DJ Congratualtions on the expected birth of your new gfad daughter. 

But what is a pinada?

Here its a huge pot or something that is easy to break with a long stick. Its used in childrens games. The pinada is usually filled with sweets etc.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

6 hours ago, nonnaB said:

But what is a pinada?

Same thing Nonna. Pinata/pinada etc.. (I can't find a way to add the wavy 'accent' over the 'n' to indicate the 'nya' sound.) Traditionally a box full of sweets etc, suspended and then broken to release the contents.  It seems they are becoming popular for other types of celebrations and there are online instructions how to make them.  Stef and Nash just filled theirs with pink stuff to signify 'girl'.

Ñ   DJ, if you're on a tablet, just keep your finger on the letter n....ñ.   Simples.

• Like 1

Very illuminatiing BK, but I'm usually on the PC...  nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ;)

ñ

Finally did it.  Found a list of codes.  It's Alt and 164. I had to type the n, then highlight it, then  press Alt and hold..then type 164 on the number pad.. not the numbers on the top row.  Not exactly straightforward.... :wacko:

Ahhh.  Thanks but I'm still on Win7 until probably later in the year, when I plan to get a new PC. 

Back to the original topic - coronavirus... we have both got our second jabs on Sunday afternoon, so that will be another thing out of the way.

When  I was at the hospital eye clinic a couple of days ago, Paul wasn’t allowed in because of the current restrictions so he spent a couple of cold hours sitting in the car in the hospital car park. He did go for a bit of a walk but he was on level 5 and that was 96 steps down and then same when he came back up again.  There is a lift but the restrictions stated that only family bubbles could use the lift together, and it was busy.  I know all you fit Nottstalgians could easily manage the steps but Paul has a blocked femoral artery which means he gets a bad pain in his lower leg and foot when he walks for any distance.  I know it’s not the hospital’s fault - they’re just following guidelines but it wasn’t very good for him.  I have 3 more  appointments over the next 3 months so I think he’ll sit in Sainsbury’s car park next time - at least it’s on ground level and won’t cost £4 each time!  
The injection into my eye went really well - no pain at all - so all is good.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Glad it went well Margie but the thought of having someone stick a needle in my eye...oooer

It was fine.  I could actually SEE the liquid right inside my eye as it was being injected.....  very strange, but as I said, no pain or even discomfort!   It’s wonderful what treatments can be done these days and I feel very grateful for all the research that’s been carried out into into eye conditions.  I’m also so thankful for the NHS of course.(especially the lovely young Yorkshire doctor called Jamie who treated my eye).   

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Brew said:

Thanks Brew.  I'll have a play with that.. though I'm surprised Mrs Col didn't already have this nailed as she is a Translator.

Thanks for the explanation of pinada DJ. I thought it might be the same thing but i misread your post. I thought they were doing it to reveal it was a girl to the happy couple. I reread the post and understand they did it to rejoice it was a girl. ( sounds double dutch but im tired and have an excuse.)

• Like 1

Read today that the area I live in is now classed as being a “virus suppressed” area of which there are 25 around Nottingham. There is another one a bit further down the estate which was really bad at one time. Some good news for a change hopefully it will spread to the rest of Nottingham and surrounding areas. 
Not so sure about Lenton after the latest video showing students doing handstands and running about on the roofs of houses there!! Idiots.

• Like 1

Sorry @Stavertongirl but how you are going to catch coronavirus from 3/4 students sitting on top of a 3 story house on Belfour Road? 

If there's people thinking like this how are they going to get back to any sort of normal? I passed though the "Kill The Bill" protest on the Forest yesterday, for me it was no difference than what I've experienced everyday @ work the the last 12 months.

These are my photos.

ExgOoDDW8AUyc9u?format=jpg&name=largeExgOofVWEAEwN8o?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

On the roof they won’t Radfordred. But they were partying, go to Nottinghamshire Live and see what the residents of Lenton are saying about the amount of partying going on there and the number police have had to break up. That is what will spread it. Common sense needs to prevail among a small minority.
I have no quarrel with the demonstrators at all, the bill they are demonstrating against isn’t good. As to getting back to normal I can’t wait hope it is sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

On the roof RR they are not going to infect you but by mixing anywhere, including the roof, they are more likely to keep the asymptomatic numbers up. Imagine one infected person goes on the roof, many could come down and help the spread.

I know you've been lucky so far and hope you stay that way but it's rather naive  to think gatherings, including protests, cannot contribute to the spread of infection.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My arms hurting after yesterday's Appletizer jab. Had a look but can't see owt,  no swelling or redness, but it feels very tender. Can I assume this is a normal reaction? Didn't help losing sleep this morning. Up at 3.30 (2.30 in old money) and had a hell of a job trying to get back to sleep. 'Er indoors is just the same.

I had a sore arm with both my Pfizer shots, but just for the first day. Hubby had nothing. I guess it effects different folks, different ways.

I felt nothing at all for 48 hours. Couldn't even have identified the injection site.  Then....very sore upper arm with pain that travelled up my neck and into left shoulder. Persisted for several days, fading as time went on.  Friends who had the same jab at the same time reported flu-like symptoms, dizziness, etc. I didn't experience any of that.

BK. It’s just your body’s antibodies rushing  out to fight and overcome what they ‘see’ as an intruder in your body.   That’s good!   You may get other effects as well but just relax, take paracetamol and let your antibodies get on with their fight!  Our bodies are wonderful things (even the older ones like yours and mine!)