• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

No one reads papers anymore, NYE my youngest Son (two degrees & a masters) & his partner (degreed up school teacher) when the news came on our television, they asked me to turn it off/turn over, said they never watch it, I wonder if all under 25s think like that?

I mostly agree with you, Phil but some of the problem is ‘wilful ignorance’. 
It’s NOT the lockdown, tiers, wearing of masks washing hands and distancing that is still allowing the spread of the virus- it’s people DISREGARDING these rules and guidelines... why can’t they understand?  I despair ......

At the beginning of the pandemic , perhaps it took a bit of time for people to fully understand about how the virus could spread and the fact that it WASN’T just flu, but surely it’s sunk in now!

• Like 2

Those who are ‘wilfully ignorant’ must be aware of the situation to be wilfully ignorant about it. As you say it just doesn’t seem to sink in. We’re lucky, living in the countryside with lots of space around us and everyone going out of their way to observe the protocols but it must be dreadful if you live in a high rise flat in a city. I must admit even I’m getting brassed off with the situation. I never thought I would ever miss going down the middle aisle at Lidl or meeting my mates in the pub. Only now can I appreciate why some people have mental health problems.

• Like 1

I see the area I live in “Bilborough North” has had a spike in cases, 54 in The last 7 days, which means our rate has gone up to over 400 in 100,000 putting us at the top of the Nottinghamshire table, Broxtowe is about the same as well. I presume this is the start of the Christmas Festivities coming through. 

@philmayfield  Of course you are right about living in the countryside as opposed to a city.  I sincerely apologise to any of you who live in towns and cities where it is possibly much harder to safely carry on with your lives.  

Also I do realise that many families - maybe not on here, but who knows - do live in multi generational homes and in overcrowded conditions where, again, despite being careful, there is more chance of this horrible virus spreading.

So I’m sorry for shooting my mouth off a couple of posts back. 
I suppose it was just a reaction to a certain post which seemed to say that things should just be allowed to continue as they were pre pandemic, which upset me .....

7 hours ago, radfordred said:

No one reads papers anymore, NYE my youngest Son (two degrees & a masters) & his partner (degreed up school teacher) when the news came on our television, they asked me to turn it off/turn over, said they never watch it, I wonder if all under 25s think like that?

Not often I agree with you Red but I agree on that.  Both of my daughters are grads and neither watch much news.. although they are fairly good at seeing through the tripe on F'book. Even when I was still working.. I was amazed how many youngsters happily admitted to never watching news.. but were glued to their phones.

Regarding  the vaccination programme, why can’t they do it like they administered the TB jab at school?  Everybody lined up, sleeve rolled up, arm out ready and if somebody fainted at the thought of the jab (as happened in our school hall) we just stepped over them. Job done.   A friend suggested a family ‘drive-thru’, windows down, entire family jabbed in a couple of minutes.   What I’ve seen on TV recently it seems there’s too much chit-chat involved.  A friend of mine took her 90 year old husband to QMC for his jab on Saturday and asked if she could have one at the same time and they obliged (she’s only 70). She said it was a party atmosphere in there!   For God’s sake, get a move on. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MargieH said:

So I’m sorry for shooting my mouth off a couple of posts back. 
I suppose it was just a reaction to a certain post which seemed to say that things should just be allowed to continue as they were pre pandemic, which upset me .....

No apology required Margie.

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

For God’s sake, get a move on. 

As the UK enters further lockdowns I despair of Plonker Politicians. 

In Australia our glorious leader Scott Morrison has decreed that he will not accelerate the approval process for any vaccine and the roll out of a vaccination program will not be rushed and would be rolled out as planned in March. The reason being is "that the situation is not yet catastrophic" I thought that one of the reasons to use a vaccination program is to prevent the situation from becoming a catastrophe?

As posters on this thread have said Boris is yet again behind the curve on decisive actions that will hopefully help curb the spread of the virus.

If managing this virus has taught us anything over time the best defence is to go hard and go early, yet again the UK didn't and we aren't.

By the way the best way to stop covidiots is to shoot just one and warn the rest that that is what is going to happen if they continue to not obey the rules. Drastic times call for drastic measures, issuing fines that are never going to be paid will not work.

6 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Not often I agree with you Red 

Bugger ........ must try harder :Fool:  

I do like to keep you all informed what’s really happening in the real world outside your 4 walls, man on the street, boots on. 

Is it me? 

I have never seen so many adverts for Holidays that are on TV as I type. Do these holiday people not know that there is a killer virus about or are they not on the same planet as we are?

• Like 2

Odd week for the mother-in-law (who would be if I'd married her daughter). Two nights ago fell over an old rug and burned/cut her knee on the carpet. Went round and cleaned the knee as best I could. One first aid course many years ago not much use. She refused to go to A&E - at 83 she"didn't want to make a fuss". Took her to the surgery yesterday. The nurse asked who had done the dressing, Dr Frankenstein?

Arriving back, she found a letter offering her a covid jab. Went online for her (the phone line is useless, and she has never had a laptop) and she is booked in at Gamston Community Centre tomorrow. also booked for the second jab on the third of February. Now, I thought that they were delaying the second jab to get more first jabs in?

4 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Is it me? 

I have never seen so many adverts for Holidays that are on TV as I type. Do these holiday people not know that there is a killer virus about or are they not on the same planet as we are?

Mary,

My thoughts exactly, typical of the, 'other world', these advertisers come marketing companies live on.

I suspect it isn’t just me, but during lockdowns and restrictions, I’m often inclined to eat more.

There are more periods of boredom and nothing-ness, so I dive into biscuits and cakes etc to pass the time.

• Like 1

Mrs Reds guiltily, she’s just paid the despot via Jet2 for 2 weeks in May, week in July & 2 weeks in September, May Bank Holiday & August, Skeg & Brighton, I’m in charge of the London trip, but I’m waiting to see if we can get back in football grounds first? She said if you are working all year, you need something to look forward to, I just agree.