We used to see Christopher Chittell aka Eric Pollard occasionally at Waitrose in Newark. Also Edna, the character who always wore a hat. She was very pleasant and always had a chat. I thought ‘Eric’ must be local. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

@philmayfield yes I’ve known Jeremy G since we were babies as our mums were friends.  I even went on a ‘date’ to the Metropole with him once!

The last time I saw him was at Carlton Forum when we’d taken our small children swimming there.

Just joined the Covid herd. Me and missus got it last weekend. She is always masked up and I've not used one much . Julie  has bad symptoms Headaches , tiredness, loss of taste and smell I have ha no symptoms at all  ???

If it wasn't for the texts telling me to get tested I wouldn't have known I'd got it. Possibly thats why it is spreading easily at the moment.... beware !

The feebacks to this with the Govfia are a pain. Phone calls and texts every day repeating themselves now. If you are unfortunate to catch it keeps your email to yourselves and isolate.Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

With the UK having had 46,807 new cases yesterday and effectively "fully opened up" and 80% of the population over 12 fully vaccinated and a whopping 24% having had a booster shot.

Here in South Australia we are facing our "opening up" day, 23rd of November with a great deal of trepidation. We have had no cases for quite a while and have today just one active case in quarantine yet our stupid premier, hell bent on being a toady to Australia's worst ever prime minister is allowing our borders to open up to Victoria which has 1200+ cases a day and NSW with 250+ cases. I just don't understand the logic when we have worked so hard to be covid free and living an almost normal life, yet here we are opening the borders with vaccination rates of 76% and as low as 40% in some first nation communities. This is akin to putting the fox in charge of the hen house. I understand that we have to open up at some time and many are longing to see interstate relatives but we were led to believe that this would only be when 80% of the population was vaccinated. So much for trusting our politicians, led at the Federal level by the "Liar from the Shire" some one who sincerely believes he has never told a lie during his political career?

• 2 weeks later...

If 2 Omicron variants have been found, I expect there will be lots and lots of people who are also infected but just aren’t aware of it yet…

My wife went to the vaccination centre at Brackenhurst campus yesterday for a 10.25am appointment. There were approximately 70 plus people in a lecture theatre waiting area and she was told there was a minimum 50 minute wait. Looking at the numbers it was likely to be longer. Something clearly wrong as if everyone had appointment why were there so many waiting. She didn’t wait and left. Chaos. 

Maybe staff problems? someone phoned in sick? All the appointments we had went like clockwork.

Hopefully you'll be sorted out soon, I'm sure they're doing their best. Chin up...

14 hours ago, philmayfield said:

It was the same at Brackenhurst the previous Saturday when my wife went. The wait was an hour but she stuck it out. It just wasn't fair on the oldies who were queueing. A total disorganised shambles.

My wife’s an oldie but don’t tell her I said so.

I'm beginning to wonder just what the fuss is about with Omicron. Everything I've read so far says the symptoms vary a little from Delta, there's no loss of taste for instance, and over all they are actually quite mild..

• 2 weeks later...

80% no vax here in Italy are in intensive care and 4 elderly ladies have been taken out of their ward to make room for some of these inconsiderate persons. The hospitals are getting so concerned by the amount of new cases that urgent cancer patients and others are not able to get their treatments. I know some people wont have the vax because of health reasons but those that have been vaccinated are giving the no vax the sense of freedom to walk around spreading the virus to the general public.

Today they said that a greater percentage of no vax cases now regret not getting vaccinated. Sorry but you had your chance, its not a new thing thats just been invented and you've had plenty of time. Now they are all queing like mad to get vaccinated and probably spreading the virus in the meantime. It leaves me with no understanding how their minds work.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, nonnaB said:

It leaves me with no understanding how their minds work.

Many countries including OZ should do what Singapore has done. Make those that are not vaccinated that catch Covid pay for their home and hospital treatment.

• Like 1

I am fully in agreement with Oz's reference to Singapore's vaccination policy. We are far too soft in the UK in dealing with those who, with dismissoive arrogance, continue to refuse free preventative protection. 

I would suggest those misguided few who refuse vaccination once should forfeit all other state benefits and that medical needs of that person should become chargeable. 

These individuals are usually the first to expect immediate assistance when they themselves experience any medical issues.