• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

4 more of my friends round here have now tested positive and one of them is elderly and has bronchial problems. 2 more friends have been in contact with them within the last two days as well. All of them have been triple jabbed so hope their symptoms will be mild.   Many of the older children in the village junior school have tested positive but without symptoms and the parents of all Years 5 and 6 children have been asked to test their children every day now!

I’m staying in my own house and garden because I, too, have some underlying health problems and I really don’t want to be hospitalised.

The trouble is Margie, that sometimes necessity forces you out. Then you have no choice, but try to avoid contact. I just wonder if things will ever be right, or is it something we have to learn to live with. Wonder if you'll be able to join us for coffee this year, at Wroxham?

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

Why are people taking lateral flow tests when they have no symptoms? it’s like they want to catch it? 

Still got some mild symptoms: headache, dry cough, fatigue, but I'm feeling better that I did a few days ago. Think I've got to keep testing every till till I do two negatives, not 100% sure though...

Our 10 year old grandson has tested positive this evening - at his school they have to test routinely on Wed and Sundays.  He’s been off school for a couple of days  with an ‘upset tummy’ so he may have had Covid  

for 2 days already.   Apparently, diarrhoea can be a symptom of Omicron.

it seems relentless….

8 hours ago, radfordred said:

Why are people taking lateral flow tests when they have no symptoms? it’s like they want to catch it? 

Seriously?

RR The answer to that question is that if you are carrying the virus BUT HAVE NO SYMPTOMS, you can still pass it on to other people!  

That is why people in the same household as someone who has tested positive should keep testing each day to find out if they have also caught it, so they won’t go out and spread it to others !

Children especially often show few symptoms but for their elderly relatives or those with underlying health conditions it is a different matter.  They could end up being hospitalised and maybe never return home….

I’m sure you must know this already but I felt it was necessary to repeat it.

• Like 3

It's only RR  having pop Margie. He's probably bored and can think of nothing to post about Nottingham or esoteric music.

Should have met a friend yesterday but had dental appointment, i rang her earlier to say I'll meet her next week.Both she and her husband have covid. They Had all 3 vaccinations. Husband goes 3 times a week for dialisis and his dr thinks he got it from the hospital. I have an appointment in Alessandria ( not my usual hospital) and I feel I want to cancel or at least ask for a spring appointment. We have a great deal of positives in the village so dont want to go too far. It seems everyone is coming down with it.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:28 AM, radfordred said:

Yeah seriously, why would you be testing with no symptoms, it’s an easy question. 

My wife & myself did an LFT on new years day because a friend we'd been with day before tested positive, my wife was positive & me negative, by law we both had to do a PCR test on 2'nd Jan where we were both positive so into isolation we went, neither of us had symptoms on that day. Next day I had bad cold like symptoms that only cleared up a couple of days ago. Wife tested negative on days 7 & 8 & was free on day 9. Today (day 13 for me) the LFT had a very faint T line, so I'm hoping it'll be clear tomorrow & I'll be free...  

Colly0410, a quick question from a Numpty. If you self test with a LFT and get a positive, where do you go for a PCR test? (I have no idea of the difference).

Beekay.. We went to B&M Hucknall car park, said online that by law if you test positive on an LFT you have to have a PCR as soon as possible. (this rule no longer apply's but it did on 1'st Jan) The PCR is more accurate than an LFT & picked up my covid even though I tested negative on an LFT, we were just following government regulations at the time..... BTW after 14 days I tested negative on an LFT this morning so I've now left the covid club, voice is still a bit croaky though...

Sorry Colly, I'm not driving over two hundred miles to B + M car park for a PCR test. In truth, I've had a box of test kits sat on my coffee table for about 6 weeks now, unused except opened to read the instructions, (says Nasal test only). We've been isolating now for nearly two years, with exception of a visit to Notts in December. And even there, we kept apart from folks.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, colly0410 said:

BTW after 14 days I tested negative on an LFT this morning so I've now left the covid club, voice is still a bit croaky though...

At least you've turned the corner Colly... good to hear.

• Like 1
On 1/3/2022 at 9:42 AM, Cliff Ton said:

Omicron started in South Africa and they are now relaxing restrictions and getting back to normal. Their spike was notable, but it's coming down as quickly as it went up. We could copy them in a few weeks.

Looks like that is what's happening. The number of cases in the UK is falling rapidly; down 44% over the last week. Colly is obviously one of them.

In the report Col posted a little while back it did say the virus load carried by cells in the body, after a short period, fell almost as quick as it rose.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Colly's gone quiet. Perhaps there was a pub on that corner he's turned? ;)

You're almost right Jill: I was out line dancing at Lowdham last night & really enjoyed being out & free, I danced quite a few dances & did lots of yabbering to friends. Was a bit tired at end of the night though & didn't get up till 10 AM today..

• Like 1
On 1/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, MargieH said:

Now that people don't have to get a PCR test after a positive LFT, there will be a lot fewer cases reported, as I suspect that not everyone will report their positive LFT.

So expect 'a dramatic drop in cases' in the next few days...

@Cliff Ton Perhaps this is partly the reason for the number of cases getting fewer?

• Like 1