• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I had mine last week and when I asked about waiting they said don't go out and jump in your car and drive immediately.

Wasn't a problem as I had a 10 minute walk from Bulwell Riverside Centre to back of Wilkos car park, made it there O.K so got in and drove home.

The only effect I had was a slightly tender jab site on my arm the next day.

We had ours on Wednesday and the nurse asked us if we wanted the flu jab too .

We said yes but Thursday I woke up feeling lousy . Slept a lot of the day , didn't seem to affect my wife though !

By Friday I was fine .

I've not had mine yet but several friends have had theirs. Some were offered the flu jab simultaneously, others were told they couldn't have it until another time. A couple woke the following morning with a slight temperature and feeling a bit under par. Others have been fine. I'm still suffering with tendonitis in my left shoulder and I don't fancy making it worse with a Covid jab.

Booked my booster but it clashed with next meetup. Re- booked for last Weds but when I got there they had Booked people and Drop ins in the same queue which annoyed me. Wasn't  feeling great anyway so cried off and have now re-booked for a different centre next Thurs. It's where I had my 4th jab early in the year, which I had to ask for since nobody invited me despite  me being firmly in the 'underlying conditions' cohort.

Flu jab is also booked.

Today we had invited my SIL, my niece and her son to lunch. The niece couldn’t come because her husband on his way to the airport for work in Belgium didn’t feel well and decided not to travel and went home. He tested and was positive for covid for the 4 th time. Don’t know if he’s been vaccinated or not but 4 times is too many. He could have got it anywhere as he travels all over the world. Next week he should be in India but doubt he will make it.

• 2 weeks later...

We both had our Covid and Flu jabs today in our local pharmacy.  We’d delayed having them because we’ve been busy going on holiday and other important appointments and didn’t fancy adverse reactions.  This was my 4th and husband’s 5th Covid shots. Administered by an  Indian girl who did her medical training in Russia and has come to England to get registered.  She speaks fluent Russian.    It was interesting to meet and chat with such a lovely young lady.  
The owner of the pharmacy normally dishes out vaccines but she’s studying Sanskrit right now.  Crikey, that looks blinkin’ hard!  

My sil recently had an op in her mouth for cancer. She’s ok and is recovering well , she continually wears a mask even with us and close family and friends, which is very wise. She’s having chemo every day for 30 days, she only has about 7-8 days left. This morning she didn’t feel well and called her Dr. Tested for covid and she’s positive. The local Croce Verde( voluntary service takes her to the hospital, waits and brings her back home. She’s not been near anybody and as I said before she always wears her mask. She thinks she may have picked it up at the hospital. You never can tell. We are waiting for our 4th dose 

Quiet feasible to pick Covid up in hospital. During my last ten days in hospital  in May, I felt even more unwell one day, I didn't get a test in time as the Doctors came round and decided I was well enough to go home, not aware of the Covid risk.The person in charge decided it would be better if I tested at home and phone the ward with my result. I did the test, was positive, phoned the ward and they then closed the ward down?

• 1 month later...

I had my latest booster two weeks ago at my local Boot's. It was the Pfizer vaccine and the first time I've had Pfizer. Didn't feel a thing (and I'm needle-phobic). No side effects. Not even a sore arm. I'll be going there again, if needed! Well done, Boot's.

Both had our 4th dose today. We had to go to another hospital in Nizza Monferrato so we expected to wait a long while but we were the only ones there. Pfizer this time. Now we’ve had all 3 types AZ twice then Moderna and now Pfizer. Fine no after effects.

• 3 months later...

I didn't have a haircut for 3 years starting from lockdown. I just trimmed it myself to the best of my ability. When I eventually went to the barber's his first words were 'who's been cutting cutting your f*****g hair! I gave him a £20 tip!

Yes I've been doing mine myself. Fortunately there's none on top. I can only guess that the attempts I made weren't too bad. I never saw anyone laughing  :Shock:

Lockdown has taught us how to cope for ourselves if nothing else. My husband bought a hair cutter and foot buffer which now saves us having a barber for him and a podiatrist for me. Also I think we found lots of recipes that saved us going shopping too much and made us bulk cook and freeze more. There’s always a bonus to adversity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m a bit late on this discussion but a lot has been happening in our family.

Anyway,I had all the covid jabs,and still managed to get the virus,even though I was very careful.The first jab made me very ill, but I had all of them.,and as I said I still got covid ,twice.. maybe the jab doesn’t work for me,I really thought I was going to die first time I got it,but I’m still here.

• Upvote 1

Nice to know you're still here crankypig.

I'd suggest that the jabs actually do work for you; you've had Covid twice but you're still here to tell us about it. If the jabs didn't work, you wouldn't still be posting.

• 2 weeks later...