I had a text msg this morning reminding me of my 2nd Pfizer jab at the Forest next Monday.  My husband had his 2nd AZ jab yesterday at the Forest.  He was in and out in 5 minutes, ignoring the instruction to sit down in the waiting area for 15 minutes.   

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

According to the blurb in my paracetamol box, 1 person in 10,000 could experience clotting disorders, so that means that in 20,000,000 people, 2,000 people could experience clotting. Out of 20,000,000 people who had the AZ vaccine, 79 experienced clotting. BAN PARACETEMOL!!!!

• Like 3

I did hear a while ago the UK were facing Pfizer shortages, hope you all get them done. We had our first dose last friday and the second one is already booked . They are getting them done very quickly now. We both had like the rest of the village Astra Zenica. We were told ages ago that we were to have Pfizer or Moderna but they changed it  probably because of the supposed shortage of Pfizer. We both expected some sort of reaction but neither of us had anything not even a sore arm. 

• Like 2

The vaccine roll out continues to go badly here in Australia. Our incompetant, bumbling clown of a leader Scott Morrison has put the national cabinet, a group comprising of the premiers of each state and territory, on a "war footing' and plans to meet twice a week to accelerate the roll out of vaccines.

Many observers would say, quite rightly, that it is a cynical exercise in blame spreading.

We have finally got the date for our first vaccine, still a month away and will be the AZ version.

My neice.. my late sister's youngest...re-trained from being some sort of supervisor in a leisure centre, to being a vaccinator in Nottm.  Yesterday.. she thought she recognised the name of a couple she was about to jab.  Turned out to be my cousin.. (Dad's sister's oldest) and his wife.  She's probably only ever met them once or twice.. at funeral's..  Small world.

21 hours ago, AfferGorritt said:

1 person in 10,000 could experience clotting disorders, so that means that in 20,000,000 people, 2,000 people could experience clotting. Out of 20,000,000 people who had the AZ vaccine, 79 experienced clotting. BAN PARACETEMOL!!!!

Where's that from, Facebook? Apparently it's a load of old rubbish.

SG About you being a " guinea pig" for vaccine mixes. My sister in law is a voluntary ambulance service, in February she had the pfizer vaccine and the second dose she had Astra Zeneca.  Shes fine , no after effects and nothing to be worried about. Now I've just heard on our news that they are thinking of changing the second dose with a different vaccine. They also said that UK was doing it too. Think I heard that right that they were already or thinking about it.

Uk are doing a trial about mixing vaccines. Nottingham University is asking for volunteers to take part in the trials at the moment. Just want to get my second jab next week hopefully.

Spoken to my friend in Doncaster today. Her and her mother were supposed to have second Pfizer jab last Thursday. They still haven’t had it with no idea of when they will get it. 

No Brew, it’s from me. The point I was trying to make is that it appears you have more chance of developing clotting issues from taking paras than having the jab. I was trying to say that all this suspending of the AZ vaccine is a load of b******! Perhaps I was being too sarky.

I could see you were being ironic but I thought you believed you were quoting facts, Apologies if I misunderstood...

I have suddenly realised that since the first lockdown I have become somewhat of a hoarder of food. Well perhaps less of a hoarder more of a squirrel getting stuff “just in case”.  I don’t mean I have got enough toilet roll to last a year or have a room crammed full of tinned goods and bottled water, but when I went into my freezer yesterday I had a bit of a panic when I thought there was only one frozen loaf of bread. I pulled open the drawer above and there were two more in that which was a relief. There are also two   4pint milks in there which I rotate each week when I get another one. I would point out I wasn’t one of those who went in and stripped shelves in supermarkets, instead of getting one of everything as before I would get a pack of 3 small beans/spaghetti etc. instead 

I did have one loaf in there before the lockdown so I had enough to last a week but had never had milk in there before, that started when the panic buying was happening and also so I didn’t have to go to the shops too often.

I also stocked up on tinned stuff for the same reason, frozen stuff was from Iceland where I got a VIP status because of my age so that was a help and made sure my freezer was fairly full. I was the same with dog food and still have a bag unopened that I got in the first lockdown with a lot of treats and wet food as well. In fact I think I stocked Kai up more than me to be honest, my new pup will have enough to last him a long while when he is on adult food. 
I wasn’t like this before all this started and am finding it a hard habit to break even though things are getting a bit better at the moment. Perhaps it is still the uncertainty of what will happen next and will hopefully ease as the virus comes under some sort of control? Time will tell I suppose, must go and count my tins of beans!

• Like 1

I had my 2nd AZ jab yesterday at Mansfield,  was fed at by the time I received the jab as you have to give the same info at each of 4 stages which they all enter onto their laptops. At the next to last stage the nurse went over every last possible side effect in great detail , was he trying to put me off having it. I finally had the jab by a nice very young nurse  , well at my age they are all very young.

After the last jab I never had any side effects this time after about 4 hrs a headache started it was quite severe so I had to go and lay down. I am not sure if it was the jab that caused it or having to go shopping for what seemed to be ages and all we brought was 4 more solar lights for the garden.

Well I am now protected roll on the warm weather and lets get  out and on with fun and enjoyment again.

I certainly don’t intend to stay in “lockdown” all of my life, must say no one I know wants to either, we are all waiting for 2nd jabs and our social things to start opening up again. If there are some that want to then it is their choice, I certainly wouldn’t force anyone to do something they are not comfortable with. 
As soon as things settle down a bit we intend to go into Nottingham shopping (hooray) and go to our favourite local eating place. Here’s to getting back to some sort of normal:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hope it wont be long SG. We heard tonight that restaurants can open lunch and dinner from April 26. Eating outside though. Hope the weather improves as the last few days have been freezing. Even our fig trees leaves have withered with the frost.

Got a txt yesterday reminding me of my appointment next Friday for my second jab. Couple of hours later they sent me an email .... reminding me of my appointment for my second vaccination next Friday.  Looks like I am having my second vaccination next friday.

• Like 2

Luck of the draw:( From 26 April restaurants can open but have to serve outdoors, fine, but the forcast is rain. Thats  Pandemia  for you.