Oh dear Carni :( Please get well soon and fit enough to tear up and down the canal towpaths with a big smile on your face.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

any ideas where you picked it up?

Absolutely no idea. We have cycled most days but not come into  contact with people. We have shopped at Morrisons but followed the correct procedure eg....Cleaned the basket handles with the cleanser provided, our hands also sanitised on the way in, and again with our personal sanitiser in the car after shopping. 

I did one Christmas shop last Thursday, I only went into one place 'The Perfume Shop' in W-ton Wulfrun Center. In and out in approx 15mins. Everyone having perfume gifts this year. 

Still in bed but my chest seems to be easier. Thank Goodness.  All I can say after knowing how careful we have been is, no one is safe.

Probably youve got it from the perfume shop Carni, did you touch any door handles or perfume sample bottles. .?Did you touch your face in there. .?You went in thursday and felt bad on sunday , thats about 5 days which a nurse friend of my daughters says thats about the incubation period. 5 to 10 days.

Hope you are still feeling a bit better and hope that it soon passes. Stay well and i know you keep safe. Best wishes to you and your husband.

• Like 1

I’m so sorry to hear your news Carni, .......  actually you’re the very first person I know who’s contracted the virus, which makes me now (finally) realise that it’s real.  Wishing you a speedy recovery, get well soon both of you.  

• Like 1

The shop was an open fronted one NonnaB, and I didn't touch any of the goods. BUT. The two assistants didn't have masks or gloves. Between them they both handled the products I bought. (I never thought at the time) I went in last Thursday and got my first symptom on Tuesday, which  falls in with the expected  days. Tomorrow we will have to sort out who we have to inform. I was at the Warfarin clinic on the Tuesday, it was after going there that I felt the first tickle in my throat, so we need to get it made known quickly.

• Like 1

Get well soon Chris, both Chris's It appears it's a sneaky virus!

• Like 1

Take care Carni hope you are better soon you can't be to careful thinking of you all Ian and Jill.

• Like 1

Sorry to read his Carni , hope you both feel better soon .

• Like 1

Thankyou all, you are very kind. It does lift the spirits to know people care.

It is so worrying the way this virus can spread and the speed it brings you down.

On the day of my first symptom, I was perfectly ok, I felt normal, I attended a Warfarin Clinic early in the morning, I cooked a meal for us and gave one to  an old friend, also shopped in Morrisons and at 4pm gave our son a lift home from work.

Today the government want a list of all people who may have contacted us while infected. All of these people came into contact with me in the hours before it became  clear that there was a problem., all on that same Tuesday10th 

The reason I keep posting is, that I am so shocked  about it all, I want you all to hear about my personal experience in the hope it makes you all  even more careful. Stay Safe.x

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Sorry to hear about this carni, but I'm sure everything will turn out ok.

You've come through quite a lot medically in the last few years and I'm sure you'll come through this as well. The virus will find that you're stronger than it expected :)

• Like 4

Those of us who take all the precautions fall to the carelessness/stupidity of others. Take care of yourselves Carni and think of all the cake shops you can visit when your out and about again.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be wonderful to discover that the cure for this virus is a large box of cream cakes? B*gger Pfizer, et al. Let's all rush down to Birds and empty the shelves.  Wipe that cream off your chops, Carni! :P

• Like 3

11 hours ago, carni said:

The shop was an open fronted one NonnaB, and I didn't touch any of the goods. BUT. The two assistants didn't have masks or gloves. Between them they both handled the products I bought. 

Carni the shop assistants were really irresponsible. They must know that everyone who buys perfumes wishes to handle the bottles and maybe touch the counter. But no gloves and masks, they need reporting. Those who are wearing masks and distancing are being infected by those who couldn't care less. Sorry but I lose my temper with that kind of person, it's getting the same here , now we have 37 cases in the village. There are those who have family and friends round and take no precautions. My daughters restaurant has neighbours who frequently do this  and I'm sorry to say they are not Italians but Macedonians. A big hug to you both.

• Like 2

hearteyesThis is to all of you who I know I might have missed giving some likes for your encouraging posts, but my finger gets tired, so I have a rest, then I nod off, when I wake up I have forgotten what I was doing, so some of you might be missed? Does that make sense? slywink

• Like 7

Carni, I only just saw this.  Don't worry about giving likes..just both of you concentrate on looking after yourselves and getting better.

• Like 2

I second Col on this.  Just gorrup!   Just take care and as Jill said, think of all them cream cakes.  :biggrin:

Hopefully a swift recovery for you two, thinking of you x 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

B*gger Pfizer, et al. Let's all rush down to Birds and empty the shelves.  Wipe that cream off your chops, Carni! :P

B*gger Pfizer is right. £30 for two doses that have to be kept at -70 degrees. Getting that over from Belgium post Brexit?

The Oxford vaccine, being distributed from Oxford at cost (£2.23) and kept at normal fridge temperature.

We should hold our nerve (and our cash).

Somehow can't see common sense prevailing - it's been in short supply so far.

Carni , iI hope you are feeling a bit better, you have got us all worried but you'll fight it. I was just thinking about your post a few days ago when you said your neighbours were positive. Is it possible that in some way you could have been infected by them. Touching things or masks not worn by them. Its terrible when you have to think who've you seen or spoken to. Get well soon and let us know how you are. Hugs.

Things about the vaccine....

It's not difficult to keep things below 70C with Dry Ice.. but that is solid Carbon Dioxide which would need to be vented to prevent explosions if it 'unfroze'.

There are liquified gases such as Nitrogen  (-195 C)

..and the above only needed if you don't have access to electrically powered 'superfridges'.

I reckon it would be best to use Army personnel for distribution.  They are disciplined, receptive to training etc.

But if they go to form.. the Tories will no doubt give the job to G4E, Serco, Crapita or some other 'well proven' bunch of crooks.

10 hours ago, oldphil said:

The Oxford vaccine, being distributed from Oxford at cost (£2.23) and kept at normal fridge temperature.

We should hold our nerve (and our cash).

I've not seen these figures.  Your source please?

6 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I've not seen these figures.  Your source please?

I have seen these figures as well when comparing the 2 vaccines. Not sure whether I saw it on AOL or on the news thingy on my phone. The Pfizer Vaccine does seem a bit expensive, I wonder how much profit they will make on it?