That's an easy decision for me, I don't drink, but I recognise those whose social sphere revolves mainly round drinking must be finding it frustrating.

I said previously we are only a hop and skip away from a third wave and those not taking precautions seriously are (in my opinion as a fully paid up wetwipe snowflake), not helping. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Here at the moment the over and under 40's are being vaccinated. Mostly AZ. My dil has been very poorly since monday. ( az) my son had Pfizer. ( no problem)There was a woman who refused az and theres been 3 more who have had reactions. Now the worry is that starting next week the 18 yr olds are due for their vaccinations. My dil is very worried, she says she will take her son but will ask first and if its az she will refuse and await further instructions. Her mother and father both had a bad reaction. According to tv they are reconsidering az for the younger adults. Has anyone else heard of reactions in younger adults/ or any person under 80? My husband and I both had az with no reactions whatsoever but they say that az is suitable for the older person but not the younger ones. Makes you think.

So the UK govt wants to accelerate the vaccination programme.  I was stewarding at a vaccine centre yesterday and the numbers turning up were about a quarter of its capacity.  Over 40s can even just walk in, no appointment needed.

Under 40s get Pfizer if first jab.  If it's 2nd jab they get same as whatever they had first time (AZ or Pfizer).

My 91 year old aunt had Covid after being admitted to hospital at Christmas. This meant she could not have the vaccine for some time. She has only just received her second dose and had a bad reaction to it.

Both my doses were AZ. Frozen shoulder and neck on the vaccinated side 48 hours after the first dose. Nil reaction to second dose. A friend who had Pfizer experienced exactly the same.  It seems to affect everyone differently, even if they've actually had the virus.

The vaccinator must  play a part. My flu jab hurt like a bugger, I had a 'dead arm' and my shoulder was swollen for two days. First Pfizer totally painless, didn't even feel the needle and zero after effects. Second Pfizer much like the flu jab...

• Upvote 1

I had a thyroid screen on Friday. Now we all know that I have needle phobia, so I didn't look. The phlebotomist was new to me but I didn't feel the needle go in. I gave her 9 out of 10.  The following morning, there was a livid blue/black thumbprint bruise on the outer lateral edge of my left arm with a very painful lump underneath it.  It's still there. I admit, I bruise easily but it seems to be getting worse. I'm revising her mark to 1/10 and I don't want to see her next time!

I agree with your first sentence, Brew!

I obviously had a good vaccinator as I never felt the needle at all and my arm wasn’t tender at any point afterwards.

However,  I did get the several side effects of the actual vaccine which started about 6 hours afterwards.

Injections have never bothered me so I’m always very relaxed - maybe that’s why I never get pain at the actual injection site?

or as the saying goes…. “No sense, no feeling”  :crazy: ?

Hmm. Government announces four week delay in lifting restrictions, which takes it to 19th July.

I’m due to go to the F1 at Silverstone on the 18th, along with thousands of other people who’ve bought rather expensive tickets.

Oh well.

Surely though Rob, you would be entitled to your money back if you've been told you can't go.?

3 hours ago, Brew said:

The vaccinator must  play a part. My flu jab hurt like a bugger, I had a 'dead arm' and my shoulder was swollen for two days. First Pfizer totally painless, didn't even feel the needle and zero after effects. Second Pfizer much like the flu jab...

My vaccinator was the nurse in our local health centre. I didnt feel a thing and neither did my husband. I have to have regular blood tests and she nearly always does it but tomorrow I have to have CT scan with contrast and if the nurse ( I have to go to Alessandria) cant find the vein she wants and starts looking at other sites I freeze. In the wrist or back of hand I start getting nervous. In my arm I'm very relaxed and it doesnt bother me.

I am having to go by ambulance, no reason but its a private appointment and my sil is a volunteer and she says I wont have to wait too long once I'm there. I only hope this will be the last of a continuing list of tests that i've done lately.

On a different tack I hear on the news that UK is in fear of getting a third lockdown or delaying restrictions. Hope it doesn't get to that stage.

We are lucky we are now in Zona Bianca with very low new cases and deaths. Come on UK you can do it.

3 hours ago, Rob.L said:

Probably would get a refund, but it’s not the same as being there. Especially as it’s my birthday present from our daughter.

I know someone who’ll be there! 

All the best for tomorrow, nonna x

I’m  not sure if the UK can prevent another (near) lockdown!

If everyone had obeyed the rules or even closely followed the guidelines, I think we could have been over it by now…. But some people in this country are just too used to having the freedom to do mostly what they want regardless.   Just my opinion …

• Like 4

It seems to me there was little point in stopping people in the UK from travelling locally, whilst our borders were open to international travel until way after major outbreaks were known to be running wild

• Like 2

They're doing it on purpose, to keep me from coming up to Nottingham. I'm sure of it. Sod going abroad, I'll settle for visiting me friends and relatives.

• Like 2

Good Luck nonna hope you dont finish up like a dart board we went 2 weeks ago for 2nd covid shot never felt a thing and no side effects surprise surprise we had our yearly flu shot in November.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Who's that then?

Our son and a few employees, they paint the track markings several times a year, not just for the Formula 1 race.  

As I understand it, we aren't having another lockdown.

All that's happening is that the present arrangement isn't going to be relaxed for a few more weeks. It's not going to be worse; it just won't be any better.

• Like 2

BBC Sports site just now:

Discussions are ongoing with British Grand Prix bosses about holding the event, scheduled for 18 July at Silverstone, with extra fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Today we have closed our state borders to almost all of Australia as Covid (Delta strain) kicks off in Sydney again. They have gone into a two week lockdown. Guess what, the toilet paper numpties have stripped the supermarket shelves of toilet rolls, paper towels and tissues. Why do they keep doing this? Surely by now they know what covid is and does. Meanwhile our incompetent Federal Government bumbles along, stuffing up the vaccine roll out and failing to properly act on quarantine and relying on hotels to be effective.

Friday we ventured out for a planning session for a new bathroom and whilst out took the opportunity to shop at Morrisons. To say we were shocked at the lack of masks or any form form of distancing is an understatement. Shop assistants gathered in the self serve tills gossiping away, couples blithely wandering about with not a mask between them, sanitising stations I wouldn't go near and I lost count of the number of folk who think noses do not need covering.

In the last year I've gone from reluctant acceptance of the restrictions to almost evangelical but it seems I'm peeing into the wind...

• Like 1

You're not on your own Brew ! Tell us which Morrisons and I'll boycott it for you. Take care Cocker. :rolleyes: