I’ve had a cold for a few days but it has developed into a hacking dry cough. No temperature and taste okay but I thought I ought to get a test as the cough is pretty bad. Went on line 8am and got a test 12.30. 60 mile round trip though, way up in Lincolnshire. If you go for one you need a phone as they show a signs with a phone numbers on at different stages and you have to ring them to speak to those outside the car. Strange to see about a one second delay when they speak. You don’t often ring someone your next to.  Signs everywhere NO FILMING. I didn’t have my dash cam up. Wish I had. Wonder why you can’t film? Car windows closed at all time except getting and handing back the test. Result 24 to 48 hours. I’m in the ‘quite vulnerable try not to get it group’ due to age and medication I have to take. Not worried at all. No point. My wife says I’m being mardy and just have a cold.
On another but related matter. The nhs track and trace app is not available to me as the iOS on my phone is not compatible and my phone is too old to update. Why assume people have the latest tech especially the older age group.

• Like 2

Our doctors decided they couldn't cope with giving flu jabs within the surgery and so combined with two other surgeries from an adjacent town , hired a large showground for a 3 day , drive-in jab-fest . You had to phone or book online for a slot . 

It was literally 35 minutes drive away with the entrance down a country lane , how old folks without transport were supposed to get there , no idea .

Anyway there must have been in all about  25 marshals guiding cars through the network of fields with strict instructions not to leave the car .  No one checked to see if we had the correct time slot . The ultimate destination was 6 drive through tents .

We drove in and there must have been half a dozen safety jacketed people in there ......

I thought crikey how big is the needle to require this many people ?

(As it happened it was just a little disposable phial)  .

A few minutes after we exited the site , the heavens opened , torrential rain , so bad we actually pulled off the road and waited for it to stop . Those marshals standing out around the showground's fields must have been absolutely drenched . They'll probably need medical assistance after that and todays weather was even worse .

That’s the problem with living out in the sticks David!  
We both went into our local pharmacy on 10th September to have our jabs.  We did the same last year too.  Our GP surgery hadn’t even got the vaccine at that stage.  Now the locals of Mapperley Park are struggling to get the flu jab and are willing to pay £25 to have one done privately in Sherwood somewhere.  
But then, how safe is it, how effective is it?  I don’t listen to my daughter-in-law who is into conspiracy theories and anything else to get worked up about.  Think David Icke has a direct line to her. 

• Like 2

I also had a painless, trouble-free flu jab.

Got a text asking if I would like one. So I said yes. Made an appointment and turned up for it at the normal GP surgery. The waiting room now has about 3 seats, but I was the only person there anyway. Went into a room and a nurse did the jab.

Last year when things were normal, I had the jab on a Saturday morning. Went to the surgery and there was a standing queue of about 20-25 people snaking around the room waiting to get a jab. It was a real production line, but a waiting time of only a few minutes. So it seems there may not be as many takers for it this year.

I had my flu jab at the local Boots Chemist. The pharmacist did it. Must say I didn’t feel it at all. Arm ached a bit for a couple of days and had a slight runny nose a couple of days after which I usually get so that is done and dusted. 

Have to get my results and recommendations ( for my hand) on Monday so got to get an appointment for Tuesday to see my dr. I want to ask home for a flu jab. A few years ago he advised me to get one around Oct/Nov but I forget and haven't bothered since. I'm lucky I don't get a cold easily and I've never had flu.  So I think it's about time I stopped feeling so confident. Hope all your tests come back negative.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So the GOP (Great Orange Plonker) supposedly suffering from Covid 19 gets in his heavily armoured hermetically sealed tank and goes for a drive whilst in isolation to jolly up his supporters and puts his entire security detail at risk.

Whilst I would not wish anyone dead I sort of hoped that if he does have Covid 19 he would have a near death experience that would change him into a more humane person with some empathy for those in the US who are ill or unemployed.

• Like 4

Catfan, that is a  bit ‘Gaia’ but I can understand what the author is saying

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

change him into a more humane person with some empathy for those in the US who are ill or unemployed.

It's not going to happen.

He is an incurable narcissist. He's already wittering on about how he now 'understands' Covid.  He understands nothing.  Everything he sees is referenced through his own wonderfulness.  He is borderline insane.

The only way the USA and the World can be rid of this lunatic is if the voters of the US vote him out in numbers which cannot be massaged or faked. Or, if he is dead.

Either will do.

• Like 3

So, the orange buffoon is back in the White House after allegedly having had corona virus diagnosed three days earlier and needing oxygen? He is now telling Americans not to let Covid 19 dominate them and that he is better and not to be afraid of it. Below in italics are his reported words. DJ360 is spot on its all about him. What about the 208,000+ US citizens that have died, many as a direct result of his incompetence, how many of them got the medical care and access to drugs that Trump had?

"Don't let it take over your lives," he said. "Don't let that happen. We're the greatest country in the world. We're going back to work. We're going to be out front.

"As your leader, I had to do that, I knew there was danger to it.

"I stood out front and led. Nobody that's a leader would not do what I did.

"I know there's a risk, there's a danger. But that's ok. And now I'm better.

"Maybe I'm immune? I don't know."

The vaccines were coming "momentarily", he added.

As my leader and leader of the free world I salute your courage, wisdom and foresight sir, you are indeed a great leader and saviour of the universe. 

Now can we please swap the bitch virus we have over here for your wonderfull five day over and done with variety?..

• Like 2

The Orange One was showing definite breathing difficulties as he was speaking outside his palace last night.

• Like 2

I think he'll be having another short helicopter trip from the Whitehouse to the hospital in the not too distant future and he'll be staying in longer next time.

• Like 4

I’ve discovered something beneficial which has come from Covid.

When you go into pub now, you can’t stand at the bar and order drinks; you sit down and the staff bring the drinks to you. 

This has put a stop to those irritating idiots who used to stand permanently at the bar and get in the way of people who just wanted to get a drink. 

• Like 4

As a footnote to that CT, when we lived at Snape wood, we lived next door to a couple who we used to see walk by our window in their Sunday best, on the way to 'Top House' ,Hoewood road. They used to stand at the bar all night, like a pair of mannikins and never spoke to each other.

How sad BK

I haven't seen anything about the tangerine since last night s car jaunt. Just seen a headline about him taking off his mask but can't open the page, will try later.How can the hospital staff be so certain that he isn't infective. Cv doesn't come and go in 5 days and I'm certainly not informed or am a medic.I thought he would pull a trick like this. Has he got blinkers on or does he think he's the Chosen one ( his words) brought to protect us all. Hasn't someone told him there are other infections in the WH probably brought about by him and his stupid attitude. If he has learnt everything about the virus why is he still here. Forget about the election and go on a rampage to tell the public all about it and Donald don't forget your mask leave it at home , that way you'll get everyone's attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

I think he'll be having another short helicopter trip from the Whitehouse to the hospital in the not too distant future and he'll be staying in longer next time.

Shall we all take bets?

3 hours ago, jonab said:

The Orange One was showing definite breathing difficulties as he was speaking outside his palace last night.

Doubt he would have noticed

16 hours ago, catfan said:

Why the map of Italy? 

On 10/2/2020 at 12:03 PM, LizzieM said:

Got home from Dorset yesterday to find my Covid test waiting for me.  I did it as instructed and can’t say it was very pleasant ....... made me gag poking the swab on my tonsils.  The courier has collected it so now I’d better go and do a big shop in case they tell me I have to go into quarantine in a few days time!  

Got my Covid test result this morning, pretty quick weren’t they ....... PP said it took about 10 days for his result.

Anyway it was negative, so this further endorses my opinion that sending out these tests to random folk is a real waste of money. 
I’ve been into town today and all I’ve overheard people talking about is lost holidays and the possibility of a further lockdown.  So depressing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

I have no idea.

Donald Trumps message after returning to the White House "Coronavirus was no big deal, Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life" 

Wow what a legend, the definition of greatness, the ultimate of cool, I think he's brilliant, he deserves utmost respect.