Our boosters booked for 10.30am tomorrow, Friday,  just round the corner from us .

Spoke to our neighbours this morning and found theirs was also booked for tomorrow but later at 5.30 pm

They have just texted to say their appointment was cancelled by clinic and has now been re-arranged for next week .

I guess someone under-estimated the number of walk-ins ?

We've heard nothing so hopefully there's some left for us when we turn up.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

The 15 minutes wait on site after the jab is strongly recommended by the medics.  That's the timeframe to spot any adverse reaction.  We had a few who fainted (falling off a chair certainly got attention) though I'd say that young males seemed most susceptible to that and it was more common during summer (dehydration).

Yes, they gave me an ‘Exit card’ at the Forest that I had to hand in as I left and I daren’t leave before my allotted time!  Not surprised about the males being susceptible to faint, they’re not as tuff as us gals. 

• Like 4

I went for my Booster this afternoon at 1:30. 

For some unknown reason I felt pretty crappy before I even got there.. and really wasn't in the mood for it. 

Then I was asked whether I'd eaten.  When I asked why.. it transpired that I there had been some cases of fainting, but mostly among young people, who were 'wound up', and also had not eaten.

Anyway.. I had eaten.  But I still felt crap.  The Jabber Lady offered me the option to put my jab off for a week.. but after a bit more chat, I decided to go ahead.  I didn't even feel it.. in contrast to the first two jabs, and the recent flu jab. Not that a painful jab puts me off.. Any jab beats the crap out of having the disease it is designed to prevent.  Next was the 15 minute sit in the 'Just in case you pass out' area.. then home. 

I made the comment to a couple of people at the St Helens Rugby League Ground, that their organisation was superb, for which I thanked them. But I also pointed out that the NHS Website was confusing and the 'call up' for Boosters was inconsistent and frankly, chaotic.

11 or so hours since the jab, my arm is very slightly sore.  I'll take that.

My sister had the first jab earlier this year, after returning to the UK from Spain.  The vaccination session was held at a village hall near to where she lives in Staffordshire. One chap, having received his jab, fainted, cracked his head on the piano and was carted off to hospital! Good start.

I left immediately after the jab because the chairs in both the waiting and recovery areas were closely packed together; far closer than the recommended social distance. People were sitting shoulder to shoulder. I thought it was disgraceful for a medical establishment.

My 6 month wait expires in a couple of days so it will be interesting to see how soon I get a reminder.

Also, the vaccination centre where I had my previous two jabs has closed down, so I'm intrigued to find out where I have to go.

Many of us were vaccinated quite close to home but logistically it's not reasonable to expect all centres to be within walking distance.

Just back from getting our booster . 

Appointment was 10.25 , we got there 5 mins early , only to join a snaking queue outside the community centre of about 30 people . 

Luckily weather was dry for a change.

Then joined another queue inside.

Then allocated a seat to await a booth for the injection.

After getting jabbed and a 10 minute sit down we left .

With the rest time it took just under an hour and a half ,  even with 5 separate booths jabbing away ! 

I suppose we will be lucky with our boosters due at the end of December. We are a village and theres only one place they can use complete with voluntary ambulance staff ( close by in fact right opposite) They use the church hall . Wish it was tomorrow and its finished.

Arm a bit more sore today but nothing to get excited about.  No other noticeable effects. 

Arrived 20 mins early at pharmacist in Brinsley, checked in, had jab and out in less than 15 minutes. No pain, shoulder a bit achy but all good so far...  thumbsup

5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’m talking distances of over ten miles offered to me

Really? a whole 10 miles driving in a nice car, wow, the hardships country living must entail.

I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else despite the hardships and sacrifices of rural living. I look out of the bedroom window across our green meadow to the Trent Hills in the distant. No sign of human life. I’ve driven to places as far apart as Bingham and Tuxford today. I’m going to Norwell tomorrow; if anyone knows where that is.

Nearby but not on the route. Straight up the A1 through Cromwell once I've passed through Kelham and Muskham. I know Laxton well. They still have the open field farming system. I always feel a bit 'iffy' when I see the sign 'Welcome to the Holocaust Centre'. 

My cousin and her husband  ran a farm (Laxton Lodge) in Norwell.  They were there for several years but are now both deceased.  

One of my cousin’s daughters also lives in a barn conversion in that area. At least they lived there when I went to my cousin’s funeral as the wake was held there.  I have no idea whether she still lives there as we don’t keep in touch.  Her name is Penny and she will now be in her mid fifties.  My cousin’s name was Barbara Todd and her husband was Jack