More like a nightmare. I can remember not seeing my son for months and he only lives 10 miles away. When he did come over we sat on opposite sides of the patio and wore disposable gloves if we were handling anything, separate towels etc.

However we’re all still here and worse things have happened over the course of history for sure. It doesn’t seem real though now.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I don't mind admitting I was terrified  as I've always had a horror of infectious diseases and was firmly in the 'at risk' category.

I was taking precautions and putting plans in place as soon as it became obvious the thing was not going to be contained, which was weeks before Johnson stopped blathering about it, shaking hands with victims etc.

Even when he finally announced lockdown he muttered something  to the effect that we'd be ' through this thing in a couple of weeks.'

What a prat.

My strongest memories are firstly of my youngest turning up at our house with food for us and not crossing the doorstep.. She too was scared and said it was the biggest thing she'd ever faced. I said the same but that my parents had faced WW2 and got through, so we could too. Not long after she went through pregnancy and childbirth. It was a scary time for us all. Next is of my oldest turning up close to the first Christmas and the Grandkids carefully placing bags of prezzies on our drive, but not coming close. The urge to give them big hugs was huge, but that had to wait.

I'm mightily relieved that we all seem to have come through unscathed, though sadly Mrs Mull's cousin didn't. She had MS, then got CV which turned to pneumonia and she lost the fight.

Looking back now, it does seem like an extended nightmare.

I was in the local Spire hospital at the time of lockdown having a hip replacement. I’d only had a day’s recovery when they decided I was fit to leave the following day. I knew I wasn’t but I think they’d had notice from head office to get rid of as many patients as possible. My wife collected me and they wheeled me to the car. I had a relapse when I got home and felt dreadful and after a lot of phone calls they agreed to take me back in a private ambulance. I remained there in recovery for three more days. I certainly wouldn’t go back to that place again! We were fortunate that our daughter and boyfriend could shop for us and I signed up to Amazon Prime which I’ve used ever since and hardly ever go shopping other than to select food. We live out in the country so it’s a long way to the shops so Amazon next day delivery is so convenient. 

• 4 months later...

Coronavirus cases seem to be on the rise again, though nothing like 'Pandemic' levels.

Maybe not surprising as we approach Autumn, but I'd say the return tgo school/work after the Summer break will be the real test.

New variants too since I last took much notice. No indication so far that they are any more dangerous than 'Omicron', which for most seems to have been pretty benign.

That said, there continue to be dozens of deaths per week in the UK and many areas are experiencing an 'uptick' in reported cases.

In my area, it's around 1:1000 reported cases ( and who knows how many unreported)

Some are suggesting that the lousy weather, causing more indoor activity, is making it worse.

Meantime, I've heard nothing concrete about a Covid booster jab programme.

I had my last jab over 6 months ago, and Covid a couple of weeks later, which was mercifully mild. But, I'm pretty sure both my Covid iniduced, and Vaccine induced protection will be fading fast now..

Just sayin'...

I’ve had my 4th booster but don’t know if they are going any further with them. It seems that a lot of people are now under the impression that the vaccines have produced a lot of pains in the body

• Like 1

I’ve done with coronavirus vaccines. After the last one I had an horrendous reaction. Could barely move and was eventually diagnosed with polymyalgia  rheumatica which is rather unpleasant to understate it 1000%. No one will attribute it directly to the vaccine but there is research that links it. Even when I was fully vaccinated I’ve had the virus twice. I’ll risk it from now on. 

I think it's a case of 'you win some, you lose some'.

My sister had her first ever flu jab earlier this year, and decided she won't be having another. She spent the following week in bed with the worst flu she'd ever had.

I've had several flu jabs with no problem.

I try to keep myself fairly fit and reasonably active, I never had the "jabs" even after I was told I was in the higher risk bracket, very rarely get a cold or any other ailments apart from the blood pressure thingy but thats controlled with the meds, suppose it works for some and don't work for others at the moment we do have a choice

Rog

I've had around 7 flu jabs in total, none with any after effects.

I've had 4 Coronavirus jabs, 2 makes, the only after effect with a couple of them was a slightly stiff arm, I've not been invited this year, yet, but will go if I am.

I had the Shingles jab the other week, no after effects.

I'm the only person I know that has, to best of my knowledge not had Coronavirus or any symptoms of.

I don't believe I've ever had the real flu, only at worse very bad colds.

Now if you want to talk about toes, feet, ankles, knees, shoulders and back joint issues, that's a different very long story.

• Like 1

I know a number of people who haven't had covid, including me, but an awful lot more who have. Some, more than once.

I've had flulike symptoms a couple of times over the years but was able to work through them. At the end of 2014, I had a very bad chest infection that ended up as pleurisy and I was still stupid enough to go to work as one of my colleagues had the same chest infection and ended up with pneumonia. She had six weeks off.

As my mother used to say, "You'll get no thanks for it!" She was absolutely right, as usual. All I got was the additional burden of covering my colleague's work.  

• Like 1

S.I.L. has contracted Covid 19, most likely from four interstate flights over the previous week. Feeling very seedy but is up to date with her vaccinations.

Covid has not gone away here in South Australia but is significantly less than it was. 503 cases reported last week, no deaths thankfully, 37 patients in hospital 3 in ICU, 4,375 PCR tests were conducted last week.

I had covid when it was rife but practically no symptoms. I had a headache and groggy feeling but tested positive for it but it only lasted a day. I’m lucky at least in the fact that I rarely mix with crowds in the winter. Practically everyone and his brother has flu in the winter and Italians are so sociable that it’s a certainty that you’ll get something. I never get a cold and don’t remember the last time I had one. Suppose I’m lucky, I’m not antisocial I just take care who I mix with. Hope it stays that way.