Our Federal government have announced that vaccinations for the over 70's will begin next week for anyone with a pre -existing medical condition. Apparently a liking for single malt scotch is not an allowable reason.

One slight problem is that instead of setting up special clinics they have decided to do it through GP surgeries. A great idea but you cannot get an appointment at many surgeries for any non urgent illness in under 4-5 weeks. Another example of politicians being totally divorced from reality.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

9 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

I find this business of the European countries stopping the AZ being administered a bit suspicious? There must be a motive, unless the WHO and most experts are wrong. Money and Politics - even envy? 

I thought  ENVY  :)

• Like 2
12 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

I find this business of the European countries stopping the AZ being administered a bit suspicious? There must be a motive, unless the WHO and most experts are wrong. Money and Politics - even envy? 

PP they are doing it to investigate . The investigation apparently ends tomorrow. Virologists  are saying that the vaccine is safe. So really it just a caution they havent definitely stopped it. You probably get an exaggerated version than us.

I agree, there's a hidden Covid agenda here. The success of the UK's vaccine inoculation programme compared with the EU's abysmal progress and the EU's continuing post Brexit spitefulness campaign.

• Like 2

Weve just adhered to the vaccination list online. Ive printed out 15 pages (for me, so have to print 15 for my husband too)

Twelve pages is the module for consent and the other 3 are scheda anamnestieca. I thought it would be a simple letter, email, telephone call or message to make an appointment but it seems to be more complicated. The local chemist was doing the preliminaries but all computers were blocked. What I want to know is how does it work in UK. I know in Italy theres a lot of beaurocracy(sp) especially with signatures etc. Thanks in advance for any info.

In a FB group I look at, someone mentioned that during the last year they’ve had almost nothing in the way of a cold or sniffle or sore throat…..and several other people since added similar comments.

For the last few weeks I’d been wondering if I was the only person who’d noticed that, so it’s nice to know I’m not alone. 

Because we’re wearing masks, and not mixing closely with other people so much, we’ve all become cold-free.

33 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

What I want to know is how does it work in UK.

There seems to be a couple of systems but for me it was a letter from my GP giving me details and phone number.

Rank and was offered a choice of four slots four a few days hence. Warned not to arrive to early i turned fifteen minutes early, answered a few questions and because they running a little in front went straight in.

Others can tell you of the Swiftqueue  system, I have no experience of it. Hope you soon get sorted...

1 minute ago, Brew said:

Others can tell you of the Swiftqueue  system, I have no experience of it. Hope you soon get sorted...

I had mine via Swiftqueue. It was ultra-simple.

I received a text message inviting me to go to the website. I logged in, found my nearest centre, looked at the available dates & times, picked one, and booked it (the next day).

I booked through Swiftqueue as others very simple, no downloading of any paperwork, no Ts & Cs to read.

I don't remember signing anything, only having a quick chat with a Doctor immediately prior to the jab.

I've never signed anything in relation to a Flu jab and I've had 5 of those over the years.

The situation here may be different as it's the NHS that are in control of all vaccinations.

In Italy I'd guess there are multiple companies / organisations involved.

My Son and Daughter in Law should be getting thiers soon in the U.S, it'll be interesting to see what they have to do.

Although I dislike mask wearing in shops it’s only for a short time and if it does prevent the spread of cold type infections it may well become a common practice in future. I’ve certainly not had any cold symptoms this winter nor do I know anyone who has. I believe the wearing of masks is prevalent in Japan even before the current pandemic.

I was the same as Cliff Ton really easy to book in and second appointment was also made at same time. At centre the girl at the desk I was sent to took some details, then a nurse came and spoke to me, both asked if I still wanted to go ahead with the jab, then the person giving the jab came and it was done. Pfizer so had to go to another room and sit for 10/15 minutes to make sure I was okay and then home. 
The person giving the jab looked like a nurse but I must say it was quite painful think she needed more practice. No particular side effects except for an aching arm. 
It was all very efficient and quick. Great respect for all those volunteers making it so.

Friend of friend is on Security at the Lenton Vaccination centre.

She's only in her 30's and got an end of the day leftover jab some weeks ago, as did quite a few others.

They weren't previously on any priority list.

And re flu, it's been reported in a few Countries round the World that flu is down.

I have the flu jab and have never previously had proper flu but have always had an annoying 2 or 3 day blocked nose thing.

Not this year tho'

If your switched on & want the jab it's not hard, most of the younger ones @ work have used the "I'm a career" route on https://www.swiftqueue.co.uk/nottinghamc19v-clinv.php no questions asked & beat all the over 40s & 50s waiting for a doctors note to it, I get the impression they would prefer everyone jabbed & are turning no one away? 

RR we don't have anything like swift queue. We are now on the list and await a call of some kind. 

BTW AstraZenica vaccine, there was only ONE lot that has been stopped, the other lots are being continued. So it isn't as bad as it sounds.

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Apparently,  there has been no cases of flu this year !

That’s because none of us are mixing to pick it up anywhere.  Still plenty of Covid cases though, which doesn’t make sense does it?

Swift queue doesn’t exist everywhere. We just have to wait for a notification from our GP

• Like 1

I see the EU’s once again demanding supplies of AZ from the UK and is also threatening export bans to countries that have a successful vaccination policy (ie us). 
You just could not make this up, firstly claiming the AZ jab wasn’t very good on people over 60, then wondering why no one in the EU seemed to want it leaving millions of doses of the vaccine not being used with people not turning up for their appointments etc. Now they have suspended use of it when the Pfizer one has a record of more cases of blood clots although still minimal. The Johnston & Johnston one which they have passed (good on them) has to go to the USA to be bottled apparently and they have an export ban on vaccines so it is possible they might not get them back. The USA has already declined Their request to “borrow” vaccines.  Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory?

I did vote to leave the EU but it gives no pleasure to see the debacle unfolding there at the moment (thank goodness we went our own way on vaccines despite the government taking flak when it did this, one of the few things they seem to have got right).

I just hope it can be sorted as all peoples need access to the vaccine to fight against this thing but they do seem to be floundering around from one crisis to another whilst numbers are once again spiralling up in Europe and blaming those who have a successful vaccination programme initiated and the drug companies (especially AZ - don’t bite the hand that feeds you!) for their woes.
We really need them to get their house in order quickly as possible now, we definitely don’t want another wave “imported” from the continent and surely the longer this virus is out of control in some countries it becomes more likely a variant will occur which will bypass the present miraculous vaccines. I have read their is possibly one that will give a negative result in the present test being investigated at the moment which is a daunting prospect.

I thought swiftqueue was a nationwide website, if not it should be it is so easy to use.

Got my jab today at the former Wickes store at Mansfield. Was on a call out so took a chance and turned up an hour early, no problem, was in and out within ten minutes. Can't fault any of the people working there, everyone deserved praise whether NHS or not.

The stuff about 'clots' strikes me as the same sort of rubbish as we get with the Flu Jab.  Along the lines of  "I had the Flu Jab and it gave me Flu."  That.. is physically and medically impossible.  BUT.. it is a racing cert that if you vaccinate millions of people against Flu in the autumn, there will be a few people who are already 'incubating' flu when they get the jab.  So they blame the jab.

So it's even more of a racing certainty that out of many millions given the Astra Zeneca Jab..some will have developed blood clots.  They are not exactly rare amongst the older population groups being jabbed at present.  The question not answered so far is 'how many people who have NOT had the jab..have also developed blood clots."?

I have had three events in my life caused by blood clots.  1 Heart Attack and 2 Strokes.  I've had the AZ first dose and I will happily have the second as soon as I can get it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I was talking today to a neighbour who got a message the other day about the 40+ being offered vaccines in Nottingham. He quickly got on the website and booked a slot. He thought he was booking for the following day and then realised he’d booked for that same day, in 10 minutes time.  He rushed down to The Forest, got his jab but also found out that the system had lots of vaccines that needed to be used up before their expiry date ...... hence the offer open to the younger age group.  
Now us oldies are wondering if we’ll get the second dose when due.