Heard tonight that starting from 15 March the over 60 up to 79 are being vaccinated. Hooray it can't come quick enough for us.

• Like 2

Swiftqueue Nottingham now showing as 55+ can have the jab.  Appointments available at 8 out of 10 sites (some even available today).

Crikey ..... they after getting me jabbed, had a letter today in Arabic Bengali Spanish Farsi Gujarati Hindi Kurdish Chinese Nepali Punjabi Polish Romanian Somali Albanian Tagalog & Urdu, I’ve not fully mastered this English malarkey yet :crazy:

EwNdKvBXIAEAcEA?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

I have heard (from a reliable source) that locally they thought it would be okay to go to 40+ but totally underestimated response so they revised to 50+ within a matter of a few hours. As of now, only four of the ten local sites are showing appointments available.  They are going to honour appointments made for the young ones this morning.

It remains to be seen whether there is a rise in those declining the jab due to the unfounded scaremongering about AZ and blood clots.

Could the increase in people having blood clots be because some people have been sitting around too much in lockdown?  Just a thought, but if that is put forward as a possible reason at some point, just remember you read it here first!  
i don’t suppose that would ever be put forward as a possible reason, though, because people always prefer to blame something like a vaccine rather than their over sedentary lifestyle (just as they prefer to blame lack of money for their obesity instead of other contributory factors.  Some people seem to think that eating fatty,sugary snacks & drinks and sitting around is OK, instead of eating smaller healthier meals and getting a bit more exercise).  
Sorry, I don’t know where that came from... it’s not my usual style!

• Like 2

I thought exactly the same today Margie.  
Our ‘difficult’ daughter-in-law sent me a WhatsApp message last night, just as I was going to bed, a news article stating that Marvin Hagler had passed away the other day as a result of the Covid vaccine.  I didn’t respond but I couldn’t get to sleep because I wanted to find something to prove her wrong.  So I googled Marvin Hagler and the first item that came up was an article stating that his wife was denying such an allegation and found it upsetting that people were saying the vaccine was to blame for his death.  I then googled the source of the message d-in-l had sent me and sure enough it came from Renegade Tribune, an American site promoting conspiracy theories, you know ..... 9/11, flat Earth, Covid, anti-vax, etc etc.  

• Like 6

I find this business of the European countries stopping the AZ being administered a bit suspicious? There must be a motive, unless the WHO and most experts are wrong. Money and Politics - even envy? 

• Like 1