Just heard from my friend in Doncaster. Her mum had to be rushed into hospital on Friday with a possible stroke. Tested negative when she went in, luckily it wasn’t a stroke as they had to wait 7 hours for an ambulance. Came out on Monday positive for covoid. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Mrs PP and myself had our 4th jab this morning. We are now both shivering and got headaches. Also aches in joints, very bruised arm and no energy. We had the Moderna jab. Neither of us have had after effects before? We tested negative and felt ok before going for the jab?... and I thought others that moaned about after effects were being mardy :rolleyes:

We decided to stop @ 2 jabs, it was the only way of getting on a plane, I have noticed memory loss my triple jabbed elderly in laws, neighbours & Mother, they have definitely deteriorated in the last year, I'm also witnessing triple jabbed work colleagues in there 20s 30s 40s coming in always tired & no go in them, makes you wonder?  

• Upvote 1

Must confess RR, I've taken your postings re covid with a pinch of salt in the past - but as you say, it does make you wonder. Could not get out of bed until 2.30 today - just had my porridge and hope it gives me some energy.

Youngest Daughter is now pretty much over Covid, which started for her about 9 days ago, but only tested positive 5 days ago.

Mrs Col tested positive 5 days ago and I've been pretty much in the house since then. Mrs Col less obviously symptomatic now..but very 'drained'.

Meanwhile Daughter's partner tested positive today and has retired to bed.  He's not had any jabs, so could be in for a rough ride.

Daughter out of tests and has ordered some from Boots Online for £10, but we have enough so I drove over with a box of them for her earlier. Obviously didn't go past her doorstep.

35 mile round trip.. Got me out of the house for an hour.

• Like 1

I tested positive 2 weeks ago , started with slight sore throat and then turned into full blown heavy nasal cold for about a week . Just about over it apart from the odd cough-up .

My wife  had the symptoms a few days after me but kept testing neg until last Wednesday . She didn't have the runny nose like me but being asthmatic has had an awful chesty cough that she's having difficulty shifting .  

Just tested her oxygen levels and they seem good luckily .

• Like 1

Amazing the way this virus seems to home in on different people's weak points.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seems so Col.  Our eldest son has had an enormous amount of stress in the past few weeks on a contract in Indonesia. He flew home a week ago and straight into the office.  He’s now got Covid, despite having 2 jabs (but just the other day he was telling me that someone from NHS has been phoning him to get a booster, and he told them he didn’t intend to) He probably wishes he had now as he feels terrible.  I might sound wicked but I hope his ‘anti-vax’ wife gets it now. 

• Like 1

Tiredness lately? Everyone here is complaining of being tired, no energy etc. Its the change of season. I get this every year around this time. I dont know what causes it but it has a name. The drs all say its change of season weather. Another thing which we all dont like is , not saying old age but as you get older your body does change, your functions not your size. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, radfordred said:

We decided to stop @ 2 jabs, it was the only way of getting on a plane, I have noticed memory loss my triple jabbed elderly in laws, neighbours & Mother, they have definitely deteriorated in the last year, I'm also witnessing triple jabbed work colleagues in there 20s 30s 40s coming in always tired & no go in them, makes you wonder?  

Not sure about stopping at 2 jabs. The evidence is that a third is a good top up as the immunity from jabs does fade. Actually it's a bit more complex than that because as I read the info, the immunity from getting the bug fades, but the protection from severe disease lasts longer.

Lots of people on Facebook claiming the jabs don't work because more than one is needed. This is of course utter tripe, because many jabs fade over time... the Annual Flu jab being a case in point.   The idea is that the jabs not only buy massively decreased risk of severe illness and death, but also time. The time allows for some community ( 'herd'..if you like..) immunity to build up whilst the NHS can not only cope, but  get back to other important stuff too.

As for tiredness and memory loss. I'm not going to deny that the vaccines have had a negative impact on some people, but I'd suggest that there are many other factors in play.

The whole Pandemic thing, the lockdowns, the isolation for many, the disruption of routines, etc.,etc.. are all possible triggers for stress which can lead to the effects you describe.

Fill 'Yer Boots:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20201113-covid-19-affecting-memory

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-60558431

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8414813/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8286239/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-09-02/your-brain-under-lockdown/12611994

I've rather given up trying to convince the hard-of-thinking that vaccinations are beneficial.

Sadly they all seem to take the evidence that (proof positive even),  injections are bad for you because aunty Flo's first cousin's hairdressers friend  had a headache after an injection, and plenty of people on Facebook say the same.

The lack of bodies piling up in the streets is a sure sign it's all a hoax by big pharma, or else worry-arses are blowing it all out of proportion. And we should be aware Bill Gates is using vaccines to inject microchips into the population...

I can think of a few who are positively bursting for Covid to end so they can say, "see, I told you so, all that money, fuss and palaver for nothing".

• Like 6

It's interesting to see how Covid has recently disappeared from the headlines of the media.....now that they have another subject to be obsessed with.

The UK figures for cases and deaths have been pretty high over the last few weeks, but it's hardly rated a mention in the news. If those figures had appeared a couple of months ago it would've been considered a major disaster.

I think many people are now accepting that we just have to learn to accept it as part of everyday life, similar to many other medical conditions, and get on with things.

As mentioned before - we had our 4th jab on Wednesday having tested negative that morning. We had an awful time that night and it almost came to phoning the paramedics when I had a burning chest, arms and head and could not breathe. Then we were both shaking with cold sweats. Last night was almost as bad and coughing kept us awake. We both felt poorly again this morning so we took another test - guess what?....positive! I don't know what the incubation period is but neither of us has seen anyone other than the masked jab team since Monday. 

I've had difficulty typing this due to blurred vision and poor coordination. Going back to bed.

Oh dear PP...........Hope you both feeling better soon...................

• Like 1

PP sorry you both feel so rough.  Have you reported your severe symptoms 

to your GP?

I hope you’ll feel better soon.  We have our second booster in 3 weeks time!

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for you & your wife mate, I really hope your soon on the road to recovery & no long term effects :( @PeverilPeril

I respect anyone’s choice to have or not have the jab, my 88 year old Mums decided she’s not having the 4th. 

What I cannot understand is why people are still testing when you no longer have to isolate. Hopefully people will stop testing when they have to pay £30 a box, I’d make it £300 a box. Sadly most have been stockpiling, this scaremongering madness could go on for years :crazy:

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Hopefully people will stop testing

Why? what will it achieve other than stroking the ego of non-vaxxers?