• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

2 hours ago, oldphil said:

NonnaB, this site is reserved for the safe and sensible.

It's all them others

How the buggery did I  gerron then?

I any case those fashion & homemade masks are a complete waste of time, I’m sure those that want further lockdowns never went out in the first place, those that want to stay in watching telly with their masks on do so, lifes for living & far to short, you’ll be dead soon, try & enjoy it. 

• Upvote 1

Was at a vaccination site yesterday afternoon.  The pattern of low demand continued.  I counted 30+ NHS staff (vaccinators, nurses, pharmacists, a GP and a few admin), about 10 volunteer stewards and a handful of council staff who run the building.  At no point was there a queue; I'd say there were fewer than 10 people jabbed per hour (capacity 96 per hour).

Dont know if UK has the Green Card or similar for those who have received their vaccinations because from August 6th we must always carry it wherever we go. There are still loads that dont want it  and today theres a protest about it in Turin. Those who dont have this pass will not be able to go into public places.there are exceptions and others are closed . The Delta virus is spreading quickly here so we hope that the no vax will see sense and get vaccinated. Just heard on TV after the conference that Draghi gave last night Lazio has had 38,000 new appointments for the vaccine. He obviously got his message over. He said that to not have the vaccine was an invitation to death. A bit dramtic but if it works.

All I have is card with my name, vaccine dates and batch numbers. It's not green. I haven't been asked to produce it but, being a misanthrope, I'm staying away from anywhere that is likely to make such a request!

We went shopping yesterday for the first time since “freedom day”. We were wearing masks (proper ones not a fashion statement) and so were the majority of people we saw. Looks like common sense has prevailed. Well done Bulwell:clapping:Life is short and I don’t intend to have it made shorter than it should be. 

I have got a Coronavirus vaccination confirmation letter which gives details of my two jabs and gives all information about them. There is also a reference (bar code) which is unique to me as well. It can be shown to confirm you have had the jabs, but like Jill it is highly unlikely that I will need to show it. A relative sent away for it when she got one to check where her AZ vaccine came from. It is from the NHS so possibly an internet search will show the source if anyone wants one.

• Like 2

Good . Actually the card isnt green .Its a QR code with all your details on in paper form or digital. Does it entitle you to go where you want or if you havent been vaccinated you wont have one and you could be stopped for enjoying yourselves. Pubs, concerts, sports activities and restaurants among othe things. I see a problem that those with businesses or heads of activities cant always or cant be bothered to ask for this certificate as they should. That goes for here too. A while ago we went away to,Sicily for a couple of days making sure we asked the Dr for proof of our two vaccinations. We took them with us and at the airport we went out of our way to show the proof and nobody wanted to know neither here or at our destination and our return. News programmes have been showing various world wide airports on arrivals and departures and no one is checked. Make you wonder whether if they are responsible for the infection rate going up. Mind you the airports we went to were a nightmare to get into departures. We had to go straight to arrivals doors, pass through one side and do a tour of the whole airport before we reached the desks. 

When will people realise that being vaccinated does work and that it doesn’t hurt and doesn’t make everyone ill but it does save lives. I’m so annoyed, yesterday we heard that Sicily and Sardinia are now in red zone. We can still travel next week when we should be going and taking our 16 yr old grandson but we’ ve had a setback. Telephoned relatives last night and apparently they haven’t been vaccinated, they “thought”we knew. We couldn’t see them a few weeks ago when we went because the village where they live there were too many cases so we avoided them. We are now wondering whether to cancel and lose our payment or go and stay far away from them. I don’t know whether my dil will allow my grandson to come with us. He has his last vaccination 6 days before we go and I know for certain he’ll be so disappointed. We are looking at alternative destinations , like staying in the mainland as we are still all clear. Decisions, decisions last minute are difficult to make. Ok if the company cancels the flight because they refund but a different matter if we cancel. Feeling very ….very.

True enough but what we don't and can't know for sure is the degree by which the vaccine ameliorates the effect of covid.

On 7/30/2021 at 3:57 PM, nonnaB said:

When will people realise that being vaccinated does work

With almost 50% of the Australian population in Sydney and Brisbane in relatively tight lockdown the queues to get tested are miles long and suddenly people want to get vaccinated. One problem though, not enough of the Pfizer vaccine after this stupid federal government scared everyone away from using the AZ version. Many people in our area that have just become eligible for a vaccination are being told none available until late Sept early Oct.

On a brighter note nonna B after that great win in the hundred metres final by the Italian sprinter Lamont Marcel Jacobs I heard an interview with his mother, what an amazing, proud but humble person.

• Like 1

The whole shemozzle re Australia's vaccination roll out continues and the difference between how states are responding to it is staggering.

An Australian update for those with family and friends in OZ.

The Brisbane and near area of Queensland is currently in lock-down and talking about reducing restrictions or coming out of lock-down this weekend and today reported 10 cases.

The whole state of Victoria has just gone into its' 6th lock-down with 10 reported cases.

The most populous areas of NSW's coast including greater Sydney are in lock-down and likely to remain so for several weeks with 291 cases and sadly an increasing death toll.

The Northern Territory has reported 1 case which is in a quarantine facility.

South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the ACT have not reported any cases in the last few days.

Guess what, each state and territory has its own website and they are not in a standard format and on some it is extremely difficult to find out what you want to know re travel restrictions and data etc.

It is becoming obvious that the major population centres cannot continue with on again off again lock-down and restrictions.

We still have only 16.3% of our population fully vaccinated and this failure is 100% due to the Scott Moronson Federal LNP government. The fact that it put all its eggs in the AZ vaccine basket, did not purchase sufficient quantities of any alternate vaccines and then due to its incompetence ran a very effective scare campaign against the use of AZ for under 60's. They are now running round like chooks with no heads exhorting people to get vaccinated with any available vaccine if they understand the risks and sit there wondering why there is a reluctance by some people to get vaccinated with AZ. I just hope people remember this at next years Federal election.

My wife and I had our second AZ vaccination yesterday and absolutely no adverse reactions so hopefully some time next year we will be able to get to the UK.

The number of  Covid cases in Australia seems low compared with here in the UK, where we have thousands of new cases every day and over 130,000 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic!

Our new cases today 6,599 and 24 victims. Its increased very quickly but they say its still rising but more slowly. Green pass started today and the people who agree and dont agree with it are spouting their opinions on FB. Some agreeing and others really aggresive. Stupid really. Its a new law so like it or not we have to obey.

Nonna, here in the UK we have had 31,808 new cases and 92 deaths reported in the past 24 hours

• Like 1

Margie ,yesterday our Green Pass was obligatory to enter certain places such as Bars  restaurant , museums, etc. Those that havent been vaccinated arent entitled it so they are restricted to where they want  to go.

The first day went fairly well with people either eating or drinking outside or had the passes. Im watching news 24 at the moment and 1 million 700 young people have rushed to get their vaccinations and therefore their Green Pass because they want to go to a concert with their favourite pop star. Theres a protest against Green Pass with fights etc its awful. Lots of people have something against restaurants but its not the restaurants that have provided this pass its the government and they all have to obey. Those that refuse to be vaccinated will at the end lose out but they seem to think its the restaurants that will close because no one will go. On the news earlier the results were very positive with people accepting the new law. Sorry for those from abroad that were not advised by their travel company what things were necessary. But in most cases they are doing vaccinations on the spot and it seems to be the most sensible thing to do.

There will still be those that are no vax but in my opinion they are wrong for themselves and selfish to others.

But theres still those in govt who think theres still a lot more that could be done .

We'll see what effect it has in a few weeks.

My husband went to our favorite bar yesterday morning for his coffee and the proprietor apologised for asking to see the pass. He said hed asked someone earlier and he threw a load of abuse at him.

• Upvote 1

Well yes Jim.. so long as I stay away from Blackpool...  which is no hardship.. I've managed it for 65 years..

Yes I agree that the situation for most is much safer.. but when I see people like the woman opposite, who works in a school.. operating what appears to be an open door policy for all visitors, friends, relatives, as well as her own kids and their friends..etc..etc..etc...  I do tend to wonder if some people have actually noticed that there is a pandemic.

Just when you thought it was safe! Daughter has tested positive for Covid so we’re all now isolating for the next ten days. This time around, and thanks to her having had both jabs, it’s much more like a bad cold. We’re now having to use lateral flow tests every day and have tested negative so far.

Most likely, she caught it at work (she’s a waitress) from a customer now that most restrictions have been lifted and people aren’t as careful as before.

Lateral flow tests, also known as lateral flow immunochromatographic assays or rapid tests, are simple devices intended to detect the presence of a target substance in a liquid sample without the need for specialized and costly equipment

It’s the test you do at home by shoving a large cotton bud right up the back of your nose (until you start gagging!). You then put the bud into a solution which then goes into a bit of plastic for testing whether you are positive or not.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/how-to-do-a-test-at-home-or-at-a-test-site/how-to-do-a-rapid-lateral-flow-test/

B-K,,

The home test kit where you stick a big cotton bud up your nose and stir it around and also in the back of your throat and tickle your tonsils if you've still got them.
Then stir it in a magic potion and drip the residue into a widget.

1 bar and your clear, 2 bars and your positive, probably.