Margie ,yesterday our Green Pass was obligatory to enter certain places such as Bars  restaurant , museums, etc. Those that havent been vaccinated arent entitled it so they are restricted to where they want  to go.

The first day went fairly well with people either eating or drinking outside or had the passes. Im watching news 24 at the moment and 1 million 700 young people have rushed to get their vaccinations and therefore their Green Pass because they want to go to a concert with their favourite pop star. Theres a protest against Green Pass with fights etc its awful. Lots of people have something against restaurants but its not the restaurants that have provided this pass its the government and they all have to obey. Those that refuse to be vaccinated will at the end lose out but they seem to think its the restaurants that will close because no one will go. On the news earlier the results were very positive with people accepting the new law. Sorry for those from abroad that were not advised by their travel company what things were necessary. But in most cases they are doing vaccinations on the spot and it seems to be the most sensible thing to do.

There will still be those that are no vax but in my opinion they are wrong for themselves and selfish to others.

But theres still those in govt who think theres still a lot more that could be done .

We'll see what effect it has in a few weeks.

My husband went to our favorite bar yesterday morning for his coffee and the proprietor apologised for asking to see the pass. He said hed asked someone earlier and he threw a load of abuse at him.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I see they are now offering a prize draw with a jackpot to young people who haven't been vaccinated. Excuse me, but older people weren't offered this type of incentive. Surely, this is discrimination? Where can we sue?

Jill I think the older people are more sensible its the younger ones that think they're invincible. A prize draw doesnt sound a sure way of winning to me.

Sign of the times, nonna. Even school children these days expect some kind of reward for going to school. In our day, all we had was the threat of retribution if you didn't!

• Like 1

That should be the same case now Jill. Either conform or pay the penalty, no ifs buts or maybes, do it or your out. The trouble is people have been given too much freedom to do pretty much what they like for a long time now and then along comes the pandemic, knocks them off track and they don't know how to cope. They lead life up to the hilt and then behave like a bunch of spoilt kids when restrictions have to be made. We didn't have lockdown for fun and I very much doubt if we will ever get back to how things were, but it was for the publics benefit that difficult decisions had to be made. The ones that really bugged me were the ones that were bleating they couldn't go on holday. People were dying in large numbers and these selfish oiks couldn't care less. My answer is if they want to go abroad let them go but shut the door behind them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

While a large proportion of the general public appear to think the pandemic has ended, it is worth noting that daily death figures are currently running at roughly 100..and showing signs of rising.

According to even my abysmal maths, that represents an annual death toll of about 36000.

Road death: 1800.

Workplace deaths: 140

Influenza: Varies, but 25000 is a 'bad' year.

All of which adds up to Covid still being a huge cause of death.. and far from 'over'.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Back in the real world, I would have to agree, It was a post on here about arranging meet ups & checking the data for the area :Shock: first I had heard anything like that for a good 3 weeks, I did think he was joking @ first (I did share the link to the post to some mates & our union official) https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/20334-2021-meet-upspost-covid/?do=findComment&comment=672224 works all back normal, two in a van, football grounds up & down the country are packed to the gunnels & Premier League kicks off this weekend Manchester United a sold out 74,000! The last 2 Saturdays Nottingham city centre, good to see the pubs rammed, its a pleasure to be standing back @ the bar & collecting your beers, I know some are quite happy to stay in & probably enjoy it? Some don't, life goes on.

I do wonder if some think more about dying than living? 

What's your point Red?

Woohoo! hold the front page! Major post from the three line man!   Got a new phone Red?      :crazy:

• Like 2
On 8/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, nonnaB said:

Seems that people are starting to realise it makes sense to be vaccinated. Its the same here but still plenty who dont want to know.

BBC 'North West Tonight' has been doing a little series on the impact of Covid in local hospitals.

They showed a middle aged chap who was getting over Covid treatment in I-C, but was deeply regretting not getting the jab and urging all to do so. He said he planned to get it as soon as he could.

By contrast, a young lad ..probably mid-late 20s.. also unvaccinated.. also recovering after having God knows how much tax payers money spent on his treatment.  And the jab?  He's still 'weighing it up', but on balance at the moment and from what he has heard.. it's more a 'No' then a 'Yes'.

I'm trying to keep my reaction to suitable reading for a family website.. but 'What an utter ******* moron' springs to mind.

Possibly even more annoying than that utter tool.. was the fact that the reporter did not go on to ask him to explain what he had heard that was so worrying.. where he had heard it..and what sort of discriminatory logic was driving his idiocy.

Definite candidate for the Darwin Award.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DJ360 said:

According to even my abysmal maths, that represents an annual death toll of about 36000.

Not disputing your figures or the extrapolation but I think it worth noting the majority of newly infected are non-vaccinated and  under 60. In Broxtowe (pop 110,000) the figures for the last 28 days:

Infections - 34

Deaths - 1

The pandemic is, as you say, far from over but risk for the vaccinated and sensible is greatly reduced.

Looking at stats can be confusing to say the least but overall we are moving in the right direction and looking at your area Col you're safer here than there!

Well yes Jim.. so long as I stay away from Blackpool...  which is no hardship.. I've managed it for 65 years..

Yes I agree that the situation for most is much safer.. but when I see people like the woman opposite, who works in a school.. operating what appears to be an open door policy for all visitors, friends, relatives, as well as her own kids and their friends..etc..etc..etc...  I do tend to wonder if some people have actually noticed that there is a pandemic.

Just when you thought it was safe! Daughter has tested positive for Covid so we’re all now isolating for the next ten days. This time around, and thanks to her having had both jabs, it’s much more like a bad cold. We’re now having to use lateral flow tests every day and have tested negative so far.

Most likely, she caught it at work (she’s a waitress) from a customer now that most restrictions have been lifted and people aren’t as careful as before.

Lateral flow tests, also known as lateral flow immunochromatographic assays or rapid tests, are simple devices intended to detect the presence of a target substance in a liquid sample without the need for specialized and costly equipment

It’s the test you do at home by shoving a large cotton bud right up the back of your nose (until you start gagging!). You then put the bud into a solution which then goes into a bit of plastic for testing whether you are positive or not.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/how-to-do-a-test-at-home-or-at-a-test-site/how-to-do-a-rapid-lateral-flow-test/

B-K,,

The home test kit where you stick a big cotton bud up your nose and stir it around and also in the back of your throat and tickle your tonsils if you've still got them.
Then stir it in a magic potion and drip the residue into a widget.

1 bar and your clear, 2 bars and your positive, probably.

Thanks one and all. thumbsup Ube, I'll  see if can find somebody to translate your post for me. I'm afraid I don't speak posh. :Shock:

And this is a positive result, from my 5 year old Grandson 3 weeks ago.

PCR test, the laboratory one confirmed it.

He caught Covid from a teacher in the last week at school.

It's barely noticeable but next to the T is a bar that indicates positive.

C is just a control marker.

81ok9eK.jpg

Rob.L, I sincerely hope all goes well with your family and they make a swift recovery. Take care, B.

Thanks BK. We’re not worried this time around as we know a lot more about the virus than when we caught it in March 2020. We've been vaccinated and we’re well used to taking the simple precautions - hand washing, wiping down surfaces, keeping distance, etc.

Main worry is shopping, especially keeping the wife’s wine supply flowing!

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, ube said:

lateral flow immunochromatographic

Moving horizontally.  Not sure where the immuno comes in.. but chromatography is a method for identifying different substances by passing them through a medium which causes them to separate and show up as different things rather than one big mess.

Lateral flow tests seem to be a form of paper chromatography.

In the Coal Board labs, we employed 'gas chromatography'.. in which a sample of gas.. typically a mine air sample, was passed through a column of stuff which separated individual gaseous components, which could then be identified and measured as they passed over some form of detector. The results came up on a meter, or a chart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatography

19 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

And this is a positive result, from my 5 year old Grandson 3 weeks

And that's what used to grind me gears with whole face mask thing.... You'd go in the supermarket and you had to wear your mask but there be hords of kids not wearing masks because they didn't have to!!!!! 

Hope ya grandson is making a good recovery. 

Ube,

Day 1 he complained his head hurt (not headache)

Night time same day, he woke up shouting the house is on fire, never done that before.

It's a fairly new house so has many smoke detectors, apparently hallucination is a symptom.

That was it, apart from the whole family being in isolation for 10days.

Daughter in Law works from home so no change.

My Son was off with the kids.

Track and Trace were on the phone within minutes of the email confirming positive PCR test result.

At least 2 or 3 other kids in the class caught it.