If you added over 60 & obese it would have sounded more believable @philmayfield :biggrin:

Things could change Mrs Reds gone booking mad today, 2 weeks in Greece, week in Tenerife, 2 weeks in Turkey, if it means the only way of getting on a plane might have to bite the bullet & join the jabber gang  :tanning:  

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Figures only relay information the dishonest wish to portray, just like all those pre election polls carried out by the media...

So much is being hidden from the people.

Get well soon Mr and Mrs PP.

21 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

As mentioned before - we had our 4th jab on Wednesday having tested negative that morning. We had an awful time that night and it almost came to phoning the paramedics when I had a burning chest, arms and head and could not breathe. Then we were both shaking with cold sweats. Last night was almost as bad and coughing kept us awake. We both felt poorly again this morning so we took another test - guess what?....positive! I don't know what the incubation period is but neither of us has seen anyone other than the masked jab team since Monday. 

I've had difficulty typing this due to blurred vision and poor coordination. Going back to bed.

Sorry to read your not well PP. I hope you both feel better soon.

• Like 1

PP leased you are both feeling better today.x

Which make of vaccine did you have?

• Like 1

Well at least that's a bit of good news in all the doom 'n' gloom at the moment!  Good to hear.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MargieH said:

Has it not occurred to anyone that there appears to be fewer Covid cases because there are considerably fewer PCR tests being done and officially recorded

Also you now have to pay for PCR test £50/80 quid & with no legal requirement to self isolate, there is not much point in taking a test to find out if your ill, my plumber mate was telling me that self employed cannot catch this long covid malarky, funny that :crazy:

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, catfan said:

It's only a cold.

Unfortunately, for some  people it's much more than that

• Like 3

A friend of mine in our village has just come out of a week’s stay in hospital.  She had caught Covid but it overstimulated her immune system and she became very ill.  Among other things, the area around her spinal cord became swollen and caused problems with her legs - pain and movement.  She has come home today but still has some problems with walking.  
Sometimes  Covid is not just a cold!!!!

• Like 3

My oldest  Daughter just cancelled a planned barbeque for Sunday 17th.  She has Covid.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:46 PM, MargieH said:

A friend of mine in our village has just come out of a week’s stay in hospital.  She had caught Covid but it overstimulated her immune system and she became very ill.  Among other things, the area around her spinal cord became swollen and caused problems with her legs - pain and movement.  She has come home today but still has some problems with walking.  
Sometimes  Covid is not just a cold!!!!

OK, it's just a bad cold then.

• 1 month later...

As of Friday 20th May, daily Covid figures were still running at something like: 6 003 cases, 80 deaths and 626 admissions (hint of an upward tick again) That is still around 30000 deaths per annum. These are official figures from the ONS. I think it's also pretty safe to assume that case numbers are an underestimate now that PCR tests are no longer free and are on sale for around £2.00 each, in the middle of a Cost of Living Crisis. Obviously the countless £Billions dished out by Sunak to failed Talk Talk exec Dido Harding for 'Test and Trace'..has run out...but I digress..

Meanwhile, Govt. is barely mentioning Covid. (probably reminds them too much of all those lovely Parties they never had...) and the current vaccination programme seems to  consist of 4th or 5th boosters for  the extremely vulnerable, and all over 75s. Not much wrong with that you might think.  After all Covid is now, for most people, not much more than a cold. That's certainly true for everyone I know who has had the latest strain. Both daughters and their partners have had it, though youngest's  partner suffered a fair bit. He's completely unvaccinated. Brother, and Sister in Law had it. Even Mrs Col had it and miraculously I escaped it.

Also, it seems reasonable to assume that if you've had Covid and have a functioning immune system, you are likely to have the best possible  protection..at least for a while.  It is known that natural immunity and vaccine induced immunity to Coronaviruses, including Covid-19, both wane after a few months.

So.. although I'm pretty relaxed about it all now, and going about my business pretty much normally, apart from mask wearing in some places and the hand washing I've always done..

.....I found myself wondering what is the difference in risk between a fit 75 year old, and a 73 year old with Heart Failure and other significant ticker trouble? It does look as though serious Covid infections seem to 'home in', on any weakness the victim has..

I asked this question in 'another place', and somebody pointed me to the Govt. ' Green Book', which I'd never heard of, and specifically to Chapter 14a, which outlines exactly who should be getting a booster, six months after their last Covid-19 jab.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ile/1057798/Greenbook-chapter-14a-28Feb22.pdf

C115635-E-CA8-F-42-BB-9-E17-B5-D9197-D03

The above clearly states: 'Chronic Heart Failure'. Tick, and 'Individuals requiring regular medication and or/follow up for Ischaemic Heart Disease'. Tick.

So, I  called 119, the Covid Vaccination Advice Helpline and within minutes a very helpful young lady had booked me in for a 4th jab at a local centre.  The info on the 119 website does say that people with my condition should have a Spring Booster,but you have to look a long way down the site to find it.

Had the jab around midday Friday.  Moderna. Very slight sore arm. Felt a bit grotty yesterday but all seems well today. I was the only person I saw actually using the Vaccination Centre.

All above begs the question..if there are people sitting around twiddling their thumbs in Vaccine Centres, whilst their stock presumably 'goes off'..why are GPs not reporting their eligible patients to the Vax people and getting them offered the jab?

I looked at my medical record via 'Patient Access' this morning. The 4th jab has already been recorded.

Takeaway..  If you think you may be vulnerable, outside of the very narrow groups being loudly talked about.. check out the 'Green Book', above.  If you are in a vulnerable group and if you want to... call 119.

I recently passed an open air vaccination station and it seemed that no one was attending.  There were maybe 8/10 staff and various NHS vehicles, but no patients. Why?  Presumably they are stocked with supplies that will go to waste if not used.

I'm not thinking too much about it now. The numbers are going down; they went up a couple of months ago, and then came down again, all without the aid of any lockdowns or restrictions.

SExj2wL.jpg

It's become something we have to learn to live with it and treat it the same way as other diseases and illnesses.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

I'm not thinking too much about it now. The numbers are going down; they went up a couple of months ago, and then came down again, all without the aid of any lockdowns or restrictions.

SExj2wL.jpg

It's become something we have to learn to live with it and treat it the same way as other diseases and illnesses.

I broadly agree that 'learning to live with it' is the correct direction of travel and a situation to aspire to.

For myself, I'm hugely relieved that nobody I know has been seriously ill or died from Covid.  As I said above, I'm pretty much living normally now.

However, the figures you posted above are for reported cases, which are falling at least partly because of the withrawal of free testing. More telling is the rate of hospitalisation, which must still be a drain on the NHS, and the death rate. If those deaths were murders, RTAs, Industrial accidents, drug deaths etc....they would be headline news.

However  the main point I was making is that there are still many who are vulnerable to Covid, even Omicron, and not all are being properly served by 'the system'. Recommendations for groups who should be vaccinated, seem to be getting ignored by both Govt., and whoever it is (presumably GPs) who is responsible for ensuring that those groups are offered the appropriate boosters.   Meanwhile  we have Vaccine Centres being underused.

Something is wrong somewhere.