I do think the statistics we're given could be simpler but at the same time unless every death is followed by a post mortem we have to rely on an individual doctors opinion and diagnosis. For someone who dies suffering both chronic heart disease and Covid which is the cause of death? Obviously both contribute but which one do you count?

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

I do tend to agree with you Nick.  I’m being cautious still but not letting the worry of Covid rule my life.  However, I don’t feel inclined to use public transport yet, I either drive or walk to wherever I want to go.  It’s the idiots who were demonstrating all over the country a couple of weeks ago who are spoiling our release from 3 months of lockdown.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, radfordred said:

When it's all done & dusted you'll find the official death figures for COV19 will be a lot lower, most would have died regardless.  

So how do you explain the over 65,000 excess deaths over the duration of the pandemic?

Excess being over and above the average for the last five years.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending19june2020

• Like 2

A further 137 deaths reported today.

It seems that getting below 100 daily deaths is not easy.

We've been around the 100 mark for weeks.

That's about 36000 per year.

The last couple of days our new cases have increased. Today 223 and 15 deaths. Even the slightest increase is worrying. Today the govt has complimented the public for wearing masks and keeping social distancing but " there are some that don't realize they are risking the lives of those who have taken care". It's become a way of life wearing masks. I have yet to see people bare faced. Problem is when you are out and about you have to be fairly near to those who you think you recognize before you say hello.

• Upvote 1

Following an upsurge of cases in Melbourne (Victoria) the state government has put 3,000+ people in nine public housing high rise towers into what they are calling "hard lockdown". At the moment it is expected to last 5 days whilst everyone is tested for Covid 19. They cannot leave their units for any reason other than a medical emergency. The government has allocated 500 police to enforce the lockdown by actively patrolling all floors of the units some of which are 20 storeys high. The residents are saying that they are feeling like criminals and unless this is handled very carefully it will not end well.

I hope that the opening of the pubs, and restaurants over this weekend in the UK does not lead to a spike in cases, this pandemic is far from over,

take care everyone.

Oz I heard something yesterday about Melbourne but didn't catch all of it, then just now I've had a message from my cousins who live in Greensborough. They didn't mention anything other than the wife had made some delicious chocolate cookies made with baileys liquor and sent a pic of cockatoos in their garden. Will have to phone them.So sorry about the 3000+ people that are in lockdown. Whether it's hard or soft it's not pleasant, but it's a thing that has to be done to keep this thing under control. 

You and yours keep safe and stay away from Melbourne.

nonnaB Greensborough is not in any form of lockdown so your cousin is free to come and go at will.

We have received another batch of ex pats returning from Malaysia and they are now in lockdown in hotels for two weeks with regular testing.

The restrictions have been relaxed further and we can now stand at the bar and have a beer, restaurants are fully open provided they abide by the latest social distancing rules of one person per square metre. We are still "cautious" but had our first meal out last week so a better form of "normality" is slowly returning. I can assure you that I have no intention of going to Melbourne at the moment. You keep safe too.

• Like 1

Thankyou OZ I did hear that some were having lockdown in an hotel and they'd just returned from Malaysia so I must have heard more than I thought. Hope you don't live too near Melbourne. You too keep safe, Australia was doing well in keeping things under control, it just shows you how things can change in a short time.Its the states I'm concerned about, it seems to be wiping out many people. Wait for the next surge after 4 th July.

So sorry MD.  You'll be feeling really disappointed.  Do you do Zoom or FaceTime or other video chats?

Just hoping you can get things sorted sooner rather than later MD.

My thoughts are with the citizens of USA. Their hands are tied through the fault of an vain, stroppy and ignorant president. He's not fit to walk the ground of a once great country. He's brought the whole country down to his level. What exactly has he got in his head?

Think we have entered a whole new World with Coronavirus''.........things will never be the same....just out shopping this morning and came across ''Security Guards'' barking out orders to the paying customers and all obeying their commands...and it seems this attitude has rubbed off on the staff,,who seem to enjoy this new attitude...iv'e always enjoyed a bit of 'Banter' with fellow shoppers and staff alike,,,but now everyone seems to be looking for ''Confrontations''...............

• Like 1

I've not been in a shop for over three months. If they're all like your  experience  Ben it may well be three more.

• Like 1

The shops come to me now in a van. They keep a safe distance and are always very polite. The only shop I ever go to is the one in Fiskerton village and, apart from a screen at the till, it’s the same as it’s always been. As the nearest major shops are a 20 mile round trip away Amazon Prime is all that I need. 

• Like 1

You are in the minority Phil......and if thats what you enjoy crack on,,,,myself ive always enjoyed shopping and the interaction that goes with it,,,but i'm afraid the enjoyment factor is fast disappearing........

• Like 1

Don't know where you're doing your shopping, Ben. I haven't encountered anything akin to what you're describing. I don't frequent the major supermarkets. I used to visit Morrison's occasionally but I don't really need to.  I use the same small, local shops. Same faces. Everyone is friendly and polite. The minute they're not, they lose my custom.

Morrisons,,Tesco,,Boyes,,Coop,,,several branches of each,,,always good customer service,,,sadly not now.,,Jill......they all seem affected witha bad attitude,,and a smile is getting rarer.......as for getting a date ,no chance,,.........i'll keep turning em down...........lol