Talking of cataracts, I have to take 'er indoors to have her first op next Saturday, then if all goes well, she'll have the other eye done in a couple of weeks or so. B.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

My father had his done had a huge telling off from the surgeon. Despite warnings, when his eyes itched he rubbed them and disturbed the surgeons work meaning it had to be done again..

19 hours ago, philmayfield said:

. The biggest difficulty was getting rid of the used syringes. The local surgery wouldn't take them and referred me to the local authority for disposal.

I had to self-inject for 28 days after my two major surgeries the other year and took my full yellow bucket back to QMC because I knew from past experience, when my husband had the same issue following a knee replacement, that you are meant to return to the place of surgery.  The GP surgeries are charged for the disposal of needles.  

I inject weekly and have done for many years now. I use the spring loaded pens. Not keen on doing it. Sometimes there is no pain at all, other times it’s quite a sting. Just luck whether you hit a nerve or not. Used pens put placed in a yellow sharps bin which is collected when full.

Mine isn’t for insulin either. It’s an immune system suppressant for severe arthritis. This is an interesting Covid related story I’ve just found.

Jose Maria Fernandez Sousa-Faro, president of European pharmaceuticals giant PharmaMar, has been charged by police with being falsely vaccinated against Covid-19. Dr. Sousa-Faro has been caught up in a scandal in Europe involving people being added to the National Immunization Registry in exchange for large sums of money, with many of them familiar faces and household names. 

Police allege that Sousa-Faro arranged to be injected with a saline solution instead of a Covid-19 vaccination and paid thousands of dollars to have his name added to Spain's immunization register, as confirmed by police sources and reported by El Periodico de Espana. 

Dr. Sousa-Faro is among more than 2,200 celebrities and European elites on the list drawn up by National Police of those falsely vaccinated against Covid. 

According to El Mundo, Spanish police carried out the investigation called Operation Jenner which uncovered the vast network of celebrities and elites who have paid money to have their names fraudulently entered on the National Immunization Register, despite refusing to be vaccinated. 

EuroWeekly News report: The leader of the network was a nursing assistant at the La Paz University Hospital, where he is accused of charging more than €200,000 euros for fraudulently registering 2,200 people as vaccinated in the National Registry against Covid-19. He has been arrested and is currently in custody. 

Among those accused are Bruno González Cabrera, a defender who played for Betis, Getafe, Levante and Valladolid. Fabio Díez Steinaker in beach volleyball, runner-up in Europe and fifth in the Sydney Olympic Games. The former Valencian boxer and wrestler José Luis Zapater, alias Titín, who starred in more than a thousand fights. 

The famous people investigated so far includes:

José María Fernández Sousa-Faro, President of PharmaMar, Trinitario Casanova, one of the richest men in Spain, Kidd Keo, trap singer in English and Spanish, Anier, rap singer, Jarfaiter, rap singer, Veronica Echegui, actress, Bruno Gonzalez Cabrera, soccer player, Fabio Díez Steinaker, former beach volleyball Olympian, José Luis Zapater, alias Titín, former boxer, Camilo Esquivel, recognized and prestigious doctor.

According to the police who are investigating the 2,200 false Covid-19 vaccination certificates, the fee was dependent on your social standing. The more important you were, the higher the price.

• 3 months later...

Booked our flu jabs for 1st. Oct., told booster at same time. One in each arm. Didn't have a choice. I asked what happens if I get a reaction, won't know which one caused it. The response was, " Well  have the flu jabs in left arm and if your right arm falls off we'll know it was Covid.  :Shock:

• Like 1

I had a notification from the local council this morning to invite me for a covid Autumn booster and have managed to get in tomorrow! How efficient. 

My wife and myself have the date for our booster and we still wear masks in crowded places. Since covid first arrived we had the jabs and wore masks, these restrictions worked, the wife has a chest disease and was regularly ill with infections. Her GP gives her antibiotics to keep at home, with the instructions to take them at the slightest sign of an infection as she would not survive a full-blown chest infection. Since having the jabs and wearing masks she has not had any problems at all, so for us the vaccine and masks work and despite other opinions we will carry on doing the same. 

• Like 4

My Mam trusted her natural immunity and shunned the Covid vaccine when offered last year, despite my best efforts to persuade her it was safe and highly recommended, given her age.  Apparently a friend of a friend had a 'funny turn' after the jab and Mam said she didn't want to 'lose her marbles'.

The inevitable happened.  Mam never went out of the house but clearly someone unwittingly took the virus in.  As she seccumbed last November, bedridden, on oxygen and withering, she said "I wish I'd had the vaccine now."  She soldiered on until January but sadly Covid had irrepairably damaged her lungs.

Born the same year as the Queen; died the same year as the Queen.  A 'good innings' some might say, but we firmly believe Mam would otherwise have made it to 100.

Needless to say, I will take any antivirus jabs as soon as they are offered to me.

• Like 1

@The Engineer  so sorry to read about your mum’s passing earlier in the year.  Even though she lived to a good age, it’s still a big thing to lose your mum.  It’s sad that she regretted not having the vaccine.  Condolences to you and all your family x