• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I have heard from the education dept that this year Exams are to be scrapped, Is this fair?  my grandson is due to leave this year, he has a job waiting but he wants the grades. So why don't the education department grade the school leave's  on there course work and send then some more paper work? Not just scrap exams altogether.

Just been on tv The Queen and her family are thinking about us ask the get into the car to go to the other estate . 

Maybe we can use BP for an hospital ??

Mary, the plan is to assess.

Exams can't happen because of mass gatherings /potentially shortage of staff.

There could be the possibility, depending on how it goes in the next few weeks, of further Schoolwork / grading in the Summer.

No-one will be going anywhere on holiday.

Results presumably will come out at the normal times, subject to staff availability.

It's the same for all students in the Country, no-one will / can jump into someone else's job.

It's also the same across the World.

With both of us working & we never cook at the weekends, we do not stock much food items, I was sent out with a shopping list today, I have come back with nothing, nowt left!

We are out of bog paper so I’ve made amends.

ETdhc9wWkAAskb2?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Wot yer pickin on me for Trogg? I'm just waiting for somebody to open it so I can quote it, to cheer up Radford dread.

• Like 1

Spoke to my son son about his children, they are bored bored bored but the eldest said he'd never done so much homework before. Grand daughter works 10 hours per day on her school work. The middle one doesn't have much he's interested in TI or is it IT. Says a lot for technology. He's getting on with it though.

Was talking to a friend in Nottingham earlier and they said they hadn't stocked up with food but they couldn't because there was nothing in the shops. Don't the supermarkets offer deliveries at home or are the early birds stocking up on essentials and selling them on for profit.  Here we have all the local shops doing home deliveries. Hope nobody goes hungry.

Beekay I chose you as you can take a joke, there is no way I am going to read it, as I cannot change what they decide . If you do read it tonight please don't tell me about it as I will be even more confused.

• Like 1

It's up to you Trogg, either CV19 bill or Tolstoy's "War and Peace". I'm gonna be your worst nightmare ! ( Or I may read you the East Sussex telephone directory.  smile2

Incidentally, you are my 3,000th post. Thank you.

• Like 1

Nonna, the supermarkets would normally deliver but today I’ve heard from 3 friends in Nottingham, Leeds and Woburn that there are no delivery slots left, the earliest they can get is in 3 weeks time! 

Letsavago : we find ourselves in the same situation. By rationing, we can eke what we have. My plan is hopefully, in a week or so, the idiotic imbeciles that masquerade as members of the human race will have locked themselves into whatever bolt hole they find themselves in, gleefully rejoicing in their selfish behaviour bu££ering those who think about others. Sadly, some people would delight in what they've done, thinking how clever they are. What goes around comes around. 

Like you, we have a conscience, if we had spare items, we would share. Could still do that if we come across someone worse off then we are. 

After the horse has bolted, it's nice to see the supermarkets now bringing in rationing. Why couldn't this have been carried out in the beginning? 

People say " why don't you order on line?"

To answer that, if you are lucky enough to place an order, you won't receive it until April.

Wouldn't be surprised if the hoarders are getting items on line as well. I still think there's a fair amount of profiteering taking place. 

The internet providers could do more by taking down a lot of the maleficent junk relating to this epidemic. There is a lot of lets panic the manure out of people.

As an aside, I wonder if people would be fighting over toilet rolls if they were Izal?  

• Like 3

I can't see why if they have cleared the shelves once then surely they can't keep bulk buying, where the hell do they keep it all? I naively thought that once the silly buggers had their fill stock level would be back to normal..

Perhaps they have everything stored in a warehouse somewhere so it can be sold at ridiculous prices later?  My son wanted some frozen food this morning and he said the freezer cabinets were empty.  These greedy stockpilers must have a lot of chest freezers somewhere as well!

He is working as a delivery driver at the moment and reckons that online slots are being abused by greedy customers ordering several 'baskets' but on different days/times.   

• Like 1

My wife was talking to me of the workers at our local Asda yesterday, where they’ve introduced limits on purchases, especially toilet rolls. People are getting around the restrictions by going back into the shop two or three times until the shelves are empty.

What is it with these idiots? Do they think that CV gives them dysentery?

Thanks for the tip Mess, from now on I'll double my intake of quinine via two large G&T's a day only to help improve my immunity you know.

Next thing we know the numpties will be panic buying tonic water.

I am sure that technology exists to stop these greedy selfish people doing multiple visits around all the shops in the area. We have had people driving 300+ kilometres to shop in regional areas, failing that I'd shoot the idiots that are panic buying it would improve the IQ of the planet.

7 hours ago, Brew said:

It's been a year and three mnths since I smoked.......................... and I could kill a ciggy............

Maybe worth remembering a Ciggy could also kill you...  :)

Don't know how I finally managed to stop.. but have never regretted it or been tempted back.  Be strong Glasshopper!!

Mrs Col and I discussed shopping Thurs morning.  We're not short of food except for stuff like fresh veg, bread, eggs etc.  Also I could do with a few non-food items but I'm not losing sleep over them.  I'm not coming at this from a 'panic buying' point of view.  I'm far more interested in staying away from people if I do need a few bits.

I favoured a tentative expedition to one of the stores offering early opening for 'Old Gits'.  I reminded Mrs Col that if she gets CV, I get CV.

OTOH, Mrs Col declared that she needed Mushrooms.  I agreed that we both like Mushrooms but they aren't vital for sustaining life.  However, both Chicken Curry and Spag Bol seem to be inedible to her without Mushrooms.  Why did I marry a weirdo?

We reached no conclusion and I went for a walk.  For a change I went a few miles in the car to the area around Rainford, parked up and reminded myself of some truly gorgeous little lanes which ceased being through routes when the Rainford By-Pass was built yonks ago. Still other humans about though... damned inconsiderate I say..

When I arrived home.. there were bags of shopping in the porch.  Mrs Col was in the kitchen making a brew.  She explained that she had left the stuff in the porch for me to disinfect to my satisfaction.  I didn't bother arguing about why she'd been to the shop at all, or the issue of her getting CV and us both ending up with it.

So, Cucumber, Cauliflower, Mushrooms, Bread, Bananas, jars and bottles etc... all had their wrappers wiped with dilute bleach.  So did her Debit Card, a book of stamps and the cellophane on several greetings cards... and her car keys.  Then I wiped the shopping bags inside and out with same.

Mrs Col protested that she'd worn gloves while shopping and had cleaned them when she got home.  I pointed out that this meant that in the admittedly remote chance her gloves had picked up any virus.. it would now be all over her car.. which she had not cleaned.  I cleaned her car door handles, steering wheel, controls etc.  Took me all of two minutes.

Being a Paranoid OCD Virophobe really isn't all that onerous..  :)

• Like 1

Different sides of human nature:

Don’t know how true it is but I have been told that an elderly lady managed to get some eggs in the supermarket, went to get something else and someone took them out her basket. Words fail me.

When I was at the supermarket yesterday I saw an elderly lady and someone younger go for a jar of coffee (The last one). Younger person got it then turned to the elderly lady and insisted she take it. Felt she should have got a standing ovation.

My hairdresser is opening up on Monday (her day off) so a relative and I can get our hair done with no one else in the shop. It is only a small shop and I didn’t want to be in such close proximity with so many people. Big tip I think.

• Like 2

well done generous lady wish there were more like her. lovely gesture. for the one who stole the eggs she should be fined. (no joke)

• Like 2
On 3/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, benjamin1945 said:

.....i am getting out as much as i can,,,,and i won't be wearing a Mask either,,,could'nt believe it when i saw folk shopping in Strelley yesterday wearing em...

Got to admit starting to change my mind,,ref getting out and wearing a mask,,,

Only been out once this week.........it was to the Idlewell shopping centre in Sutton....Not been before,,,not very busy but seemed a nice place.Found a Greggs'' type place,,nice Espresso and Meat pie,,however started to worry a bit for the first time,,,group of people in Wheelchairs coughing all over the place,,,so went into the Mall to drink and eat,,but felt uncomfortable......... ,,didnt see anyone wearing a Mask but think its only a matter of time before its in common use,,,even in places like Sutton and Mansfield.

• Like 1