On 8/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, nonnaB said:

They will be put into self isolation but how is it being controlled, trust or something else. Hope there aren't many who are carrying this virus. 

Nonna, the bottom line here is that everything is being controlled by a combination of shambolic amateurism, sycophancy/corruption, crass ineptitude and political chicanery. I will not pursue this here.. but have  couple of observations to make in the Politics thread.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Anyone else noticed the Apple (was it Google as well?) track/trace app is being tested where the non-working one was tested, was it the Isle Of Wight, and one other place I can’t remember. Stable, horse and bolted comes to mind. Still better late than never.
I am also somewhat confused why people coming back from France before 4am on saturday aren’t being told to quarantine only after that time and date. Somehow don’t think the virus will discriminate between them. I would have thought those going abroad would have realised this could happen?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

the bottom line here is that everything is being controlled by a combination of shambolic amateurism, sycophancy/corruption, crass ineptitude and political chicanery.

It looks like governments in the UK and Oz have this great ability to go Fire, Aim, Ready. The border closures and the lack of sense being used is a prime example and today I hear that the South Australian Government has received approval from the Federal Government to allow 300  foreign students in to continue their studies???

PS Our tracking app did not work either

Our new rules and updates. All disco are closed til 17 sept ( think that's right), schools open 12 sept but are doing revision, mask wearing compulsory from 6 pm til 6 am outdoors and still continuing during the day in supermarkets, in crowds still social distancing. Our new cases a few day ago went up to 500+ ( people returning from holidays, all young people) yesterday it's come down to 324.  Fortunately none in the village. 

Weve been told if it goes up again in a leap we will see new regulations and nobody wants that we've all had enough.

Having not missed one working day since lock down, I have come to the conclusion that there is a lot of people that did not spend much time outside the house before lock down & are actually quite happy about staying in & doing as they are told?

How anyone can still believe we need to stand 2 meters apart, wear masks, install tracking apps, take vaccines, sanitize our hands, take temperatures & continue this stupid lock down & screw the economy is beyond believe :crazy:

• Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Having not missed one working day since lock down, I have come to the conclusion that there is a lot of people that did not spend much time outside the house before lock down & are actually quite happy about staying in & doing as they are told?

:hand:

Same here. I'm surrounded by beautiful countryside and virtually everything is delivered to the door. I only go out to buy petrol for the mower. I could walk down to the pub but I don't want to get involved with social distancing. The man from Amazon is my friend now! I have got to go for a blood test at the doctor's on Monday - that should be an interesting encounter. Will they have a 2 metre long syringe?

• Like 2

Phil my experience the other day was.....disinfectant gel before entering hospital, then I almost lost my way inside because there were all these lanes boarded off just as  in airports where you have to follow everyone else. Very few people waiting and nurses gowned and masked up. One person at a time to have blood test and no the syringe is the normal size.:biggrin:

28 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Will they have a 2 metre long syringe?

No, it's normal at my doc's but the nurse will be dressed like something out of Quatermas, with disposable gloves and disposable tourniquet .

And I was masked up too, gelled hands etc.

I must confess I did go to Newark Homebase last week for a can of paint. That was laid out in a tortuous one way system. I crawled under the barrier to avoid a lengthy journey with my heavy can. It was bad enough having to wear face mask on a stifling day. 

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

How anyone can still believe we need to stand 2 meters apart, wear masks, install tracking apps, take vaccines, sanitize our hands, take temperatures & continue this stupid lock down & screw the economy is beyond believe :crazy:

F6-C5-F258-0411-472-E-BBBD-85818-E799-A1 @radfordredyou been watching this film?

• Like 1

It's a variation on a quote from Mein Kampf I posted about ages ago and seems to be adpoted by more than few world leaders:

'Make the lie so big, so outrageuos no one will think it could possibly be a lie. Keep repeating it and eventaully people will believe it and accept it as true'.

• Like 2

No @MargieH the last film I watched was Electric Dreams back in 84 at the Savoy Cinema on Derby Road with a lovely lass named Helen, I do have one of those Vendetta masks, had it on the back of my car headrest, a neighbour complained said it was keeping her kids awake? 

• Upvote 1

Phil, if you're referring to the CV19 test, I  had to have one before being allowed from Haywards Heath to Brighton hospitals. It was bloody awful ! With this long swab, the nurse promised to try and avoid the gag reflex area at the back of my throat. After that, with the same end she pushed it up my nostril to a point I would never have thought it could go that far. When finished, I remarked that when you see the test being done through car windows, they don't tell how unpleasant it is.

She replied, " No, if they did nobody would have it done"!

• Like 1

Well, are you ?:rolleyes:

(Looking back a few posts I  now realise and understand your thread. Please forgive me butting in).

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

I  had to have one before being allowed from Haywards Heath to Brighton hospitals. It was bloody awful ! With this long swab, the nurse promised to try and avoid the gag reflex area at the back of my throat. After that, with the same end she pushed it up my nostril to a point I would never have thought it could go that far. 

Same reaction from my husband when he arrived at Kingston Airport, Jamaica last week Beekay.  He said it was like having a broom handle stuffed up his nose!  A week on he’s very used to wearing a mask most of the time and having his temperature checked on entering every building.  

• Like 1

I don’t want to miss out ...... I’ve got my Annual Health check on Friday (should have been in April).  I’m hoping to get a copy of blood test results on Monday morning as I’m seeing my consultant at The Park on Monday afternoon and it will save me losing more blood and save me a few hundred pounds by not having another test there.  At least I can now have a face-to-face consultation on Monday.  

• Like 1

As we prepare to further tighten the border closures between South Australia and Victoria, spare a thought for those that live near the border and the disruption to their lives as they can no longer access services in their nearest town without a special permit, issuing of which is strictly limited.

There is one part of the SA/Vic border that has been a problem since a cartographers error way back when the border lines were incorrectly drawn. The Covid 19 restrictions have caused this anomaly to rear its head again. If you look at the picture below you will see the error. (image from ABC website)

The two straight lines running up and down the map should have met but someone stuffed up, the white wiggly line that is the border between NSW and VIC is the River Murray and this can be seen in green in SA. There is a community called Lindsay Point which if the border was drawn correctly would have been in SA but is in Victoria. They get their power from SA have SA prefixes for their phones and get their mail from SA up until a few years ago they even registered their cars in SA. In the midst of this the clowns that run this state are planning to bring in 300 overseas students which somewhat makes a mockery of these "border closures". The great God money wins out again!

A close-up map showing the border anomaly