• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

We had to fill a online passenger locator form before travelling  https://www.spth.gob.es/ strangely does not recognise your final Covid jab if it was over 8 months ago?

Some might need a top up?

I would like to tell you this QR code it generated was meticulously checked & scanned on arrival, not even a glance :excl:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Our green pass is available to those who have had their 2 nd vaccination. We may not like it and there are thousands who don't but its working. From 15 th Oct its compulsory everywhere. People in public and private sector have to have it. Some have been suspended from work and a few without wages. Those that have the pass are happy theyve got it as they can and do go where they want. On tv last night we were congratulated by Fauci who said finally we are getting there but still it will take time to eliminate the virus permanently.

Last night my son had a reservation for 6 women at his restaurant. 5 had the green pass and the other one wasnt vaccinated. For this one person the group had to sit outside to eat. They were all furious with the no vax woman because the weather still being very warm had changed and was windy and rainy. The woman asked my son to make an exception but he refused. ( heavy fines for those who dont co operate) Winter is on its way so maybe just maybe the population might think twice about not getting what they should and saving lives.

There are 3 patients from the village who have covid , all 3 arent vaccinated. In my opinion , and maybe, its just my opinion they deserve to get it. This virus has been going on for too long.

Sorry for the long post , its another point of view from another country.

PS I'm not usually mean but in this instance .........

I don’t think you’re being mean at all. The outcomes of contracting the virus are well publicised. The vulnerable have all had their chance to get a jab and now it’s trickling down the age groups. If you catch it then it’s your own fault, don’t expect sympathy unless it’s a fluke or there are extenuating circumstances.

Its unusual for an Italian government to do something so sensible!

• Like 1

Draghi has done very well, it was a good thing that Conti was kicked out.

Today only ( if I can say that) 4554 new cases and 66 deaths. Its going down.

Tested in resort 20€ x 2 certificate, 2 x locator forms & printing 20c each page, it was like a book, 2 day PCR test £48 x 2, which we don’t actually have to take, just needed a reference number for the locator form, vaccination certificates, just shredded the lot for the recycle bin, nothing was checked either end, what a money making rob dog covid con :crazy:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Got a txt and have booked for my booster on 23 October. Our doctors surgery which is about 5 minutes walk from me is doing them so saves trailing to the Forest again. Just hope it isn’t the nurse who did my last very painful blood test!

When I had me last jab, a fortnight ago, the nurse said, "did I hurt you"? I said, " only when it came out, the other side of me arm"!

She didn't laugh.

• Like 1

We will be getting our boosters some time soon , I hope.

BK bet she's heard all those sort of comments before.

We had our booster texts the other day too. My husband wants to get his done ASAP but I prefer to wait as we’re off to Spain next week and don’t want any side effects ……… I was perfectly ok after the other two but am thinking the Day 2 test we’ll need to do on our return might show I’ve got Covid (from the jab!)

• Like 1

Neither PCR or Lateral Flow tests can show positive from the booster.  Regardless of which you had for first two doses (AZ or Pfizer) you will most likely get Pfizer as a booster.  The brand name for Pfizer is Comirnaty (you might spot that on the paperwork).  PFizer is a messenger RNA (mRNA).  It is a small part of the virus genome that tricks the host cells to make the COVID spike protein.  Your immune system sees the spikes and generates a suitable response.  The mRNA is unstable (that's why it has to be kept very cold before use) and is attacked by enzymes, which breaks it down within hours after it has done its work.  There is nothing left for a PCR test to detect.

The proteins don't make their way to nose or throat so a lateral flow test can't spot them either.

I had no reaction to first two (AZ) but tenderness and mild swelling at jab site for about 3-4 days (diminishing over that period) after Pfizer booster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for that reassurance Engineer.  I had Pfizer for my first two jabs and not even a sore arm, unlike the flu jab I had a month ago when my arm felt bruised for several days.   I’ll get us booked in for the booster but expect we’ll need to wait a while anyway.  

I volunteer as a steward at Richard Herrod.  It is never too busy, quite the opposite.  When I booked mine I could have got in the following day but left it a few days until I was there for my next shift.  I think they are open 8am to 8pm daily but are shutting down middle of next week.  Don't know what other centres are doing.  I know they closed Forest rec for a bit.

I did look to book the booster before I got the txt from my doctors surgery but there was a big banner telling you not to book until you are contacted. I was surprised my doctors, well the nurses really think our doctors have gone into hibernation,  are doing them. I know they did AZ in the initial vaccination push but it makes it easier being local. it means I will have had it just over a week before I start invigilating at the school again. 
I have read that some are getting a reaction the day or so after the jab, some mild but some quite severe. I just felt a bit “off” for a day after the second jab, didn’t stop me from doing anything though so I will take that over covoid. 

Saw that UK cases are still rising fairly rapidly in UK. I hope everyone is ok and not taking any risks. As regards vaccinations UK was well ahead and we thought by now you would be quite low with new cases. It seems that no one seems to be taking it seriously judging by the photos we see. Today regarding green pass has come into force for work places. Those that dont have it dont work and dont get paid. There are demonstrations everywhere but on the news just now in various interviews people have thought twice and are getting their first vaccination and therefore entitled to the pass. In fact in the last 24 hrs there has been 860 million passes been downLoaded for those who are entitled to it. Watching these demonstrations it seems as though everyone is against the pass but lorry drivers in particular are happy to get it because it means they can work and earn. In my opinion it really has been a good thing ( it doesnt appeal to everyone though) If the public hasnt understood this new law they obviously havent understood that they are restricted to where they can go. I dont think they realise that their IDs are compulsory and they didnt apply for them  and they weren't voluntary. That ID can let them travel anywhere in Europe but not worldwide they need a passport.( was in UK too a while ago but stopped when Brexit was announced) So whats the difference between ID and green pass, The ID wont let you enjoy the freedom you have as you cant travel without certain tests and you cant go to concerts, cinemas, museums etc at full capacity but the green pass will. I cant understand why so many are against the vaccinations apart from those who cant get it through various reasons. The results that we have show that these restrictions we have suffered in this last year have clearly shown results.

I am probably upsetting some of you but believe me being British I worry about my "home " country. 

Keep safe everyone.

• Like 1

I was called out once to look at their electricity backup system, the place was disgusting, adsolutely filthy.

I think they painted the entire interior black so punters don't notice.