Not wishing to put a damper on the topic but-

After being 'banged up' for so long and the figures suggesting it's all going well there is a  danger we take the small relaxations as an 'all clear' and go overboard.

Hopefully the trend will continue but let's remember we are not out of the woods yet. 

As an aside, has anyone heard of or read of someone who's been vaccinated catching Covid? I wonder about the severity and what symptoms they have. If, as some suggest it's like getting a cold how will we tell the difference?

Stay safe...

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Exactly what i said this morning Phil..even about Japan...

Had an hour in Bulwell this morning...went in several shops and it seemed everyone was wearing a Mask.......

Even in the street most had a mask on.......still recognised old pals.......from school and teen years......

• Like 1

I even wear a mask online....;)

Here in Oz we began our vaccine roll out on Feb 21st. At the time the government spouted that it would have 4 million vaccinated by the end of March and 20 million by the end of October. We have just hit 2 million, 3 million short of the governments' original target. If these incompetent clowns  continue at this rate we wont all be vaccinated until March 2024. We keep being told that vaccination rates will improve but it just does not seem to happen. I suspect there is too much bureaucracy involved between Federal and State governments. We have the capability of manufacturing our own Astra Zeneca vaccines and the government said that it would be producing 1 million doses a week but appears to be only achieving around half that amount on average.

Kudos to all those involved in the vaccine roll-out in the UK, as after a shambolic early response to the threat seem to have really got their act together

• Like 1

As I wrote somewhere else  Oz, I applaud whoever it was said "bugger the rules, get it done and we can argue the niceties later"...

• Like 3

Yes Brew, I wish someone would do that here, if you are over 50 you can now have the AZ vaccine even though not all in care homes, residents and carers have been vaccinated and neither have 70+ years olds. Pi$$ up in a brewery comes to mind on the way they have organised the jab roll out here.

We were slow at starting vaccinations but it seems we are going well at the moment. Still not in line with UK and USA. But we're getting there if the vaccines keep up.

Jab 2 of Pfizer done yesterday afternoon.

Arrived at the entrance exactly 5 mins early again but this time instead of getting in on time there was a 15 minute queue along the front of the old Lenton T.V Studios.

Same amount of time inside including the 15 mins after wait.

Same after symptoms as last time, arm aches a bit, that's all.

• Like 1

I finally had my 2nd jab on 28th April. I was very concerned about whether I was well enough, as I came out of hospital on the 18th April and still having slow recovery from Pancreatitis, lots of pain! Doc said to have it, so hubs got me to the 'jab station'. Very pleased to say there was no problems, and thrilled I had the vaccine. 

• Like 6

5 an 3      or 21s  ??

It is a game of dominos called five and three where each end can be divaded by five or three. Its had to explaine if you have not played it. 

21 is when you have a score bord and each time you or your partner score its the first to reach 21points I'm sure some member will add more,