1 hour ago, radfordred said:

Anyone noticed AstraZeneca seems to have disappeared? I wonder why? 

Can’t believe we are still talking about it, I think some enjoyed lockdown a bit to much? 

For AZ. It is no secret.

As for your other comment. You have always been dismissive of the whole thing. You might feel differently if you were older, chronically sick or had lost someone.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

So.. anyway......  

Those who are still in denial about Covid and those who think it's all over, will clearly not change their minds now.  If 2+ years of scientifically backed info isn't getting through then we are wasting our time on them.

Whilst I agree with Kev, (Cliff Ton) that the need for Lock Downs etc.. is now over..unless a new and virulent strain emerges, I do think that the figures, and also emerging info about long term consequences of infection, should tell all of us, but especially the older population.. that there is still a threat out there, over and above all other health threats, which the sensible should take note of.

By 'taking note of', I mean either maintaining vaccine protection where appropriate, or observing basic common sense measures.

In the meantime.. since the media seem to have lost interest..I will continue to copy figures into this thread, from the much misunderstood Pinkfishmedia.net

UK data are no longer provided after NI stops reporting. So

14 592 cases and 85 deaths reported today and 573, 450 and 387 admissions reported over the weekend to 21/5. There are currently 5 000 patients in hospital, 1/4 of the peak.

Covid can cause ongoing damage to heart, lungs and kidneys, study finds
One in eight Covid hospital patients have heart inflammation up to two months later, researchers find

Damage to the body’s organs including the lungs and kidneys is common in people who were admitted to hospital with Covid, with one in eight found to have heart inflammation, researchers have revealed.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...damage-to-heart-lungs-and-kidneys-study-finds

If anything good comes from this covid malarkey folk may just take control of their own heath & wellbeing, those poor so called "keyworkers" where only able to enjoy the joys of lockdown by catching covid, strange how the self employed seem exempt from this so called long covid :crazy: 

After giving it a lot of thought I am invigilating the exams again this year. I did check with the school I go to about wearing a mask and they were quite happy for me to do this. Some of the kids are still wearing them as well. There is some sniffling and sneezing among those sitting the exams but it is hay fever season, I have had to use my spray, so hopefully it is nothing catching.
It is good to get back to a bit of normality (is that a word) whilst still being careful. I wear a mask in shops (my choice - it’s up to you what you do which is no concern of mine), the cafe we go to we have always sat outside (even in winter with a blanket!) as we usually go there halfway thru our dog walk so that is no different for us. 
It is a personal choice for each of us, I don’t criticise anyone for their decisions on mask wearing etc and don’t expect anyone to do the same to me. It is something we are going to have to live with for the foreseeable future (in fact it seems never ending to be honest), so I will have the jabs when recommended, do the tests whilst I am in the school and do what I can to keep myself, family and friends safe. 
All I ask is keep your distance, don’t stand on my shoulder in queues and don’t ask to pet my dog!

• Like 4

Big fat NO been enough scaremongering with this covid malarkey.

I have a feeling owd PFM GavReid lives in a flat on his own, keeps the windows closed, watches to much telly, got no mates, don't go out much, got a beard :Fool:

You always have to spoil it Red. 

I agree, we don't need a Monkey Pox thread because it is rarely fatal, not new, quite difficult to catch... but also not especially funny.

Naturally, as with most things even remotely related to Covid, your assessment of Gav Reid is way wide of the mark.

I have a question for you.  If you are so keen on people taking responsibility for their own health, why are you so dismissive of people keeping up their vaccine protection and observing other basic common sense measures?

And an observation.  Your 'Plumber Mate' who reckons that self employed people don't get 'Long Covid' is engaging in a practice which we don't need a Statistician like Gav Reid to explain.  It's called 'extrapolating from a sample of one.'  He is self employed, he hasn't got Long Covid, therefore self employed people don't get long Covid..  Yeah.. Right.

'Course if he doesn't like being self-employed he could always get a job. More vacancies than anybody can remember.. but he might have to give up charging £400 per day, claiming everything against tax, doing stuff for cash and topping out around £70k+ p.a.

Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

5 810 cases reported today in England, 91 deaths and 505 admissions (23rd).

I don't know gavreid, in fact I've never heard of him. The figures quoted are a simple repeat of  Gov figures, and I'm at a loss to see his point.

• Like 1

RR you have a very cavalier outlook to Covid as we all know, but telling people to look after themselves is a bit like Marie Antoinette’s attitude to the peasantry.

A surprisingly right wing “!’m alright” philosophy for a Labour voter.

To act like ‘Jack-the-Lad’, have a devil may care, disparaging and somewhat aggressive  attitude is fine if we’re all the same, but we’re not. Many are older, not as fit as once they were, and highly vulnerable to serious complications should Covid strike.

You have good health and long may it continue, but try to have a little more empathy with those not so fortunate, for some it is still a matter of real concern.

We can’t all eat cake.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Brew said:

I don't know gavreid, in fact I've never heard of him. The figures quoted are a simple repeat of  Gov figures, and I'm at a loss to see his point.

It's no mystery Jim. Mostly he's just a PFM member with good taste. (He uses the same model of phono cartridge as me.  :rolleyes:

Earlier in the more dramatic phases of the pandemic he was providing not only statistics, but more analysis than we were getting from for e.g., The Beeb.  He's probably getting fed up now, but he is still providing daily figures, which the BBC et.al. are not..so it's just a useful bit of info which I decided to put up here, for those who are interested.  Saves hunting down the figures.

Maybe also as a little reminder to the disinterested/cynical ..that this is not yet over.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

It's no mystery Jim. Mostly he's just a PFM member with good taste. (He uses the same model of phono cartridge as me.  :rolleyes:

Ah , he's rich then... yer shudda sed so...    bowdown  :P

Things must be getting better.............Rang Doctors this morning at 8.45 Appointment given for 10am..........

• Upvote 1

Can agree with that Ben., just picked my prescription from pharmacy and my injection are of the right dose. So now I can do one 4.5mg injection rather than three 1.5mg shots that I've had to do for the last 3 months. Fortunately only once a week. B.

You're braver than me, Beekay. Hope I never develop anything that requires injections. No can do. Hope I never develop cataracts because it'll have to be a guide dog and the moggies won't like it!

Good news this morning. Last Thursday's mammogram is all clear! Phew!

• Like 1

A friend of mine has just signed up to participate in the Galleri trial. It involves blood tests. Participating patients by invitation only via their GP surgery. Mine isn't taking part.....yippee!!!!!  That's me off the hook!

I'm perfectly ok with injections provided a nurse/doctor does it - although I always look the other way.

I've never had to DIY. I suppose if it's a choice of that or not being here, there's not really much choice.

2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

…. Hope I never develop cataracts because it'll have to be a guide dog and the moggies won't like it!

Good news this morning. Last Thursday's mammogram is all clear! Phew!

Pleased your mammogram results are clear, Jill.

However, having had one cataract operation 20 odd years ago,  I can assure you there was no pain involved!

Also, my intra-vitreal injections each month are also painless.  
I think when it comes to losing one’s sight, most people will try anything to correct this or at least prevent their eyesight getting any worse.

A guide dog is a wonderful help for someone who Is severely visually impaired but surely nothing is quite like having one’s own sight…..

(I realise you are writing partly in jest but I just needed to say this :) )

Margie x

• Upvote 1

I had to self inject in the lower abdomen area after a hip operation. It was not a problem at all. The biggest difficulty was getting rid of the used syringes. The local surgery wouldn't take them and referred me to the local authority for disposal. I burnt them in the garden brazier in the end.

As a follow on to your post Phil., my self injection pens are placed in a Sharps bucket with a locking lid. This is provided by our local council and they collect it when full and leave an empty replacement. I just go online and request a collection. I then get a phone call to confirm. Collections here are on Wednesdays. B.

I am needle phobic. I always have been. I've drawn the short straw this month because, the results of my yearly thyroid screen showed that my TSH is too low, making me borderline hyperthroid. The rest of the results are fine but it means my medication has been reduced and I need another test in 8 weeks. Not looking forward to that.

My mother had cataracts removed from both eyes at the QMC then developed secondary cataracts on both eyes, necessitating laser treatment which made her sight much worse. I couldn't have gone through all that. I'm too much of a coward.  I fear losing my hearing far more than my sight. Fortunately for me, they're both brilliant.