12 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Heard today that a friend of mine has been in hospital since Friday with Covid, was put on oxygen but today put in an induced coma.  He’s a well known character in Nottingham, many of you will know him. 

Is he a Nottstalgia person ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Just read on Nottinghamshire that the Kingsmill Hospital will be trailing 24 hour vaccinations for 3 days or so.
Also some may be asked to go to Birmingham or Boston for their jabs. Not sure how that would work is transport being provided I wonder? Article has just been updated and you can still wait for your “local letter” if you get one of these letters. That’s a relief!!

I know that in my area Marshall’s coaches are running a free half hour shuttle service from Newark ‘bus station to the show ground vaccination centre, which isn’t easily accessible by public transport but you’ve got to get to the ‘bus station first. There must be lots of over 80’s who no longer drive. Do they have to rely on the goodwill of friends and neighbours? I though you weren’t supposed to have people out of your bubble in your car. 

My aunt and uncle, aged 91 and 93 were taken to QMC by their son for their vaccinations last week, he’s in their bubble anyway.  She was saying that it was a long way from the entrance door to the vaccination centre but there were porters with wheelchairs helping them.   Spoke to my aunt today and she said she was fine following the jab and just felt a bit ‘out of sorts’ a couple of days later but only for a few hours.  

• Upvote 1

Yesterday, Tuesday.. all of my neighbours started reporting that they had been sent texts asking them to book Vaccinations. (We have a neighbourhood WhatsApp Group).

First was nextdoor. He's a few months older than me and has a 'stent'.. but has never had a heart attack (I have) and doesn't have Heart Failure. (I do).and hasn't had a stroke.. (I've had two..) but he's with a different surgery.

Next up, a 70 year old couple got theirs sorted.  He has a lot of issues.. she has none that I know of. Then a 73 year old with Diabetes and Asthma.. fair enough.. though how she hasn't already had Covid I don't know as she is never at home..

Finally, our oldest resident who is around 76/7 got his sorted today.

So. Feeling a bit left out I looked at my own practice's website.  Nothing has changed since 15th. So then I went to my Practice's Facebook Page..which AFAIK does not 'officially' represent the Practice.  The latest post there stated that on Tuesday they sent out Text Messages to patients over 70.

Well they didn't send one to me!!

I could not ask whether they meant 'some 70 year olds', because an admin had blocked comments/replies.

So.. I put out a query on a local community website.  It was very revealing.. and what it revealed was borderline chaos. There are 80+ year olds still waiting, and people just 70 already sorted.. and all shades between.and this across a number of Practices.

I was advised to call the practice.. as someone did that on Monday and got booked in.  The Practice says not to call them.  Someone else advised me I could book online..

Chaos.

I'm content to wait for my turn.  I am not content to miss it.

My 87 year old Mum still not been contacted by Bracebridge Drive Medical Centre, (read the reviews if you want a laugh) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Bracebridge+Drive+Medical+Centre&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#wptab=s:H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLVT9c3NEyqjC8wtcgwecTozS3w8sc9YSmnSWtOXmO04eIKzsgvd80rySypFNLjYoOyVLgEpVB1ajBI8XOhCvHsYuL3yU9OzAnIzwxKLctMLS9exKqYlJmTlF-UX5qeoZCbmpIJlFZITs0rKUpVKIKoAQDTgQ89lQAAAA she’s been told to wait to be contacted, good job I’ve already sorted her jab. 

According to an investigation by the Israelis one jab only gives 33% immunity if the second jab is delayed. Although this hasn’t been peer reviewed yet it is worrying as I believe the government figure was a lot higher than that and it appears Chris Whitt’s has said it could be between the two figures. This doesn’t exactly inspire confidence especially due to the governments perpensity (spelling) to cock everything up in every way it can. 

Can I take it then that you are not planning to vote for the Cons or any political institution again?

I find it incredible that so many, so called, government ministers and those with influence are so stupid and lack any initiative and common sense for their given role.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris (Hubbs) age 75 has had his phone call this morning. His Vaccine is booked for Friday 29th January at 10.30am.

I have to wait, I'm only a kid of 72 (until April). 'Bloomin' Cradle Snatcher'.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Not impressed by any of the present lot so will have to see. Not sure about the local ones either after the mess the city council have got Nottingham Into.

1 hour ago, carni said:

Chris (Hubbs) age 75 has had his phone call this morning. His Vaccine is booked for Friday 29th January at 10.30am.

I have to wait, I'm only a kid of 72 (until April). 'Bloomin' Cradle Snatcher'.

I'm 77, can I stand in front of him? Flippin  queue jumpers. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

BK, He must know someone in high places?

We will have to let him off lightly BK. Heart Attack and Diabetes saves him from the wrath of us queueing patiently in hope. 

Not be long Miduck, they seem to be moving fairly quickly.:Shock:

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

That leaves the Liberals.

I usually do...  ;)

Funnily enough in this part of Notts we do have a mini hotbed of Liberals. At elections there are lots of 'Vote Liberal' posters, especially in Southwell. It never produces any positive results of course but I just wonder who these people are. Southwell is a fairly affluent town and I would expect people to be Tory as Newark and Sherwood is a strong Conservative constituancy

Phil , so are you actually saying that affluent areas should be voting Tory?  Now that’s an amazing thought ..... I wonder why you would say that .... :happy:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, carni said:

BK, He must know someone in high places?

We will have to let him off lightly BK. Heart Attack and Diabetes saves him from the wrath of us queueing patiently in hope. 

Not be long Miduck, they seem to be moving fairly quickly.:Shock:

Carni, I'm in the same boat as Chris, heart attack and diabetic. As a matter of fact, I've had my diabetic care nurse visit this afternoon. It seems I have to go onto injections, ( one a week, not insulin) because the tablets I'm are lowering my kidney function. Still think he beat me to it. Take care, both of you.x

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

I'm 77, can I stand in front of him? Flippin  queue jumpers. :rolleyes:

My husband is getting his vaccine tomorrow, he’s 77.  He isn’t classed as having underlying health issues but one could dispute that when looking at his 3 box files of various medical problems he’s suffered from over the years!  
There’s a website to log onto and we’ve been checking it for the past week but it has always stated ‘Over 80s’.   This morning I logged on and saw that a new vaccination centre has opened today on the Forest Recreation Ground, just a 15 minute walk from home. The age limit was also stated as ‘Over 75s’.   He hasn’t had a letter as yet from the NHS so he’s done well getting in this quick.  They’ve also given him a date for the 2nd dose in April.  

Swiftqueue BK.  Not sure if it’s nationwide but we had to register on the site before we could see much.  It only shows me Notts vax centres.  
Actually, in my morning DAILY MAIL (!) there’s an article about a loophole allowing people to get jabs who are not yet eligible.  I must admit I did try today to get an appointment for myself  but I wasn’t allowed, cos I’m a youngster.  

My dentist sent me a link to Swiftqueue today for the over 75s which showed me a number of Notts Vaccination sites. All but the Forest Recreation Ground revealed that no times were available but there was one available at 08.30 on Sunday at the Forest site. I went through the process of registering, onto appointments and received an activation number. I entered the number which then gave me a new choice of Tuesday, chose a time that suited and pressed confirm. A pop up writ large in red appeared saying over 80s. Swiftqueue certainly chose an apt name. The Forest site is now over 80s.

That’s odd Dave, several of the other sites have said there were no over 80 appointments in the past week while I’ve been checking, maybe we were just lucky (makes a change!) this morning and got in there before it was common knowledge that they’d lowered the age limit.  Keep checking!