Whilst having a clear out, prior to moving home, I have come across three school photos, from the late 1950s, from Greencroft schools, Clifton.

Is it OK to post pictures of children on here (albeit they're 60 years old)?
And is it OK to ask people to name the children (therefore identifying them)?

(I am a photographer and know it's a minefield nowadays, posting pictures of children on social media and identifying them, so I thought I'd better ask first).

Lots of people have put their school photos on this site, including me! Mine are all black and white and those they depict are all in their 60s, except those who are now deceased.

There comes a point, in my opinion, where these items are invaluable as social documents and family history resources and if you can name those depicted, so much the better. Besides, Cliff Ton may be on one of them!

No problem VWGolf.

As Jill has said, there are a lot of old school photos here already - although some of them have been blurred out of recognition by Photobucket when they decided to get awkward and demand money for their services.

I'll be very interested in your Greencroft photos because I will know a lot of people on them......in fact I may be one of them.

I haven't yet worked out who you really are ;)

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

No problem VWGolf.

As Jill has said, there are a lot of old school photos here already - although some of them have been blurred out of recognition by Photobucket when they decided to get awkward and demand money for their services.

I'll be very interested in your Greencroft photos because I will know a lot of people on them......in fact I may be one of them.

I haven't yet worked out who you really are ;)

Sorry to disappoint you, Cliff Ton ;)
My sister, Diana, is on these photos.  Presumably, there were some of me at one time as well, but I've not come across them!
As they are only the usual postcard size, would it be better if I were to post them on my website and put a link to them on here?
Or perhaps I'll post them there as well as here, as hopefully, the quality won't be reduced on there as much as on here.

For some reason, I'm not allowed to post the pictures direct to here (even though I reduced the size of them), so unless that can be resolved, you'll have to click on the link and view the pictures there.

School-picture.jpg

Grandaughter got this photo on for me,,,twas about 1951 Infant school Bestwood estate,,,May day i think,,,remember most of the names,, Marian Perry,,Roy Burton,,Ann Shelton,,yours truly,,Michael Laurence,,Beryl Hughes,,Roy Wyers,,Val Biddolph...........happy days   

• Like 4
1 hour ago, VWGolf said:

For some reason, I'm not allowed to post the pictures direct to here (even though I reduced the size of them), so unless that can be resolved, you'll have to click on the link and view the pictures there.

To post photos here, you need to use one of the image hosting sites, such as.....https://www.google.com/search?q=free+image+hosting+for+forums&oq=free+ima&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j69i59j35i39j0l4j69i61.3449j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

However, if you can put them on your own website, I'd suggest you link to that, giving you the additional benefit of more visitors there.

• Like 1

Sorry to Edith Nix....4th from left,,,sorry Edith missed you first time,,,also sorry to lad far left,,,think he was Peter ,,not sure,,

Got my Granddaughter to put a couple on for me.........will catch her again for more Jill...................

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
10 hours ago, Beekay said:

Which one is you Rog?

The one in the picture B, no seriously, bottom row 3rd from left

Rog

7 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Who's the little oik sticking his Tongue out on your right?

I can't remember mate, I know the names of quite a few of them but not him, he does look a character though, Notice the size of the class as well, 39 I think in one class, todays teachers are moaning if they have more than 12 - 15

Rog

Cliff Ton, the one on the second row far right looks quite regal with her legs perfectly crossed and knee high socks.

• Like 1