Coronavirus: Cashing in

I now live in Daventry  and my son works close to a small village a few miles from here. I'm 70 this year so with the new government advice I'm trying to stay in most of the time although I do exercise our two dogs daily on the nearby country park where I don't come in to contact with many people. My son has been picking up a few groceries from stores that have got stuff on his way home.

Today he called me at lunchtime and asked what we needed as he was in the village Co-op. He managed to get a few items but not paracetamol so he went next door to the local pharmacy where the guy was selling a pack of 25 antibacterial wipes for £7.99 and a pack of 16 paracetamol tablets for £12. My son reluctantly bought the wipes but left the paracetamol.

I think £12 for paracetamol is absolutely scandalous. We've got a car so can shop around but what about the villagers who are stuck?

If I'd been there I would have been tempted to put a brick through his window, the robbing bastard. I hope the villagers boycott his shop in future. I'm sure if he tried that in some countries he would be hung. I'm still seething I'm just hoping he gets the virus and suffers (not dies of course). If the situation continues to deteriorate I wouldn't be surprised if a customer doesn't deck him. We're getting close to war footing and most decent people simply won't stand for that kind of behaviour.

Sorry for the rant but in an emergency people who can't show a community spirit had better watch out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I do think we should try keep all the Coronavirus treads in one place instead on keep starting new ones, Or should we keep starting new topics for each corona post? Or do we now post the same thing in both topics & all new topics? :crazy: Bit like a virus? 

• Like 2

Luckily!! Our flight has been cancelled until further notice, just bought some paracetamol (although would sooner have ibuprofen) 650mg 50tablets, just over a quid!! Luckily there is no panic over here, so everything as normal. Just hoping the flight is delayed till things get better in the UK.

Some creep on eBay asking £500 for a 5litre bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol.

Are these prices real or hearsay? Has anyone actually seen these item at such outrageous prices?

Also be careful naming the shopkeeper...........it could be a new price from the wholesaler....

Yes i saw em Den,,,could still be because of wholesale price increase,,,probably not,,,but if it is...its not fair on the shopkeeper.........

A mistake apparently;

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/anger-price-hikes-toilet-roll-3961938

It comes as a Sneinton supermarket manager also stressed to Nottinghamshire Live that charging nearly £20 for disinfectant was a “mistake”.

Usually charged at £2.49, the cost of a Dettol disinfectant bottle at Murat Food Centre in Gedling Street had been hiked up to £14.99 and £19.99.

When contacted about the expensive price, a manager who just wanted to give his name as Ali, said the pricing was “a one in 10,000 mistake” and that it had since been reduced.

“It has been changed to £2.49 from Monday (March 18), I apologise,” he added.

“It was a mistake, a one in 10,000 mistake, that’s how many items we sell here.

“Customers pointed it out to us and we got it changed. We are not selling it at that price now.”

• Like 2

Thanks for that Stuart,,,........................''''Mistake'''?  don't think so,,,,...........''Funny''?...definitely not,,,,

• Like 1